FAAB: D.Ward $995

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:46 pm

Originally posted by FI$HER:
13. Trades between managers: To minimize the possibility of collusion, there will be no trading allowed. All drops are also subject to review by the commissioner of the NFFC and can be revoked if the dropped player is deemed too valuable to be offered to that league's free agent pool, thus damaging the credibility of the overall contest. In the case of a "star" player being dropped in a league for a valid reason, the NFFC commissioner does reserve the right to allow the cut but keep the player out of that league's free agent listing for any length of time, possibly the entire season. All decisions by the NFFC commissioner will be final. Correct! And, thank you! I was about to post that myself. Nowhere does it say that the commissioner reserves the right to return the player. he only reserves the right to keep the player out of the FA pool for a period of time he deems fit. That way, if someone does try to cheat, the other 362 are protected. The player is not just returned! Thank you for being reasonable about this Fisher!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:49 pm

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by RedRyder:
I certainly hope Steve Smith (CAR) is allowed back on Desert Fog. It certainly is a tough situation and a tough call for Greg. But I gotta believe it was a BIG mistake. Without Steve Smith on his roster, I would say Dunn is done. Hell of a way to end your fantasy season before it starts.

Also, I think it would take away from the legitamacy of LV2 to have his team crippled like that. I for one want to know I went against every team at full strength (to the best of their ability). This is really fishy! I'm not letting this one go either! If the NFFC lets this happen (Smith returned), I will consider the league a "Good O'Le Boys" Vegas Scam. My next 1300 dollars will go to a lawyer!!!!
[/QUOTE]Their is a no-drop player list in NFFC. As far as getting a lawyer, either you are over reacting or you are smoking Mystery The Cats private stash of Cat Nip
[/QUOTE]What the heck are you talking about? It lists all the players who were dropped in the league history. Plus the player shows on the league FA lists. What is your motivation in defending a mistake in a competitive league? Are we competing or is there a group who is a team against the others? I am not over reacting....I am just being brutally honest about the way I feel about this. Lets try hard to keep the debate from decaying into name calling and such. I respect your right to have the opinion that you do...but please understand that I have a much different view of this situation.
[/QUOTE]My motivation is that I can see clearly that this was a mistake, either human or computer, and either one does not make a difference to me in regard to the way this situation will be handled by NFFC. Fairly, I think that S Smith will go right back to his rightful owner (Desert Fog).
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:53 pm

13. Trades between managers: To minimize the possibility of collusion, there will be no trading allowed. All drops are also subject to review by the commissioner of the NFFC and can be revoked if the dropped player is deemed too valuable to be offered to that league's free agent pool, thus damaging the credibility of the overall contest. In the case of a "star" player being dropped in a league for a valid reason, the NFFC commissioner does reserve the right to allow the cut but keep the player out of that league's free agent listing for any length of time, possibly the entire season. All decisions by the NFFC commissioner will be final. Correct! And, thank you! I was about to post that myself. Nowhere does it say that the commissioner reserves the right to return the player. he only reserves the right to keep the player out of the FA pool for a period of time he deems fit. That way, if someone does try to cheat, the other 362 are protected. The player is not just returned! Thank you for being reasonable about this Fisher! [/QUOTE]All drops are also subject to review by the commissioner of the NFFC and can be revoked if the dropped player is deemed too valuable to be offered to that league's free agent pool, thus damaging the credibility of the overall contest.

I am willing to guarantee that the S. Smith drop will be revoked, regardless if its human or computer error. And as I previously mentioned, I support that decision 100% if and when Greg decides.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:53 pm

13. Trades between managers: To minimize the possibility of collusion, there will be no trading allowed. All drops are also subject to review by the commissioner of the NFFC and can be revoked if the dropped player is deemed too valuable to be offered to that league's free agent pool, thus damaging the credibility of the overall contest. In the case of a "star" player being dropped in a league for a valid reason, the NFFC commissioner does reserve the right to allow the cut but keep the player out of that league's free agent listing for any length of time, possibly the entire season. All decisions by the NFFC commissioner will be final. Correct! And, thank you! I was about to post that myself. Nowhere does it say that the commissioner reserves the right to return the player. he only reserves the right to keep the player out of the FA pool for a period of time he deems fit. That way, if someone does try to cheat, the other 362 are protected. The player is not just returned! Thank you for being reasonable about this Fisher! [/QUOTE]I think we all agree that this is definately the case of a "star" player. It is also important to note that this is placed under the same paragraph as trades and the need to prevent collusion. Dropping "star" players results in the need to block that player because it could be an attempt at collusion. Giving the player back would still allow for a slight advantage as the other players in the league drain their funds. In particular, when a "star" player is dropped, the commish must hold him out of the FA pool to retain the integrity of the contest. This is a well written rule that serves a definate purpose. It is clear. The court would only need to determine that Steve Smith was a "star" player to uphold my complaint should the player be returned.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:06 pm

It is silly to argue at this hour what the ruling on this will be.....but I am willing to bet it is revoked. As you mentioned, we both are entitled to our own opinions, and obviously you know what mine is......whatever Greg deems fair, is 1000% fair to me.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:53 pm

bluefoot -- "revoked", per the rules, would mean voided, as in player returned to the original team - as it should be ---- if you don't want to win honestly, go play somewhere else. Smith should be put back on Desert Fog's roster.

JAHNS5

Post by JAHNS5 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:48 am

STEVE SMITH SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE FREE AGENT POOL, NOT PUT BACK ON HIS TEAM. IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT TO PUT A CLAIM IN FOR A PLAYER AND THE PLAYER YOU WANT TO DROP. WITH THE AMOUNT OF $$$$$ WE ARE SPENDING TO PLAY THIS GAME, THE OWNER "SHOULD" BE RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO VERIFY HIS INTENTIONS. OBVIOUSLY IN THIS CASE THE OWNER FAILED TO VERIFY HIS ACTIONS. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, STEVE SMITH/CAROLINA WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE FREE AGENT POOL.

JAHNS5

Post by JAHNS5 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:50 am

I REALLY DON'T BELIEVE A MULLIGAN WOULD BE ACCEPTABLE IN THIS CASE.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:08 am

For the record: Rich Dunn contacted me via e-mail last night after the transactions were run to state that he had cut Chris Henry and not Steve Smith. We'll certainly look into whether there was a system error or not, but he was adamant that he did not cut Steve Smith. This is being corrected right now and Smith is being placed back on his team. I was under the weather last night and did not see his e-mail until this morning.

This is certainly not the first time a cut has been reversed in the NFBC or NFFC as mistakes have been made in the past as well and owners have contacted us immediately. He got the player he wanted in FAAB and somehow the wrong player was taken from his roster. He alerted me of the mixup immediately when the cuts were announced and told me the right player to cut. We will make the move this morning.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:09 am

On S.Smith, I'm in the computer field.
I laugh when people say computer error.
It's one thing and one thing only.
HUMAN error. Now how Greg sees this thru will be interesting. :D
Now back to Ward.