Week 2 Thoughts & Observations

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:28 am

I'm setting the line at 4.5 for number of aliases SNAKE uses to support his rants...

What do you say people? Over or under?

We already have 2 with the maestro and now this terrific guy who just registered for the message board yesterday and already has a member rating :D Hmm wonder who could have rated him?!?

This board needs an enema!!!!!!!
Pat Sorge

matthickok

Post by matthickok » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:33 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
The Patriots won 11 games without Brady in 2008. That's pretty strong evidence there's more going on there than just Brady because I don't think Matt Cassel is a great QB by any stretch. Again, that's not meant as a knock on Brady because he's obviously a superstar. It just reinforces the point that their high-powered offense isn't just Tom Brady and a bunch of dregs he turns into stars.

Here's a question I'll pose - put Cassel on the Colts this season instead of Collins. How many games do you think Indy would win? Could they go 11-5 like the Patriots did with Cassel in 2008? Keep in mind Cassel is also much more experienced now than he was when he replaced Brady. Matt Cassel is a very good quarterback as evidenced by his 27 TDs and only 7 ints last year. He led the Chiefs to a 10-6 record, good enough for first in the west. I would say the Colts are more talented than the Chiefs both this year and last, so yes, Cassel could absolutely lead the Colts to 11-5 this year with their weapons.

What's being overlooked is that despite Cassel's talent, he inherited a team with the same offense that won 16 games the year prior. That's 5 wins above replacement for Brady and Cassel is better than replacement value. Also Cassel's 21-11 TD/Int ratio looks pretty pathetic compared to Brady's 50-8 with the same crew. And remember, Cassel is a good quarterback!

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:43 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
I'm setting the line at 4.5 for number of aliases SNAKE uses to support his rants...

What do you say people? Over or under?

We already have 2 with the maestro and now this terrific guy who just registered for the message board yesterday and already has a member rating :D Hmm wonder who could have rated him?!?

This board needs an enema!!!!!!! i'll take the overs.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:45 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
I'm setting the line at 4.5 for number of aliases SNAKE uses to support his rants. I had hoped this wasn't another example of that. Unfortunately, I just checked the IP address of Tom Terrific and it does match up exactly with Glenn's. He'll be given a one-week vacation from the boards.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:02 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
I'm setting the line at 4.5 for number of aliases SNAKE uses to support his rants. I had hoped this wasn't another example of that. Unfortunately, I just checked the IP address of Tom Terrific and it does match up exactly with Glenn's. He'll be given a one-week vacation from the boards. [/QUOTE]wow.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:18 am

I'm not sure why but the admin on these old message boards showed the two IP addresses as being the same but the two people are not. Tom Terrific is not Glenn. I just spoke to him on the phone. He's a long-time NFBC player who's also in the NFFC this year. I've apologized to him for the mistake and I want to apologize to Glenn as well. I'll file this under Reason No. 3,445,631 why we need to get new message boards but again I'm very sorry for the mistake. Glenn's been reinstated to the boards.

[ September 20, 2011, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:23 am

NFFC BOARDS ________________________________& SNAKE

matthickok

Post by matthickok » Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:28 am

This is my first venture into the NFFC and the past few days have been brutal! First I lost my first round pick for the season (Jamaal Charles), then I lose Aaron Hernandez for who knows how long, last night I lost Manningham for who knows how long, and today I get accused of being Snake and am banned from the boards! When will it end? :eek: Seriously though, not Snake, never met him, never spoke to him, but he seems to know what he's talking about, at least with regard to Tom Brady :D

In baseball I was accused of being a Gekko alias so it's status quo I suppose... :rolleyes: (Sorge stop starting trouble! )

No worries, Tom. All fun and games as far as 'm concerned! ;)