Week 2 Thoughts & Observations

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:04 pm

i know you got that man crush here snake but let tommy boy lose a few weapons here. i cant wait for the jets to bust his azz. no doubt he is hof great but he is in the perfect system and coach for him. not to mention a very good o line that gives him all day to throw.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
i know you got that man crush here snake but let tommy boy lose a few weapons here. i cant wait for the jets to bust his azz. no doubt he is hof great but he is in the perfect system and coach for him. not to mention a very good o line that gives him all day to throw. Agreed Frank! I thought I saw Tom checking his text messages while he was waiting for his receivers to get open. It was amazing how much time he has to throw the ball this year. (And that's not taking anything away from him!)

And Glenn - you might be surprised to hear that I had Brady ranked as a target player this year and have him as my QB in two of my high stakes leagues.

Wayne

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:14 pm

just a little something for my buddy snake.

THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Rog

Post by Rog » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:27 pm

just an opinion but I do believe that the head to head match-ups and 3 point games come down the the better coaches when the caliber of teams playing were the colts and pats.manning might of had a few of the better skilled(depends on what you call skill) players around him(a good left tackle might be the most skilled player on the field) I believe that if manning was the qb for the pats they would have about 10 sb's.Where has the pats defense ranked compared to the colts over that same time period?
If we are counting championships are you going to tell me that terry bradshaw was better than manning? just my opinions.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Originally posted by Pats13:
Great as always Tom, I agree that Brady guy is pretty good.

Also,

1) How about the Lions, they get no love but they are 2-0 and have the highest net points in the league (52). I said the NFC North is the best division in football. It's because of how good the Lions are. They're legit. Stafford has to prove he can stay healthy but if he can, they're as explosive as any team offensively plus their defense is improved.

Back to Brady and Manning, as I said they're both Hall of Famers. That's obvious. I just think it's interesting that anyone would try and minimize the talent the Patriots have had. Brady has had some great weapons to work with and he has great weapons this season too.

Now if you want to talk about great QBs who typically didn't have great weapons to utilize but still put up MVP numbers we can talk about Brett Favre. That's a guy who made Pro Bowlers out of often average or slightly above-average talent.

:D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:47 pm

Originally posted by Stealth SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Pats13:
Great as always Tom, I agree that Brady guy is pretty good.

Also,

1) How about the Lions, they get no love but they are 2-0 and have the highest net points in the league (52). I said the NFC North is the best division in football. It's because of how good the Lions are. They're legit. Stafford has to prove he can stay healthy but if he can, they're as explosive as any team offensively plus their defense is improved.

Back to Brady and Manning, as I said they're both Hall of Famers. That's obvious. I just think it's interesting that anyone would try and minimize the talent the Patriots have had. Brady has had some great weapons to work with and he has great weapons this season too.

Now if you want to talk about great QBs who typically didn't have great weapons to utilize but still put up MVP numbers we can talk about Brett Favre. That's a guy who made Pro Bowlers out of often average or slightly above-average talent.

:D
[/QUOTE]TK, if you were to go back and take an unofficial poll here based on this thread's posts, I am certainly NOT alone in my belief that Peyton did/does indeed have far superior talent surrounding him than Handsome Tommy did/does...that's the majority's opinion here and who am I (or you ) to disagree with that? ...
[/QUOTE]Oh good lord....has there ever been someone who needs to be accepted by everyone more than SS in the history of mankind????

Don't worry Tom, I am sure you will get 8 texts, 5 PM's, and 4 emails to confirm this as well! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Do the MB a favor and give it a rest dude!!!! :(

[ September 19, 2011, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]