I'll Be Chatting Today At 2 PM ET

batoj

Post by batoj » Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:54 am

Just found out I got the 13th pick in our satellite league, any chance of getting a good RB here? What's the best way to approach picking here? If Peyton is there, I'd be tempted to take him. Do I take a RB no matter what or consider a top WR?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:00 am

Originally posted by Bato:
Just found out I got the 13th pick in our satellite league, any chance of getting a good RB here? What's the best way to approach picking here? If Peyton is there, I'd be tempted to take him. Do I take a RB no matter what or consider a top WR? It all depends on what the first 12 picks are. I think you'll get a good RB there but will you get a dominant one? That's where it gets tricky. I think at the back end of the first round giving strong consideration to RB-WR or WR-RB is definitely worth doing. If you really want Manning that's another option to consider as well. Bottom line is I wouldn't be married to RB-RB this year in any format.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:04 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Tom...do you ever draft defensively? Example: You'd rather start RB/RB selecting from the #5 hole in a 14 team draft. You get your preferred RB in round 1 and your targeted RB falls to you in round 2 as well. The problem: P.Manning has fallen along with your 2nd round target. Do you take your RB and hope slot #4 owner takes Manning or do you take Manning to ensure he doesn't slip to one of the "big 3" owners? This actually happened to me. Gates was also available so I took him - Manning slipped to team 3. How can anyone allow a team to start with LJ or LT or SA and Manning? :eek:

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:06 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Tom...do you ever draft defensively? Example: You'd rather start RB/RB selecting from the #5 hole in a 14 team draft. You get your preferred RB in round 1 and your targeted RB falls to you in round 2 as well. The problem: P.Manning has fallen along with your 2nd round target. Do you take your RB and hope slot #4 owner takes Manning or do you take Manning to ensure he doesn't slip to one of the "big 3" owners? I draft based on my own team needs. I don't worry about what other teams are doing too much to be honest. I'm not going to draft a player I like less than someone else merely to keep him away from another team. I'm going to draft the top-rated players on my board because I believe that's the best way to build a strong team.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:11 am

OK Tom thanks for the chat. I'm outta here.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:31 am

TOM,i see your not to big on julios jones this year , as you pointed out you would take bush over him.Both guys high risk , but high reward, i still see jj at the end of the season running for 194 yards and 2 td's againest the panthers D.
Im suprised at how many people are letting jj slide into the 3rd round.I guess preseason will tell alot too, if he plays well , he will move up.I guess my question , do you have interest in him , or do you move on.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:34 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
TOM,i see your not to big on julios jones this year , as you pointed out you would take bush over him.Both guys high risk , but high reward, i still see jj at the end of the season running for 194 yards and 2 td's againest the panthers D.
Im suprised at how many people are letting jj slide into the 3rd round.I guess preseason will tell alot too, if he plays well , he will move up.I guess my question , do you have interest in him , or do you move on. I'm a big fan of Jones' talent, Eddie, but Parcells clearly likes Barber a lot and that is a major red flag in my opinion. Plus Jones has yet to prove he can stay healthy for an entire season. Another red flag. If Jones fell to me as my RB3 I'd probably go for it but I think Barber's the guy with more value right now. He'll come cheaper and there's not much downside with him whereas there's a lot of downside with Jones.

[ July 26, 2006, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:56 pm

Tom i agree jj comes with some questions, but their wont be many leagues where he will be your 3rd running back, more like a 2 .He still hitting the middle of the 2nd round in most drafts.I do agree marion barber the 3rd could be a nice late pick.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:26 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Who is the 2006 version of Clinton Portis? That is, which player do you have ranked higher than other "prognosticators" because you KNOW he is going to produce? ronnie brown
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:28 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

1) Where do you envision Peyton Manning being picked this year? (I think late second)early to mid second. late second is a STEAL!

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
2) On average, how many teams per league do you think start their draft WR-WR? one. either team 13 or team 14

[ July 26, 2006, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?