I'll Be Chatting Today At 2 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:15 am

Bring your questions, comments, thoughts, trials and tribulations and I'll do my best to answer them or at least make up something that sounds good.

Be here at 2 p.m. ET and let's have the first of many chats as we gear up for the 2006 NFFC.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:27 am

I'll ask a question now in hopes that it gets answered later:

Who is the 2006 version of Clinton Portis? That is, which player do you have ranked higher than other "prognosticators" because you KNOW he is going to produce?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:23 am

Tom - here are a few

1) Where do you envision Peyton Manning being picked this year? (I think late second)

2) On average, how many teams per league do you think start their draft WR-WR?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:27 am

Tom - Will you be surprised with my return to dominance in the NFFC this year? Thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:03 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I'll ask a question now in hopes that it gets answered later:

Who is the 2006 version of Clinton Portis? That is, which player do you have ranked higher than other "prognosticators" because you KNOW he is going to produce? OK, I'll keep the chat in this thread and let's get rolling. To answer the question: I don't really have a Portis yet but I'm working on it. I will say -- and no this isn't a homer call -- but I think Brett Favre is going to be a sweet value. I don't think the Packers will be any good but I also don't think Favre will be as bad as he was last season. You can get him for a song as your QB2 right now and I think that's going to prove to be terrific value.

I will add, that I'm starting to get some more love for Willis McGahee and he could end up being my 2006 version of Portis. But don't hold me to that.

Yet.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:05 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Tom - here are a few

1) Where do you envision Peyton Manning being picked this year? (I think late second)

2) On average, how many teams per league do you think start their draft WR-WR? 1. Early to mid second. The horrible talent at RB this year could bump Manning up a bit. I think he goes late first round in some drafts this year too.

2. Very few. Even in a year like this one where the RB depth is putrid it's very hard in my opinion to win if you don't have at least one good RB in the first two rounds. Not impossible, but very difficult. I think a small percentage will try WR-WR but it's not a strategy I'd feel very comfortable with personally.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:06 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Tom - Will you be surprised with my return to dominance in the NFFC this year? Thanks. Nothing surprises me in the NFFC, Gordon. We have an outstanding group of participants so the surprise is when people don't do well.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:07 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
TK - so, Porter & Lelie end up where?...

...and now that Culpepper is reportedly healthy, where do you realistically see him moving up to in the QB rankings?...SNAKE If Culpepper really looks good, he moves up into the Top 10 and maybe the Top 5. I'd love to see Porter in Green Bay. I think one of them ends up in Philly or Chicago.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich