FAAB for next year

Cocktails and Dreams

FAAB for next year

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:25 pm

Lynch got hurt in pregame warmups and was unreported. Things happen and no matter when the deadline is things like that can happen. Up to the owner to decide if he wants to be naked at a position or not. If yes, then you take on the risk related to that decision.

Glenneration X

FAAB for next year

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:37 pm

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
Lynch got hurt in pregame warmups and was unreported. Things happen and no matter when the deadline is things like that can happen. Up to the owner to decide if he wants to be naked at a position or not. If yes, then you take on the risk related to that decision. I understand that. However, why should we have to?

The Lynch injury was something that we couldn't do anything about. It was reported after the lineup deadline seconds before gametime. However, when we can do something about it, like in the case of Carpenter or any other player, why should we put ourselves through that? It doesn't make sense to me. Seems so easily avoidable.

Cocktails and Dreams

FAAB for next year

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Personal preference I guess. Having one waiver period by far the most important thing for me and then having it before first game of the week would be my preference over after that ballgame. The one waiver far outweighs these few situations that will certainly come up for me.

BillyWaz

FAAB for next year

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:02 am

I do agree with Wayne that it would certainly be nice to get a jump on free agency on Mondays. Not sure it is possible, especially if the player you want to drop is in your lineup that week.

Not sure if this is possible, but why couldn't we have TWO free agent periods, but the one on Friday would only allow you to get ONE player?

Most people wouldn't even mess with it (i.e wouldn't really be like 2 free agent periods), as most of the "good" free agents would be taken Wednesday night, but for those that find out on Thursday that the only player they have that week at the position is out/possibly out, then they would have an "out".

mattjb

FAAB for next year

Post by mattjb » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:54 am

Dan Carpenter out sunday. I bet there are people who picked him up with their kicker on a bye who are now kicker less.

Shrink Attack

FAAB for next year

Post by Shrink Attack » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:46 am

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
Personal preference I guess. Having one waiver period by far the most important thing for me and then having it before first game of the week would be my preference over after that ballgame. The one waiver far outweighs these few situations that will certainly come up for me. I agree with this 100%.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Money

FAAB for next year

Post by Money » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:43 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
Personal preference I guess. Having one waiver period by far the most important thing for me and then having it before first game of the week would be my preference over after that ballgame. The one waiver far outweighs these few situations that will certainly come up for me. I agree with this 100%. [/QUOTE]Count me in the group who wants only one FAAB day. Don't care which one it is as long as it's only one.
Joe

BillyWaz

FAAB for next year

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:31 am

If it is between a FULL one and a FULL two FAAB periods, I vote for one.

As to when, I gotta believe you have to have it on WEDNESDAY to address that first game of the week.

I wouldn't totally be against 2 (where you could only make ONE pickup....mainly due to emergency (i..e Dan Carpenter) because 95% of the time I wouldn't even participate in the Friday waivers.......so it would be like they didn't exist anyhow. However it would give those with "**** luck" an "out". When someone like Wayne Ellis is getting screwed because of "lack of information", that isn't fair, IMO (as he is someone who definitely keeps on top of things).

Just my opinion.

[ November 19, 2011, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Cocktails and Dreams

FAAB for next year

Post by Cocktails and Dreams » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:06 am

Still have to reevaluate every league again another time to do it properly. Not an option for me.

Glenneration X

FAAB for next year

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:42 am

Sorry, still don't get it. For those with Carpenter, to be getting a zero at kicker because there's 4 days between waivers and the game seems a bit unfair. To be spending a grand plus and in some leagues multiple thousands, to leave something to chance when it can be so easily avoided seems kind of short sighted to me.

We all spend so much time preparing for the drafts, managing our teams, posting on the boards, debating rules, working FAAB, setting lineups......to look for an easier path on something that allows luck to put all that other hard work to waste is so contradictory.