I'll Chat Live Friday At 2 p.m. ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:44 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
FWP is banged up. Mendenhall looks like a bust. Are we about the see the Mewelde Moore show again, soon? It wouldn't surprise me. I still think he's the best RB they have. He's the most versatile without question.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:45 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
Who do you miss more CC Sabathia or Brett Favre?

Who does the state of Wisconsin miss more? Favre.

Sabathia was great but he was like a foreign exchange student who you knew was going to leave soon. Favre was a part of the family. Still is in my opinion. I don't harbor the bitter resentment toward him that many Packer fans seem to.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:46 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
Roll w/ FWP (w/ Moore in case late scratch) or use Leon earlier in the day? Depends if Parker practices today. Like I said before, if Parker doesn't practice today I wouldn't start him and Moore then becomes very viable - especially in NFFC and PPR formats.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:47 am

Originally posted by Raiders:
Tom,

Is LT done?

Thanks,

John I think we find out no later than Week 6. Even if he plays this week, I don't expect much against the Steelers. I want to see how he looks after the Week 5 bye. If he's still laboring, I think we can stick a fork in him.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

botherk

Post by botherk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:58 am

Two minutes left, Super Bowl, behind by five, eighty yards of field, your pick of any quarterback...
Who's your man?

Three seconds left, Super Bowl, behind by five, two yards to go, your pick of any running back...
Again, who is your guy?
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:00 am

Originally posted by philpo:
Tom

Now that Eddie royal looks like he has a groin injury is it time to move on ? I dropped him in my big-money league this week. Now my league is different in terms of how it handles the bench and replacing players each week. I won't get into all of the rules here but that was a key factor in my decision.

Here's my take on Royal:

Right now, he ranks somewhere in the 90s among WRs. That makes him very droppable if there is someone producing on the Waiver Wire or if you can't afford to keep him on the bench for one reason or another. Also, he is no better than the No. 3 WR for the Broncos and probably the No. 4. Marshall is the No. 1, Stokley is the "Wes Welker" guy since he's being used in the slot and Gaffney is a big part of the offense because he knows the system and both Orton and McDaniels trust him a lot. That leaves Royal as the fourth guy in the passing game. So you have to ask yourself - how many No. 4 WRs are worthy of a roster spot? To me, that's the question.

Furthermore, the Broncos have shown no desire whatsoever to get Royal more involved. For me, that's a huge red flag. They worked hard last week to get Marshall more involved and he had a good game. But they continue to ignore Royal and all of the comments I've seen from the coaching staff about his lack of production basically amount to "So what?"

Forgive me if I don't find that to be very inspiring when assessing Royal's potential.

The problem here is virtually everyone in the fantasy industry projected Royal to be a Top 20 WR this season. I did and so did every single site and "expert" I respect. And so did plenty of fantasy owners. We all thought this guy was going to be real good. But we were all wrong and I've yet to see a single shred of evidence which suggests things are going to get better. Last week, Stokley didn't play but they still didn't throw the ball to Royal. He actually had his worst game of the season. For me, that was enough to be done with him.

If you can afford to keep him on your bench and wait this out, I wish you the best of luck. I didn't have that luxury in the league I had him in so I dropped him this week. I'm moving on.

I know that was a long response but I spent this entire week debating the decision about whether to drop Royal or not. So I've thought a lot about it. This was not an easy decision to make so I analyzed everything as thoroughly as possible.

Hope this helps.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:00 am

Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
Two minutes left, Super Bowl, behind by five, eighty yards of field, your pick of any quarterback...
Who's your man?

Three seconds left, Super Bowl, behind by five, two yards to go, your pick of any running back...
Again, who is your guy? Brady (or Manning) and Peterson.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

botherk

Post by botherk » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:13 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by DOUGHBOYS:
Who's your man?

Again, who is your guy? Brady (or Manning) and Peterson.
[/QUOTE]All time, the same?
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:35 am

Not sure I understand what you mean by all time the same. But I think the best QBs in the game right now are Brady, Manning and Brees and Peterson is the best RB. With two minutes left, the QB I want is either Brady or Manning. Flip a coin. In a clutch situation, the RB I want is Peterson.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:38 am

All time you obviously want EMMITT as your RB