WOW!!!!

BillyWaz

WOW!!!!

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:55 am

Originally posted by felixflamingo:
NY4 had 5 teams playing for a spot in the chamionship until last week thinned them out a little and only the normal 2 made it.
Being "in the mix" for the "championship" has a lot to do with H2H RECORD (i.e :"complete randomness").

To prove my point, there were SEVEN possible teams that could have got into the playoff round coming into this week (Perfect Spiral needed 22 more points).

Bottom Line is we had FOUR teams in the top 41 in scoring (top 12%) in Chicago 2.

I agree that there were some "bad" teams, but EVERY league has 2 or 3 (or more) of those.

[ December 05, 2006, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Quahogs

WOW!!!!

Post by Quahogs » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:04 am

NY 3's "worst" team was ranked 242. The 2nd highest pt team was ranked 90. Not a weak team in the lot. There were no :eek: gimme draft dislocations, every team was solid, FAAB bidding fierce. This is an example of a strong league.

Q

Gordon Gekko

WOW!!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:48 am

Waz - we'll have to agree to disagree on the importance of having three teams in the 300's. Btw, how many other leagues had three teams in the 300's and four teams make the playoffs?

Rick - no ragging here. This year, it wouldn't have mattered where I drafted. LOL! you guys played the cards you got dealt and you made it. Good job!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

WOW!!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:57 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Waz - we'll have to agree to disagree on the importance of having three teams in the 300's. Btw, how many other leagues had three teams in the 300's and four teams make the playoffs?

Rick - no ragging here. This year, it wouldn't have mattered where I drafted. LOL! you guys played the cards you got dealt and you made it. Good job! GG, you can't have it both ways here. On the one hand, you want Championship Round teams to carry 1.5 times or even 2 times their weekly scoring average into the playoffs. Then on the other hand, you rip high scoring teams who were in weak leagues. You can't say teams benefitted by playing in leagues that didn't have 14 great owners and then say it's essential that we reward playoff teams better than we currently are for a job well done.

Correct?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

WOW!!!!

Post by renman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:20 am

Greg,

He can if his first instinct is to say something contradictory or negative about a point made by someone else. It wont take long before something like what you (and Fisher) highlighted happens.

Or he can have the logic of rewarding top playoff teams who did well, but came from weaker leagues assuming you want RANDOM LUCK to be a major factor in the event... oh, wait... nevermind.

Gordon Gekko

WOW!!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:44 am

Your baseball event doesn't reset anyones points after 34 of the season is over. I don't hear anyone complaining about that.

For your football event, 1.5 or 2X seems more appropriate than 1X, even given some weakass leagues. Owners who amassed a good team with all things being considered should get more of a benefit IMO.

Renman - go away...please...thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

WOW!!!!

Post by renman » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:08 am

gekko,

Being right does not make me bad. If you wanted me to go away you would not feel the need to post a typo of mine on your message post signature just to mock.

My point regarding how to conduct the post season sprint for the 5K makes sense. if you don't like the RANDOMNESS of allocating draft position, you can't like the RANDOMNESS that allows some teams to play from within weaker leagues (your words) that can result in superior overall point totals.

The way it is now is fine...

[ December 05, 2006, 02:25 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

TamuScarecrow

WOW!!!!

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:24 am

Jules' league has 3 teams in the 300's and the 2nd best team in her league is at #45 so according to your logic here Jules is in a worse league than Chicago 2. Fact is, CC Desperados (Shawn Childs) and Czar Totter (John Zaleski), are two of those teams so we know that labelling these owners "stiffs" isn't the case. Injuries and bad NFL coaches do make a difference in a season.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ