Leaderboard vs. WORLD Challenge

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:54 pm

FYI - As of right now, I don't see any "upcoming" drafts for me either on the MDC site. I don't draft till Monday night, but I assume if they were going to enter the 14 for Sunday they would enter the 14 for Monday at teh same time.

Pete - Captain America

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:09 pm

Yeah, late breaking news on this one. Jason just e-mailed me and said they had a server problem today and he wasn't able to get out the invites. In fact, he's afraid MDC will be down all day tomorrow. Bummer. I've e-mailed Dyv and will contact him tomorrow morning for a contingency plan. Maybe we do this on Yahoo. Everyone stay ready for a last minute lineup change or an outright change of plans. Bummer, but technical problems happen.

Good luck Jason on the tech problem. Glad that didn't happen during our satellite leagues!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:25 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Yeah, late breaking news on this one. Jason just e-mailed me and said they had a server problem today and he wasn't able to get out the invites. In fact, he's afraid MDC will be down all day tomorrow. Bummer. I've e-mailed Dyv and will contact him tomorrow morning for a contingency plan. Maybe we do this on Yahoo. Everyone stay ready for a last minute lineup change or an outright change of plans. Bummer, but technical problems happen.

Good luck Jason on the tech problem. Glad that didn't happen during our satellite leagues! Conference call. Never a glitch.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:16 pm

Did all of those satellite leagues crash Jason's server? Hmmm...

I'll second UFS's idea -- a conference call would be fine by me.

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:29 pm

Let me catch up on options. I'm not opposed to a conference call... let me consult with Greg in the AM and we'll put out a final ruling by mid day and then contact everyone directly.

Walla, I'm very sorry - I had no intention of depriving you of the opportunity to play. Would you like us to find a surrogate to draft for you or would you rather drop out?

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:41 pm

If Walla drops out, can I have the #1 pick? :D

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:42 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
If Walla drops out, can I have the #1 pick? :D NO!

lol

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:16 pm

Originally posted by Dyv:
Let me catch up on options. I'm not opposed to a conference call... let me consult with Greg in the AM and we'll put out a final ruling by mid day and then contact everyone directly.

Dave I've done IM drafts before, very easy, don't think I could draft on a cell phone for 3 hours though.

[ August 28, 2005, 12:18 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:54 am

Dave, Shawn Childs will be drafting for me. I'll make my one and only pick now. 1st pick Thomlinson. Yeah I know I'm passing on Alexander. Someone has to take a chance. :D

[ August 28, 2005, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: Walla Walla ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:50 am

I have an 800-number teleconference room where I could easily patch everyone into tonight and I bet we'd be done in 90 minutes. As long as Dyv or someone else tracks each pick on an Excel document, we can do it. It's either that or a Yahoo draft room for tonight and hopefully the Monday night draft will have access to MDC.

Dyv's call. Or we postpone the LBS vs. World matchup to a later date!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius