FAAB: D.Ward $995

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:13 pm

Originally posted by RedRyder:
I certainly hope Steve Smith (CAR) is allowed back on Desert Fog. It certainly is a tough situation and a tough call for Greg. But I gotta believe it was a BIG mistake. Without Steve Smith on his roster, I would say Dunn is done. Hell of a way to end your fantasy season before it starts.

Also, I think it would take away from the legitamacy of LV2 to have his team crippled like that. I for one want to know I went against every team at full strength (to the best of their ability). This is really fishy! I'm not letting this one go either! If the NFFC lets this happen (Smith returned), I will consider the league a "Good O'Le Boys" Vegas Scam. My next 1300 dollars will go to a lawyer!!!!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:14 pm

Originally posted by FI$HER:
Blue, When I click on the overall from the home page and see the Desert Fog team by clicking it (he is ranked around 130's)...I see S. Smith is on his team right now ? When you go to our league's roster grid it shows no Steve Smith. But when you click on Desert Fog, he is there...weird.
@RedRyder

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:18 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
I certainly hope Steve Smith (CAR) is allowed back on Desert Fog. It certainly is a tough situation and a tough call for Greg. But I gotta believe it was a BIG mistake. Without Steve Smith on his roster, I would say Dunn is done. Hell of a way to end your fantasy season before it starts.

Also, I think it would take away from the legitamacy of LV2 to have his team crippled like that. I for one want to know I went against every team at full strength (to the best of their ability). This is really fishy! I'm not letting this one go either! If the NFFC lets this happen (Smith returned), I will consider the league a "Good O'Le Boys" Vegas Scam. My next 1300 dollars will go to a lawyer!!!!
[/QUOTE]Their is a no-drop player list in NFFC. As far as getting a lawyer, either you are over reacting or you are smoking Mystery The Cats private stash of Cat Nip
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:19 pm

quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
Blue, When I click on the overall from the home page and see the Desert Fog team by clicking it (he is ranked around 130's)...I see S. Smith is on his team right now ? When you go to our league's roster grid it shows no Steve Smith. But when you click on Desert Fog, he is there...weird. [/QUOTE]That is because it shows the previous week's line-up for all the teams...I just checked them. The players I dropped are also there when I look at my own team from outside. No, this was not a computer or stats issue. This was a mistake. The debate is what to do with a mistake like this one.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:20 pm

Blue, When I click on the overall from the home page and see the Desert Fog team by clicking it (he is ranked around 130's)...I see S. Smith is on his team right now ? When you go to our league's roster grid it shows no Steve Smith. But when you click on Desert Fog, he is there...weird. [/QUOTE]Jules, click on Live Scoring, and then click on Desert Fogs team name....Is S Smith there?

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:23 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:

[/QUOTE]One of the things I really love most about the NFFC is our sense of family. At least it feels like a family for me. And we all know that members of our family make mistakes. Mistakes are not intentional and until I hear otherwise I gotta believe Rich made a mistake.

Wayne, I have to admit reading your post above, especially the "Good Ole Boys Vegas Scam" and threat to retain an attorney was quite disappointing and disheartening. I can understand your position of Steve Smith not be let back onto his roster, but your remarks seem way off base. The NFFC is a class event and a fairly run event (no matter what way they decide on this).
@RedRyder

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:24 pm

quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:

[/QUOTE]Their is a no-drop player list in NFFC. As far as getting a lawyer, either you are over reacting or you are smoking Mystery The Cats private stash of Cat Nip
[/QUOTE]What the heck are you talking about? It lists all the players who were dropped in the league history. Plus the player shows on the league FA lists. What is your motivation in defending a mistake in a competitive league? Are we competing or is there a group who is a team against the others? I am not over reacting....I am just being brutally honest about the way I feel about this. Lets try hard to keep the debate from decaying into name calling and such. I respect your right to have the opinion that you do...but please understand that I have a much different view of this situation.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:25 pm

Blue, When I click on the overall from the home page and see the Desert Fog team by clicking it (he is ranked around 130's)...I see S. Smith is on his team right now ? When you go to our league's roster grid it shows no Steve Smith. But when you click on Desert Fog, he is there...weird. [/QUOTE]Jules, click on Live Scoring, and then click on Desert Fogs team name....Is S Smith there?
[/QUOTE]Nope, the new #1 in KC Samie Parker took his place.
@RedRyder

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:34 pm

quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:

[/QUOTE]One of the things I really love most about the NFFC is our sense of family. At least it feels like a family for me. And we all know that members of our family make mistakes. Mistakes are not intentional and until I hear otherwise I gotta believe Rich made a mistake.

Wayne, I have to admit reading your post above, especially the "Good Ole Boys Vegas Scam" and threat to retain an attorney was quite disappointing and disheartening. I can understand your position of Steve Smith not be let back onto his roster, but your remarks seem way off base. The NFFC is a class event and a fairly run event (no matter what way they decide on this).
[/QUOTE]I am standing firm on this one. We may have to disagree. This is a major issue for me that goes to the integrity of the league itself. I have had the opportunity to meet many of you and I like each of you very much...you can even consider me a distant cousin of "the family". But, retracting a mistake in a competitive game where ever move is supposed to be important....is hard for me to tolorate. I am skeptical. I am sorry, but I am! From all I know about him, Greg is a honorable person. I know that he tries hard to do what is right and will in this case. But, giving the player back to a top owner who made a mistake is not the right thing to do. It violates the basic rules of the game.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:41 pm

13. Trades between managers: To minimize the possibility of collusion, there will be no trading allowed. All drops are also subject to review by the commissioner of the NFFC and can be revoked if the dropped player is deemed too valuable to be offered to that league's free agent pool, thus damaging the credibility of the overall contest. In the case of a "star" player being dropped in a league for a valid reason, the NFFC commissioner does reserve the right to allow the cut but keep the player out of that league's free agent listing for any length of time, possibly the entire season. All decisions by the NFFC commissioner will be final.