wayne123

FAAB: D.Ward $995

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:30 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
Blue Foot...hard to understand what the heck your post means? lol

give us guys with 3rd grade reading comprehension skills the 2nd grade version of your last post

:D Player A (the number one WR) is dropped by Team 1.

Team 2 doesn't spend any FA dollars.

Team 2 selects Player A the following week for more than anyone else can afford.

Does that make it clear?
[/QUOTE]That is 7th grade.....kick it down about 5 grades ......you can use colors, shapes, numbers, names, objects, simple math, etc and I probably would understand :D
[/QUOTE]I have lots of shapes and lots of colors already. I just need one more color and I would really, really be happy. My buddy gives me another color. I am so happy that I share my prize for having the best shapes and colors with him.

How is that?
[/QUOTE]LOL! Ha! That was good! But seriously...hopefully this was just a mistake and Steve Smith will be blocked from the FA pool. Of all teams, mine needs a WR the most, but this would be wrong to pick Sith up (even if I could). But, that being said...the owner must not be allowed to place him back into his line-up either. This is a game! A fumble is a fumble! The player should be blocked to protect the rest of the 364 teams, but the blunder must stand!!!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:32 pm

This is a classic right up there with Lou not drafting a defense in a DC league!
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:34 pm

I would guess that Greg will see it as an honest mistake and will return S. Smith (CAR) to its rightful owner and the Fog will have to drop someone else instead. I have no problem with that scenario. If the Pimpin T vouches for this team owner, then that speaks volumes!
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:37 pm

I got Ward for $571 in main League and in $1,300 Auction. He will not be in my starting line-up in either league this week, but I like what I saw from, him and would not be surprised if he turns out to be the main guy in NY even after Jacobs comes back.

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:38 pm

Yeah, Greg will fix it, but Rich will have to take his lumps on the board. Would have been a lot easier to understand if he had the other Steve Smith on his roster.

I have no doubt that this was an honest mistake, but Rich needs a good razzing for this one.

It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:38 pm

Originally posted by FI$HER:
I would guess that Greg will see it as an honest mistake and will return S. Smith (CAR) to its rightful owner and the Fog will have to drop someone else instead. I have no problem with that scenario. If the Pimpin T vouches for this team owner, then that speaks volumes! No way! A mistake is a mistake. Plus, we don't know why it was done in the first place. When a newby makes an error...we laugh at them. When a vet makes an error you are suggesting that we should give him the benefit of the doubt. No....this was a blunder. And, like any sport you must pay for your mistakes. This is just like accidently tossing the winning hand in a game of poker. Would you say that a good player should get a do-over if they pitched the winning hand by mistake. This is a game! Damnit! Mistakes are made...sometimes they determine who wins and who loses!!!!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:49 pm

I would guess he was looking to drop RB Jason Snelling....he would be the player right under S Smith (alphabetically) on the drop down list.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:58 pm

Who knows....but what is done is done. Truth be known, I accidently bid 7 on Quinn when I meant to bid 2. I also made a couple of obvious mistakes during the draft itself. Do I get to take these back? I am sorry. If Smith is restored to my opponents roster (after he dropped him under stramge circumstances) then the season in LV2 (and by extention the NFFC) is a farce. I understand the need to block Smith from being picked up by a team who just needs a WR like mine (obviously that could ruin the entire event)...but I would never understand him being placed back onto a roster from which he was dropped. The only player hurt by this mistake if Smith is blocked is the player that dropped him. The rest of the competitive nature of the NFFC is preserved. Unless a buch of other errors are found...this was NOT a computer or stats issue....this was something else.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:02 pm

Blue, When I click on the overall from the home page and see the Desert Fog team by clicking it (he is ranked around 130's)...I see S. Smith is on his team right now ?

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:03 pm

I certainly hope Steve Smith (CAR) is allowed back on Desert Fog. It certainly is a tough situation and a tough call for Greg. But I gotta believe it was a BIG mistake. Without Steve Smith on his roster, I would say Dunn is done. Hell of a way to end your fantasy season before it starts.

Also, I think it would take away from the legitamacy of LV2 to have his team crippled like that. I for one want to know I went against every team at full strength (to the best of their ability).
@RedRyder