Shut Up, Sit Down and Draft!! Looking For Volunteers

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:43 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I almost took a third QB with my final pick because there wasn't a single RB, WR or TE left who I thought had any value. I took Randall Cobb who I expect to do nothing of significance for fantasy owners this season. But I came close to taking a third QB mainly because I thought the talent at the other positions was so poor at that point. Not to nitpick Tom, but
1) you took Cobb in round 18 - in round 19 you took the Nawlins DST
2) and since you already had Ryan and Cassel, I am not sure you needed a third quarterback (especially one who won't play like Palmer)....but
3) all of these were taken after your last pick and I think are worthy of being rostered in deep competitive leagues like this - they may turn out to be worthless by the time we get to September but then you have an easy cut in Week 1
Jason Avant
Correll Buckhalter
Donnie Avery
Brian Robiskie
Lex Hilliard (maybe Ken)
DHB (flier material for sure)
Golden Tate
[/QUOTE]I meant to say that Cobb was the last position player I took, Perry. I agree with you that I didn't need a third QB but I thought all of the remaining talent at RB/WR/TE was Waiver Wire fodder so that's why I thought of gambling on a third QB. I like what Greg did in taking Palmer. It may not pan out, but if it does he has kept a decent starting QB off another roster at the very least. All I did was take Waiver Wire fodder who almost certainly would be my first drop when I made a free-agent move. It was a wasted pick. I knew it at the time but still made it anyway.

My approach is I don't want to take someone I know I'm going to cut unless he has legitimate upside. I didn't see anyone left on the board who met that criteria. Cobb certainly doesn't since the best he'll be next season is a No. 4 WR for the Packers (which has little fantasy value) or a No. 5 (which has none). I took him anyway and you can expect to see him pop up on the Waiver Wire early next season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:44 am

Seeing Manningham, Knox and Mike Thomas go off the board in the sixth was crushing. I really wanted Manningham but I thought for sure I'd at least get Thomas.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:31 am

Greg,

Are we having playoffs for this league? If I remember right we were playing for some "undisclosed" prize. I"m only asking because of my lucky Cam Newton pick in the 18th to "backup" Peyton Manning.

Wayne

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:25 am

I see the teams are not set for the playoffs so I assume it's not being played out????

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:52 am

That's correct Wayne. This was just a test league so we're shutting it down now that the regular season is over.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich