My Week 7 Vibes

King of Queens

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:17 am

Any chance of this week's Vibes thread "devolving" into a 10-page discussion about the Caps Lock key?

Tom Kessenich

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:22 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Any chance of this week's Vibes thread "devolving" into a 10-page discussion about the Caps Lock key? Let's hope not.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:23 am

Any chance of this week's Vibes thread "devolving" into a 10-page discussion about the Caps Lock key? FLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:28 am

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
I definitely agree that the Chargers vastly overpaid for Chambers, considering the fact that the Patriots got Moss for a 4th rounder. But Chambers will take the pressure off of LT so it's all good in the short term. I agree. It's a Win Now move. I wish the Packers had a GM with that type of aggressiveness. [/QUOTE]The Chargers GM, A.J. Smith, may be motivated by job security. Perhaps the Packers should try the same approach with Thompson.
[/QUOTE]Hah. The Packers are talking about EXTENDING Teddy's five-year contract at season's end as he's already in Year 3 of his rebuilding plan. Granted, he's helped the team through the draft, but has he blown Favre's last good years at the expense of being conservative via free agency and trades? He wouldn't give up a No. 1 pick for Michael Turner, yet now would anyone take Justin Harrell for Michael Turner? Of course not. The Packers' No. 1 pick barely has played this year, while Turner or even Greg Olsen would have helped this team immensely.

And don't even bring up the Randy Moss trade offer as Teddy couldn't part with a fourth round pick for him. Had he offered a third round pick in March, Moss would have been in the first off-season camp as a Packer and odds are that Teddy still would have been able to draft James Jones later as he wasn't projected to go as high as the Packers took him.

Teddy isn't loved up here, but he will be the G.M. for years to come. Favre has done just enough to give Teddy job security when all along it's believed that Teddy never wanted Favre back.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

renman

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by renman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:35 am

Tom,

Could not agree more about the Seahawks not kicking that field goal. I know we are not running NFL teams, but we can see crazy moves and identify them. I sensed something weird was going on with the Pats several weeks ago. Bill Simmons wrote a great article about it in his column regarding how the Pats are giving a big "eff you" to the league due to how they were vilified for the video-gate thing. I also agree Bush is now way more valuable with Duece gone simply because his roll is more clear and defined and less predictable. He could be a top 5 scoring stud down the stretch.

A couple questions for Tom.

-Why when an NFL player fumbles the ball out of bounds does the offense retain possession, yet if he fumbles it out of bounds through the end-zone he it goes over to the other team? Seems like an idiot NFL rule to me. I would think the closer the offense gets to scoring the more a rule like that would/should be in the favor of the offense, not against it.

-from week 8 on how valuable will Kevin Jones be in your opinion?

King of Queens

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:40 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
The Packers are talking about EXTENDING Teddy's five-year contract at season's end as he's already in Year 3 of his rebuilding plan. If things don't workout with the Packers, Thompson would have a home with the New York Knicks. James Dolan is always looking for "talent".

Tom Kessenich

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:42 am

Originally posted by renman:
Tom,

Could not agree more about the Seahawks not kicking that field goal. I know we are not running NFL teams, but we can see crazy moves and identify them. I sensed something weird was going on with the Pats several weeks ago. Bill Simmons wrote a great article about it in his column regarding how the Pats are giving a big "eff you" to the league due to how they were vilified for the video-gate thing. I also agree Bush is now way more valuable with Duece gone simply because his roll is more clear and defined and less predictable. He could be a top 5 scoring stud down the stretch.

A couple questions for Tom.

-Why when an NFL player fumbles the ball out of bounds does the offense retain possession, yet if he fumbles it out of bounds through the end-zone he it goes over to the other team? Seems like an idiot NFL rule to me. I would think the closer the offense gets to scoring the more a rule like that would/should be in the favor of the offense, not against it.

-from week 8 on how valuable will Kevin Jones be in your opinion? Very valuable - especially in PPR leagues. I like his upside going forward.

Not sure about the rules situation. I'm still trying to understand the logic of penalizing a team on a replay call when it clearly was correct. I'm referring to the Packers losing a timeout two games ago when they challenged a first-down spot. The refs acknowledged they got the spot wrong and moved the ball back. But because the new spot still resulted in a first down the Packers lost a timeout.

So the Packers were right - the refs got the spot wrong initially - and were penalized for being correct.

Stupid rule.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

3INTBOY

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by 3INTBOY » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:39 am

Byron Leftwich=David Carr

Not good.

3'

renman

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by renman » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:59 am

Tom,

I agree that rule you are referring to with the Packers game makes no sense. But does the one I am bringing up make any sense? Why does a fumbled ball go to the other team when it goes out of bounds through the end-zone, but not when it goes out of bounds anywhere else?

To me, the team who fumbles a ball our of the end-zone they are trying to score in should get the ball back on the 20. Fumbling a ball on the one foot line that no one recovers, and giving it to the defense seems unreasonable and too big a reward.

Tom Kessenich

My Week 7 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:06 am

It's a change of possession call. Therefore it goes to the defense.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich