FAAB: D.Ward $995

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:50 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
You guys must think he's the next Terrel Davis!

He's a 7th round draft pick that's done jack in the NFL since being drafted back in 2004.

~Lance -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...hey SBM...wasn't Colston also a 7th round draft pick?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]If this was 2004 (The year he was drafted)...I could relate.

Nice job on the quotes!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:50 pm

And for those of you who are wondering why Ward did not play last year.........

The guy had a unfortunate slip and fall walking to a team meeting in his cleats breaking a bone in his foot I believe. You know how slippery those cleats can be when you are walking on linoleum flooring.
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:31 pm

I will predict that none of the teams that spent $900+ on Ward or Randle El will be in the Championship bracket

RI WORKHORSE

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:36 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
I will predict that none of the teams that spent $900+ on Ward or Randle El will be in the Championship bracket Perry,

Right on. I wouldn't say all but most will be hurting over the Ward pick up. Randel El??? Come on. You shouldn't even be playing Fantasy football picking up That bum for more then $25 bucks tops.

Go Droughns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I.W
Johnny Frisella

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:47 pm

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Other than FI$HER, I will predict that none of the teams that spent $900+ on Ward or Randle El will be in the Championship bracket Fixed it for you Perry ;)

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:50 pm

Ward for 931 in LV2, of course my week 2 opponent so let's hope he sucks for this week for sure.

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:51 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
You guys must think he's the next Terrel Davis!

He's a 7th round draft pick that's done jack in the NFL since being drafted back in 2004.

He had a nice looking game as a surprise starter that most likely DAL had no real need to worry about...being that Burress, Shockey, and gang were more than enough to focus on defending with a lead, and no pressure to stop NYG, when they (DAL)scored every possesion it seemed.

It's not like Jacobs was carted off the field, and Ward led a comeback.

It's like the squeued stats of a WR the DEF gives 14 yards for free to, on a 3rd and 18...or when a RB gets 17 yards on a draw play in a desperate 3rd down passing scenario...so they can punt and play the battle of field position.

We'll see how worthy he is of your valuable free agent dollars by Sunday. Dream away!

~Lance I seriously doubt he is the next T. Davis, but in our particular situation we thought it was worth a shot at $707 in LV3 for the following reasons.

1. We thought Jacobs was a bust coming into the season. We were concerned about injuries due to his running style and he just doesn't seem like an every down back. We have 25 teams and do not have a single B. Jacobs.

2. Our team is solid except for our 2nd RB position.
QB. Kitna, Shaub
RB1. Henry
WR. Harrison. A. Johnson, L. Coles, W. Welker, D. Williams
DEF. Packers
K. J. Brown
TE. B. Scaife

RB's - T. Bell, A. Peterson(chi), Turner, M. Robinson

We need to figure something out for our 2nd RB situation so we took a shot on Ward and picked up Musa Smith. This gives us two more scenarios that could work out.

3. When we do not have multiple line-up concerns we view the FAAB more as a mulligan than weekly maintenance costs. We still have more than enough money to find a replacement kicker and defense on the bye weeks.

4. Last year we convinced ourselves that we needed to save our money and we missed on Cotchery, Berrian, Colston, and Furrey.

5. It hurts the Jacobs owner and weakens one or our opponents.

6. If he is a bust then we will only be hurt if there is another RB that emerges throughout the season. This is certainly a possibility, but he is already on our roster.

7. Simply not afraid to be wrong.

[ September 14, 2007, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Big MO ]
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:51 pm

BigMo with potentionally the best pick up of Deshawn Wynn for a measily $75, nice pick up.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:53 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:
BigMo with potentionally the best pick up of Deshawn Wynn for a measily $75, nice pick up. Who the heck is Deshawn Wynn? Steve's kid ?