If I Was GM........I Would........

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:59 am

Thought this might be a cool topic to get going on the boards and try to get some football talk back on the boards.

If I was GM of the raider's I would keep Randy Moss and Draft Calvin johnson.And get moving on getting a quarterback.I would pick up David carr or Even Drew bledsoe.Anything would be a upgrade over Adrew walter's. That would make the Raiders pretty good on offense.

My next Move If I was Gm of the Bills,Would be to get a runningback ASAP. Even Chris Brown would be a good fit here. The A-train isn't going to cut it. It looks like they are planning to Draft a back in the draft but I would still be all over Brown if I was the Bills.

You guys got any........?

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:56 am

If I were GM of the Giants, I'd do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to sign Tiki Barber for one more season. I'd say I'd like to fire Coughlin, but I don't know how many good replacements there would be, so I'd stick with Coughlin, but add offensive and defensive coaches that have enough experience that they'd be the buffer between the players and the Head Coach.

If I were the GM of Chicago, I'd trade my first and 3rd picks of next year's draft for Michael Turner, and sign him to a long term deal. Then, Trade Cedric Benson to Kansas City for Trent Green and a draft pick.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:59 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
If I were GM of the Giants, I'd do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to sign Tiki Barber for one more season. I'd say I'd like to fire Coughlin, but I don't know how many good replacements there would be, so I'd stick with Coughlin, but add offensive and defensive coaches that have enough experience that they'd be the buffer between the players and the Head Coach.

If I were the GM of Chicago, I'd trade my first and 3rd picks of next year's draft for Michael Turner, and sign him to a long term deal. Then, Trade Cedric Benson to Kansas City for Trent Green and a draft pick. Marc,

Right on with the Giants....The big blue have always been my second favorite team....And they are just one big mess right now...They have so many needs it's not funnie. What the hell can Eli do with that Offense. :confused: I am huge eli fan but he isn't a Dan Marino. I don't even know if Peyton could go far with this Giants team.
I.W
Johnny Frisella

williamhare

Post by williamhare » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:26 am

As GM of the Falcons I would keep the Houston
Texans on my X-Mas card list

As GM of the Lions I would walk into Mr. Ford's
office and give back ALL remuneration.

As GM of the Bears I would remember the Handling
of Wilbur Marshall's free agency 20+ years ago..
... and not repeat the mistake with Lance Briggs.

As GM of the Jaguars,Falcons,Vikings and Lions
I would subcontract the evaluation of Wideouts.

As GM of the Steelers I would actually do
something.

As GM of the Raiders I would trade down and
milk this rare opportunity to improve
quickly.

As GM of the Chargers I might have a beer with my
Head Coach once a year.

HMan83

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:38 am

Originally posted by Hman83:

something.

HMan83 Roflmao........ :D
I.W
Johnny Frisella

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:24 am

Originally posted by RI WORKHORSE:
quote:Originally posted by Hman83:

something.

HMan83 Roflmao........ :D
[/QUOTE]As a Steelers fan this is sad... but SO true! :(

spook

Post by spook » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:13 pm

As GM of the Vikings I would kill myself for only signing Bobby Wade out all the fa WR's available and for 15 mil at that. There are so many other things to spend that kind of money on.

As GM of the Colts I draft Aaron Ross then get Jason Hill in the third #95 overall Then get Michael Bush or Kenny Irons to back up Joe

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:24 am

As GM of the Oakland Raiders I.....

Trade Randy Moss and cut all the remaining offensive players. I then aquire through free agency and the draft a second defensive unit. I pay big bucks for a special teams unit and practice a lot of fake field goals and on-side kicks. I hire a head coach (maybe some kid with no experience) to run the two defense/no offense scheme. We physically batter every offense that plays us by switching fresh bodies into the game every play and accepting that often we will pick up a 15 yard penalty or game suspension for roughing. No touchdown against us will go unpunished! Players would get surprise bonuses when a QB is knocked out of the game. Finally, I would have a wax replica of Al Davis commissioned and I will keep it behind some dark glass in a skybox. Whenever somebody questions my methods, I will simply point to the box and say "thats what the man wants". After several years, when other NFL teams have begun to opt for the no offensive team line-up based on our model of success...I will have a new older looking wax figure of Davis made.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Nutty Scrat

Post by Nutty Scrat » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:25 pm

If I was GM of the Dolphins I would find myself a quarterback who could remain healthy (LOL) and some more quality wide receivers. I think with Brown they have a running back for a few years but they really need to stop concetrating on the defense even though they will need to start replacing some of the aging vets. Randy Moss is not an option. If they can find serveral WR's in the upcoming draft and draft them all. Chambers is all right but not the total answer.

P.S. If I was the Raiders GM I'd quit to end the misery as soon as possible! ROFL :eek:
Ed

nostradamross

Post by nostradamross » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:28 pm

if i were matt millen i would learn how to get dressed by myself this year.