Larry Fitzgerald: First-Round Pick Or First-Round Bust

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:27 am

I love his talent Billy but to address your first two points:

1. As God-awful as Orton is I think he's a much better QB than Leinart.

2. Calvin put up good numbers but he didn't justify his draft ranking and a big reason why was because Stafford had his share of rookie struggles (not to mention Calvin's own knee injury).

I agree it will be VERY difficult to pass on him. But I'm not sure that will prove to be the wrong decision when it all shakes out.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:37 am

I think Fitzgerald is simply a safe first round pick this year. You can't like his ceiling much with Leinart throwing to him... but the absence of Boldin will help (it always has in the past at least) and his own talent will keep his floor relatively high.

You take him late in the first round if you want to take your risks later in the draft.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:45 am

the past was with warner. this is now. he might rock this year...but he is not a lock as in past years.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:38 am

Tom,

I challenge you or anyone to name a better neck-bearded QB than Orton to ever plat the game!

:D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:24 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Tom,

I challenge you or anyone to name a better neck-bearded QB than Orton to ever plat the game!

:D DAN FOUTS !

[ August 18, 2010, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:47 pm

he would have to fall out of the top 15 picks for me to take him which won't happen.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:14 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
Tom,

:D DAN FOUTS !

[/QUOTE]I thought of Fouts too, but wasn't sure he qualified as a NECK beard like Orton?

renman

Post by renman » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:42 am

I agree with Billy. Fitzgerald is a freak. LFor as sloppy as Leinart looked in the first pre season game, or as bad as some reports have been from camp, he still can throw the ball some and throw the ball up and let Fitzgerald do what he does best. Lienart can still identify the occasions when Fitz gets single coverage.

I agree with Billy that this kind of fear can and will result in Fitz falling well into the second round in some drafts and someone may REALLY benefit from it. Lets wait a few more pre season games and see what kind of handle Leinart shows with this offense WITHOUT Fitz.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:00 am

ability is not the question here. yes , he is a freak and super talent. also point well taken on lesser qb's with orton and stafford throwing to marshall and calvin johnson. question here is how is his knee which gave him trouble at the end of last year and is leinart even as good as orton and stafford. would i take fitz with the third pick in second round or later the answer would most likely be yes. the upside is still very much there but there is a KNOWN risk there also with qb and injury.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN