My Christmas Wishlist

Coltsfan

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:19 am

I'm making a list of improvements for the NFFC Software for 2011. This is just what i would like to see and this is NOT a thread for bashing anyone for what was or wasn't done in 2010. It's just things I would love to see for next year.

1. Live scoring for the playoffs and overall rankings.

2. Scores updated in real time for the DC events.

3. Change the waiver wire so that it defaults to the player who was previously dropped when you are making a list.

4. This may be a reach but I would love to see a live scoring page for all of our teams as opposed to live scoring per league that we are in. I'm in over 10 leagues this year and you can't begin to watch all of them.

5. This may already be there, but have a listing of all of the main event leagues so that we can visit the other league pages and see what is happening.

6. Historical information for the different NFFC contestants.

7. Have the ability to set lineups right after waivers instead of having to wait an hour.

8. Ipad/Iphone APP!!!

9. Historical player information from prior years.

Any other thoughts? We have some really nice software that I believe with a little bit of tweaking can be the best in the industry.

Wayne

GOD Hates You

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by GOD Hates You » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:32 am

3. Change the waiver wire so that it defaults to the player who was previously dropped when you are making a list.

Also change the bid amount default to 1 instead of 0.

Quahogs

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by Quahogs » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:40 am

The ability to sort the free agent list by scoring periods - the way STATS had it set up

Greg Ambrosius

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:04 am

Wayne, you can see all leagues by clicking on the Overall Standings and then just click on any of the league links. I do that each Tuesday morning to get data from all leagues in each event.

Real-time overall standings for all of our contests in 2011 will be at the top of my wish list too. We made a similar list like this for baseball and we have about a dozen tweaks to the software that is being worked on this off-season. We can do the same thing here.

Good start to the list and I think most if not all of what you are asking for is possible for 2011. Keep 'em coming and I'll compile a list for the IT department to work on. Things that we improve here need are things we'll add to the Fanball commissioner product so that tens of thousands of players can enjoy the new enhancements.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:06 am

We do have all of the historical data, but unfortunately it hasn't been loaded in one spot yet. I agree, I really want that too because I can't find that valuable information now myself. We will get that on the site at some time, I promise. Sorry for the delay. That transfer has been painful, but necessary.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:08 am

We do wait an hour to open Set Lineups in baseball too and I talked with the IT department about this last month. They feel it's needed to double-check everything before people set their lineups and lock in their starters for the weekend. This one hour delay will likely stay in 2011. Sorry.

pizzatyme

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:16 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:

8. Ipad/Iphone APP!!!

Wayne Good list Wayne! Above are at the top of my wish list. Especially #2!!!

I forsee playing more DCs in the future due to time restraints.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BLACKHAND

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:36 am

that would be real nice.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Dyv

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by Dyv » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:31 pm

I'd like the ability to click on week 14, week 15 or week 16 so I can better break down my matchups and even start toying with setting my lineup in a previous (current) week. Right now I can't even see the upcoming Thursday games until Tuesday morning so I have to maintain my own spreadsheet of the future weeks.
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Sandman62

My Christmas Wishlist

Post by Sandman62 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:42 pm

A spreadsheet does have the benefit of giving a birds-eye view of your roster for several weeks into the future. In mine, I even download the weekly defense ranks for passing and rushing. Then under each player's matchup, it shows the defensive rank. For us, it's an invaluable tool.

But I agree with being able to go forward and set future lineups. We used to be able to that last year, I thought?