FAAB: D.Ward $995

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Gordon Gekko
Member # 5

posted September 14, 2007 09:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by FI$HER:
I thought it was pretty obvious Jacobs would get hurt this year, just not in game one. Derrick Ward appears to be a much better fit to the Giants offense than Jacobs upright power style. He's a young, strong fast back with great hands and vision and no miles. This guy is hungry and will make the most of his oppurtunity. If he proves his worth whichc Im betting that he will, even when JAcobs returns Ward will have a bg role in the offense.

what i saw out of ward was a decent rb going up against a college level defense.

...SNAKEsense, which is keen, seethes Ward as somewhere between Fi$her & GG's assessments here...SNAKE C'mon Snake...use the "Quote" button!

(Or is that just another way you like to separate yourself from the gouls?)

Unbearable to make the effort to de-code your drag and copy-paste quotes.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by Dabigu:
Randel El went for $901 in Chicago 6 Whatta Bargain! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wayne
[/QUOTE]WOW...rookie. :rolleyes:
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:55 pm

To the team that spent their whole nut on Randel El...I applaud you for having the cojones to stake $1300 on the guy you feel will help your team the most. If he works out, you'll look like a CHAMP...If it doesn't the boards may mock you a bit, but it's your money...Good Luck. BALLZY!

I personally think Randel El is a WR that if a defense doesn't give respect to, will have a monster game. BUT if a defense pays just enough attention to him, he becomes a non-factor...Last week, it's been out in the open that Randel El was running all the routes that S. Moss always ran. Is that saying S. Moss is a bit hurt? Is it saying that they want Randel El more in the game plan? $901 in Chicago, League 6 is waiting to find out...lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Historically, the top producing FA's come very early in the season. Ward has that potential.

Sometimes you gotta just lay your balls on the table.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:16 pm

Mine are on the table then!

$757 I spent in Tampa 1.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:18 pm

$707 in LV3 - Balls in place.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:20 pm

Ward went for 552 in Chicago 3 to the Jacobs owner
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:42 pm

You guys must think he's the next Terrel Davis!

He's a 7th round draft pick that's done jack in the NFL since being drafted back in 2004.

He had a nice looking game as a surprise starter that most likely DAL had no real need to worry about...being that Burress, Shockey, and gang were more than enough to focus on defending with a lead, and no pressure to stop NYG, when they (DAL)scored every possesion it seemed.

It's not like Jacobs was carted off the field, and Ward led a comeback.

It's like the squeued stats of a WR the DEF gives 14 yards for free to, on a 3rd and 18...or when a RB gets 17 yards on a draw play in a desperate 3rd down passing scenario...so they can punt and play the battle of field position.

We'll see how worthy he is of your valuable free agent dollars by Sunday. Dream away!

~Lance

~Long John Silver