Shut Up, Sit Down and Draft!! Looking For Volunteers

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:57 am

Thanks Tom. I felt okay with this team from the 5th but I lost a couple of players that I thought might drop .... what could have been.

QB: Peyton, Newton

RB; Ray Rice, Grant, Murray, Vereen, Carter, Alex Green, Ivory

WR: Wallace, Rice, Moore, Benn, Burress, Mccluster

TE: Finley, Graham

This is the first time I've ever take 2 TE's and and QB in the first 6 picks. It hurt at RB so I went fishing. We'll see.

Wayne

[ June 17, 2011, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Coltsfan ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:54 am

Originally posted by KyThunder:
If I'm wrong I apologize, but i can't remember a draft that went as smooth as this one did. I know we're playing for nothing, but I also know that everyone drafted as if it meant something. There still may be a few glitches in the system, but all-in-all, it was a pleasant experience tonight. Thanks to Greg and Tom for being there for us. Great time guys and thanks for the feedback. Billy's points are all noted and to the IT department already. The big draft board was there for baseball and will be there for football and we're adding sound to the draft room as well when IT'S YOUR TURN. I used the chat a lot last night, but I agree it does make it tougher when it's below "the fold". All good points and we'll look at everything, but for now things are definitely running smooth on the technical side.

This positive thread sure looks different from the opening one we had last year when we opened the draft room in August!!! :D We are WAAAAAAAAAY ahead of the game now and the online draft experience is sure to get better and better. I'm excited about the tools we have to work with now and we're all looking forward to the online draft season ahead. Thanks for kicking it off for us everyone this last week.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:01 am

I thought I had an OK draft. Nothing great. The 13th spot was a challenge. I was targeting Rodgers/Jennings but lost out on both. I also made one mistake in the fourth when I took Matt Ryan instead of Shonn Greene. There were three QBs I liked as starters and I should've taken Greene and then grabbed the QB on the way back. Instead, I took Ryan and Tom Yates took Greene and that left me with Benson (who I think is a decent RB2 but lacks Greene's upside). Oh well.

And in retrospect, I should've taken James Starks as my RB3 instead of taking my starting TE in Brandon Pettigrew. There are so many good TEs that I could've waited to get one and done better with my RB3.

Fun draft and everyone who took part did a great job. A Classic draft in two hours. That's what I like to see. Here's my team:

QB-Matt Ryan
QB-Matt Cassel

RB-Rashard Mendenhall
RB-Cedric Benson
RB-Beanie Wells
RB-Thomas Jones
RB-Willis McGahee
RB-Isaac Redman

WR-Reggie Wayne
WR-Mike Williams (TB)
WR-A.J. Green
WR-Donald Driver
WR-Jon Baldwin
WR-Randall Cobb

TE-Brandon Pettigrew
TE-Todd Heap

K-Stephen Gostkowski
D-Bears
D-Saints

[ June 17, 2011, 09:03 AM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:21 am

This was a fun draft.

From the 12 hole:

QB: Rodgers (1), Dalton (16), McNabb (17)
RB: Gore (2)/Hunter (12), Ingram (4), Reggie Bush (8), LT (10), Choice (14)(hope he finds a nice new home)
WR: DeSean Jackson (3), Steve Smith CAR for now (6), Branch (7), Julio Jones (9), Meachem (11), Murphy (15)
TE: Witten (5) and Olsen (13)
K: Gould (18)
Def: Oakland (19)

Taking a QB and TE in the first 5 does make you squirm a bit as you see others build depth at RB and WR. It left me thinner at WR than I care to be but the group of WRs available when Witten was on the board were fairly similar in potential.

The site is a good start. It is simple, easy to navigate and addresses some of the basic needs for the players. The site worked well for me in Chrome and using the HTML version. I did not switch and try the other but I will do that in the next draft to see the difference.

I look forward to seeing the draft room with the proposed changes.

[ June 17, 2011, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: Silver and Black ]
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:14 am

Most important - it was a really fun time with lots of friends and a chance to think about FF for two hours with no negatives - well other than Bennetti snaking a few players

As far as the draft room, I am mostly positive BUT there are some things to be fixed:
1) When someone else makes a pick it shifts the player list back to ALL - if you are trying to queue some RB you have to start all over....especially irritating because
2) The default list is based on last year's numbers not this year's projections so you may have to go to alpha and hunt for a particular player because
3) The search box for Player does NOT work (okay at least in the HTML version)

Still a fun draft - here is my squad from the 4 hole

QB - Ben Roethlisberger

RB - Adrian Peterson
RB - LeGarrette Blount
RB - Mike Tolbert
RB - Justin Forsett
RB - Jacquizz Rodgers
RB - Javon Ringer

WR - Jeremy Maclin
WR - Brandon Lloyd
WR - Johnny Knox
WR - Terrell Owens
WR - Anthony Armstrong
WR - Kevin Walter
WR - Jerricho Cotchery
WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE - Rob Gronkowski
TE - Ben Watson

K - Adam Vinatieri

DST - Detroit Lions

If TO finds a good landing spot I would expect this team to do very well......we shall see

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 am

The Flash version is what you want to use if possible. There is a button under the option to load the latest Flash software and I think it took 15 seconds to do that. All of the player rankings are on the Flash listing but I don't think they are for the HTML version. Right now if at all possible use the Flash version. By Aug. 1st both will be equally good, but to push this software out this early we really concentrated on the Flash version.

Thanks for all of the kind comments and yes it was a great time with a lot of great industry players.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:59 am

Okay, sorry for the delay today, but here are the first six rounds of results from last night's draft. Man, we had fun:

Round 1:
1. Arian Foster
2. Chris Johnson
3. Jamaal Charles
4. Adrian Peterson
5. Ray Rice
6. Andre Johnson
7. LeSean McCoy
8. Maurice Jones-Drew
9. Roddy White
10. Calvin Johnson
11. Hakeem Nicks
12. Aaron Rodgers
13. Rashard Mendenhall
14. Larry Fitzgerald

Round 2:
15. Greg Jennings
16. Reggie Wayne
17. Frank Gore
18. Michael Vick
19. Michael Turner
20. Darren McFadden
21. Matt Forte
22. Dwayne Bowe
23. Ryan Mathews
24. Mike Wallace
25. Jeremy Maclin
26. Miles Austin
27. Steven Jackson
28. Vincent Jackson

Round 3:
29. Marques Colston
30. Mike Williams
31. DeSean Jackson
32. Peyton Hillis
33. Drew Brees
34. Philip Rivers
35. Tom Brady
36. Wes Welker
37. Ahmad Bradshaw
38. Peyton Manning
39. LeGarrette Blount
40. Antonio Gates
41. Brandon Marshall
42. Tony Romo

Round 4:
43. Stevie Johnson
44. Kenny Britt
45. DeAngelo Williams
46. Brandon Lloyd
47. Jermichael Finley
48. Daniel Thomas
49. Austin Collie
50. Percy Harvin
51. Dez Bryant
52. Dallas Clark
53. Jonathan Stewart
54. Mark Ingram
55. Matt Ryan
56. Shonn Greene

Round 5:
57. Jahvid Best
58. Cedric Benson
59. Jason Witten
60. Pierre Garcon
61. Knowshon Moreno
62. Santonio Holmes
63. Steve Smith (NYG)
64. Matt Schaub
65. Anquan Boldin
66. Sidney Rice
67. Ben Roethlisberger
68. Felix Jones
69. Vernon Davis
70. Joseph Addai

Round 6:
71. Santana Moss
72. Owen Daniels
73. Mario Manningham
74. Johnny Knox
75. Jimmy Graham
76. Michael Crabtree
77. Marshawn Lynch
78. Mike Thomas
79. BenJarvus Green-Ellis
80. Fred Jackson
81. Mike Williams
82. Steve Smith (CAR)
83. A.J. Green
84. Mikel LeShoure

Thoughts?

[ June 17, 2011, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:23 am

One thought on Quarterbacks
As an experienced group there was not the first/second round rush for QBs and as expected (but not necessarily recommended) a large group off in round three (Brees, Rivers, Brady, and Peyton).

My plan was to wait even longer than I did, and while I don't usually target specific players, wanted either Schaub or Roethlisberger for pass heavy offenses with Week 11 Byes.

When Schaub went a few picks in front of me in round 5, I was conflicted - I could wait and always go to a later combo, but both Billy and Jules behind me had yet to draft a QB, so I drafted Big Ben who even has upside as QB9 off the board.

Aside from those who might have intentionally drafted a QBBC, some of you will have to explain to this cantankerous, old vet why you are rostering so many quarterbacks? It is not a DC or best ball league.......

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:34 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:

Aside from those who might have intentionally drafted a QBBC, some of you will have to explain to this cantankerous, old vet why you are rostering so many quarterbacks? It is not a DC or best ball league....... Since I took 4 QB's, I will chime in here.

After taking Stafford, I wanted another QB. I should of probably took Flacco in round 10, and been done with it, but I passed, and that is when all the backups started going.

I ended up with Garrard, and since I have done little to no research on bye weeks, etc. I quickly realized he had the same bye as Stafford.

I then took Jason Campbell. Certainly not great, but serviceable for a week.

And being that I had Stafford, I think Shaun Hill is a necessary evil due to Stafford being a bit fragile.

So that is my reasoning, but could honestly seeing myself cutting Campbell and Garrard after week 6, and just going with the Detroit QB's for the remainder of the season.

[ June 17, 2011, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:41 am

I almost took a third QB with my final pick because there wasn't a single RB, WR or TE left who I thought had any value. I took Randall Cobb who I expect to do nothing of significance for fantasy owners this season. But I came close to taking a third QB mainly because I thought the talent at the other positions was so poor at that point.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich