I'll Chat Today At 2:30 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:35 am

Originally posted by Samlawyer:
Tom,

Michael Bush: fantasy gold dust or shrewd FA pickup? Shrewd pickup. No way Fargas stays healthy the entire year and given how the Raiders want to run the ball 555 times a game there will be carries for whoever is left.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:44 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Samlawyer:
Tom,

Michael Bush: fantasy gold dust or shrewd FA pickup? Shrewd pickup. No way Fargas stays healthy the entire year and given how the Raiders want to run the ball 555 times a game there will be carries for whoever is left.
[/QUOTE]There goes his price....up up and away! :D
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:59 am

Great job with all the questions everyone. Good luck to all of you this week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:58 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Tom, I've been bothering Greg about this for the last two weeks, so today I'll bother you.

Any update on basketball? Okay, here's the update on basketball: I plan on setting up our basketball schedule of events next week and will e-mail our past participants about our offerings along with our NFBC and NFFC members. I have been unable to find a back-end support system that can do an overall standings for basketball, but we do have a stat service that can do the league standings for us again. We may stick with that route and then do the overall standings once a week either through F+W employees or our NFBBC participants.

But the good news is that I am planning on creating an overall competition again with the same league prizes and this year an overall grand prize. If we add $50 to the entry fee and plan for 60 teams again, that would allow us to pay the overall champion an additional $3,000 or so. It's not a BIG grand prize, but it's a starting point and would get us the format we need to grow this each year. Drafts will be held online again in late October and the entry fee will be $650 per team, again with most of the additional $50 per team going to the overall grand prize and being paid to the grand champion.

I'm also interested in doing satellite leagues for basketball at $150 and $250 for folks who want to test their knowledge in basketball but want to do it at lesser entry levels. We'll do those a few days before the main event drafts and will run those on the same back-end system. Let me just figure this all out first and I promise to send out an e-mail about everything next week.

Thanks for pushing this. I'm all for growing basketball, too, as you know, but it's a little tougher than I expected. Stay tuned.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:01 am

Glenn is there a sport that 'You are not Good at'?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:02 am

Originally posted by RapTors:
is it possible to put together a hockey league??? You and Dyv need to put this together for me and let me plan this for 2009-10. I think if we can establish a fantasy basketball overall contest this year that may be the pre-cursor to what we can do with online drafts for hockey. But I'll admit that I know nothing about fantasy hockey and would need help setting this up. But why not for next year, right?

Is icing good or bad?? :D I know it's like bucket-hanging in basketball. They should allow that in hockey!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:35 pm

A Roger Staubach throw back jersey would be first on my list.Doomsday you can go for the Bob Lilly since you already have the Staubach.
Cant wait for the basketball we had a great ending for money spots last year and fell a half point short.Them damn assits are like steals in baseball.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!