FAAB: D.Ward $995

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:00 am

Originally posted by Blue_Foot:
quote:Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by UFS:
Well said Riff.

I'm glad Greg is putting S.Smith back on your roster.

Human error will occur occasionally and being able to correct it is the right thing to do.

Someone mentioned there are many BF's that would leave. I think there are more of us that would leave if the decisions weren't based on common sense. I'd just like one question answered. When is human error correctable and when is it allowed to stand as part of the game? Take Riff out of this before you answer.

This incident also points out the need for a definitive rule as Rob pointed out. Click it - stick it. And confirmation emails would be nice.

As to Blue Foot's claims of impropriety, ridiculous. I'm certainly not part of the Chum Club (anti-Chum, if you will) and I think he owes everyone that he insulted an apology. A real one, not one because he's through arguing.

In any event, whatever Greg decides is fine by me, let's just get this tightened up more so it doesn't cause an uproar again. My opinion is reverse the whole claim. If you are going to put Smith back, don't allow the pickup at all.

As to Ward for $921, I'm hoping I got a better deal for my $1 spent on Bradshaw.
[/QUOTE]No apology will be offered NOR is any deserved!!!!

There is little doubt in my mind what happened here...the attempt at gaining a competitive advantage (I am stopping short of using the other word) was thwarted!

I am sorry that this has debate was required. I am not sorry that it occured. I stand by my observations of what has occured. It is my opinion. I respect that it may be wrong. But, I have seen nothing that changes my opinion on this matter. To me it was very obvious.

I also feel that it is a dead issue. Lets move on!
[/QUOTE]Wayne, I honestly didn't read this post before I made mine after this. I hadn't gotten this far yet. Again, I believe you have gone from taking this fight towards my decision now towards your LV2 leaguemates. You should stick to fighting my decision. LV2 was one of the leagues with the most NFFC veterans and to think they are all colluding against you is a serious and foolish accusation. Those are some of the most competitive folks we have in our high-stakes business. Again, you should turn your attention towards my commissioner abilities, not the morals of your league mates.

This post certainly painted the picture clearer for me.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:02 am

What's $5000 divided by 12 again? Damn I should have figured my ROI on this deal sooner, hey LV2 mates, I am out or is too late???
Sorry just had to....

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:03 am

This will be my one and only comment on this. Blue Foot, you are a dandy!! I am going to make sure that I find out who you are at future events so that I can avoid you like the plague. I am not "friends" with anybody in this league, but there is no way in hell that there was any attempt at collusion. I do not believe dropping a Superstar that was picked #1 for WR in many leagues could ever be done on purpose. If the commissioner decided to not give him back, I could live with that too, but to say the things you are saying on this site is pure insanity. My guess is that you do not have one friend in this world and that this is never going to change.

I wish you the worst of luck for the year. Hopefully Karma kicks your ass!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:04 am

Originally posted by Hard heads:
" In the case of a "star" player being dropped in a league for a valid reason,the NFFC commissioner does reserve the right to allow the cut but keep the player out of that league's free agent listing for any length of time, possibly the entire season."

He wasn't dropped for a valid reason. This does not apply.

UFS, while I agree Greg did the right thing, I do disagree with your simple interpretation of what happened according to the rules. Something should be written about this case and clearly stated is all I am saying. I think so same sentiments have been requested in previous posts and isn't too much to ask. Clear up as much gray area as possible to prevent the Blue Foot's of the world from ruining it for the rest of us. Craig, I will say one thing: Last year we had some unique rules interpretations and in fact we've had some this year in baseball too. Everyone tells me to tighten the rules each year to avoid anything that happened the previous year. I try to do that every year that I write the rules. I don't remember anyone ever telling me to get ready for when someone cuts Steve Smith in Week 1!! But like UFS said accurately, our rules do give me some leeway to make the right decision. In this case, after Rich had e-mailed me immediately and before any league was affected by anything involving this transaction, I had no trouble doing what I felt was the right move in the best interests of the competition.

In baseball, guys have helped me write new position eligibility rules to avoid any problems in the future we experienced in 2007. I invite you to write the "Rich Dunn Rule" so that I can add that to the 2008 NFFC Rules.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:07 am

" In the case of a "star" player being dropped in a league for a valid reason,the NFFC commissioner does reserve the right to allow the cut but keep the player out of that league's free agent listing for any length of time, possibly the entire season."

He wasn't dropped for a valid reason. This does not apply.

UFS, while I agree Greg did the right thing, I do disagree with your simple interpretation of what happened according to the rules. Something should be written about this case and clearly stated is all I am saying. I think so same sentiments have been requested in previous posts and isn't too much to ask. Clear up as much gray area as possible to prevent the Blue Foot's of the world from ruining it for the rest of us. I strongly disagree.

What is written in the rules DID NOT APPLY. So that means that phrase is eliminated from consideration IN THIS CASE.

That leaves the other two phrases...

"ALL DROPS" and "ALL DECISIONS"

Done deal.

You can not list every nuance or problem that comes up in the rules. No one would ever play. There are dozens and dozens of rulings that need to be made very year and the Commish needs this leeway, because as soon as you start defining these nuances, it will come back to bite the NFFC in the ass, as nothing can cover it all except for "ALL DROPS", and "ALL DECISIONS"

Take that away from the commish and chaos would rule everyday.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:08 am

I invite you to write the "Rich Dunn Rule" so that I can add that to the 2008 NFFC Rules.

How about when an owner spends too much time with the bottle and inadvertantly drops his first round pick after a devastating week 1 loss, he/she will be allowed to have that player back so long as they pass the Blue Foot lie detector test and pass.

Next year can we hold our draft with the Cat from the grassy knoll?

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:12 am

I invite you to write the "Rich Dunn Rule" so that I can add that to the 2008 NFFC Rules.

How about when an owner spends too much time with the bottle and inadvertantly drops his first round pick after a devastating week 1 loss, he/she will be allowed to have that player back so long as they pass the Blue Foot lie detector test and pass.

Next year can we hold our draft with the Cat from the grassy knoll? Which one, don't over bid on a one week filler?
Or check your add drops? :D ;)

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:16 am

You can not list every nuance or problem that comes up in the rules.

Agreed with that, but what you can do is make it easy on Greg and state that all transactions are final unless an error by the stat service can be determined and then it is up to the commissioner to rule on the situation. When an owner is given three chences to verify a move I hate to say it he should have to live with his mistake. I don't have a real issue with what Greg ruled on and how he ruled, but to say this can't be covered is wrong. A transaction is a transaction and that should be final so long as it is stated in the rules that way. Again I am in favor of the decision, but it can be covered very easily. Human error is just that, oops I screwed up I live with that decision. A Stats Inc error, well that is another thing.

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:18 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
****://www.joanocean.com/2006groups/New%208.25/donkey_cat.jpg

the chum chum club made me ! you know the cut and paste drill

Q LOL

www.chumchumclub/exclusiveVIPaccess.com
[/QUOTE]This link doesn't work. I want in dammit :D
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:23 am

You can not list every nuance or problem that comes up in the rules.

Agreed with that, but what you can do is make it easy on Greg and state that all transactions are final unless an error by the stat service can be determined and then it is up to the commissioner to rule on the situation. When an owner is given three chences to verify a move I hate to say it he should have to live with his mistake. I don't have a real issue with what Greg ruled on and how he ruled, but to say this can't be covered is wrong. A transaction is a transaction and that should be final so long as it is stated in the rules that way. Again I am in favor of the decision, but it can be covered very easily. Human error is just that, oops I screwed up I live with that decision. A Stats Inc error, well that is another thing. That is certainly one way to look at it.

Here's another human error example: Roy Williams was drafted in a Las Vegas League. The facilitator put Roydell Williams' sticker on the small board. The owner signed off on it. Lineups were entered properly by our staff and lineups were due for Week 1. The owner called to say he never drafted Roydell Williams and needs Roy Williams in his lineup. I look at the board and see the signature. Do I take Roy out of the league?? Do I make a common sense decision on my own?? Do I fault the owner who drafted him and punish him??

This might be hypothetical, but it's another human error, partly on the owner's fault. I guess I need to add that to the rules, too.