I'll Chat Today At 2:30 PM ET

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:36 am

Tom,

It seems that each year, there are RB's in the 1st, 2nd, and early 3rd rounds that simply do not produce up to expectations (Bush, Parker, Henry, Maroney, Rudi, Alexander, etc. last year).

Although it is early, the following have been a disappointment to their owners..

LT
Addai
Larry Johnson
MJD
Ryan Grant

Which one of these players do you think has the best chance to rebound, and which one do you think is going to frustrate his owners all season long?

Thanks!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:37 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
TK...

1) do you think that McFabb can keep this up all year?...

2) Chris Johnson will even get better as the season progresses?...

3) Ferotte will improve the sorry Minny WR's production?...

4) LJ Smith and/or McMichael become viable starting TE's in this format?...

5) will we ever have MB peace and harmony here between The Chum-Chum Club members, The Nerd Herd & The Pariah's?...hehehe...

...as always, thanks much TK...SNAKE 1. Do you mean McNabb? If so, he's a stud QB when healthy. That's never been an issue. So as long as he can stay healthy, he'll be terrific. If he manages to play all 16 games, it wouldn't surprise me to see him finish No. 1 among QBs in scoring. I should have put him on that list before.

2. Yup. He's the real deal. White's not going away, but the Titans want to run and run and run and run so there will be enough carries for both of them.

3. Can he do any worse? Honestly? He's Joe Montana compared to Tarvaris Jackson.

4. They're both week-to-week guys in any league. I was surprised Smith was such a non-factor against the Cowboys.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:39 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Tom,

It seems that each year, there are RB's in the 1st, 2nd, and early 3rd rounds that simply do not produce up to expectations (Bush, Parker, Henry, Maroney, Rudi, Alexander, etc. last year).

Although it is early, the following have been a disappointment to their owners..

LT
Addai
Larry Johnson
MJD
Ryan Grant

Which one of these players do you think has the best chance to rebound, and which one do you think is going to frustrate his owners all season long?

Thanks! Well LT is the most talented so I would say he has the best chance though I also think Addai, Grant and Jones-Drew will be better as well. All three of them are too good to be this bad all season long.

I thought LJ had a good chance to bounce back this season but I'm not so sure anymore. He looked awful against the Raiders. If he can't do well this week against the Falcons, it'll be officially time to panic.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:40 am

Back to Billy's question - if Jones-Drew can't do well this week against a horrible run defense that just got significantly worse without Bob Sanders, then it will be time to start thinking about benching him for awhile. Even with their line issues, the Jags are set up to have a HUGE day running the ball against the Colts.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:46 am

LJ best get it going this week.

I can't understand why Herm and Chan aren't riding him like a rented mule.

If he ends up being limited again any chance they may look to unload him for draft picks?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:47 am

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
LJ best get it going this week.

I can't understand why Herm and Chan aren't riding him like a rented mule.

If he ends up being limited again any chance they may look to unload him for draft picks? I'm not sure what the cap hit would be in light of the contract he signed last year. If it's not too bad then he could be dealt.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:49 am

Also, what's your take on the big NFC showdown this coming Sunday night?

Do you think GB can stay within 3 scores? Just Kidding, TK.

I like Dallas, of course, 41-31.

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:52 am

Let's hope so SNAKE!

I thought he should have gotten at least half of that last week for crying out loud.

I would not have thought 75+ and 1 TD was too much to ask for against OAK, but I was wrong.