FAAB: D.Ward $995

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:03 pm

Just a hypothetical... :D

One could purposefully drop a first rounder...claim to have gone on vacation, and got back late Saturday night...e-mail Greg of this mistake...and gain a full day of information, and decide whom he "really" wanted to drop.

Sorry to stir the pot! :D

~Lance

[ September 15, 2007, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:07 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by FI$HER:
Riff...

the one good thing from this situation is that the error was with a bona-fide stud top 5 WR. If this happened with a different WR, who lets say is on the fence in regard to perceived value to NFFC and scoring, then this thread would be another 30 pages before it was done.

For example, lets say a player like Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker , etc. who had decent week one scoring, but no long term NFL successful track record like S. Smith.....then this whole thing woulda been a nightmare... You had to go there. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]On the flip side, if it was not a player of S. Smith's caliber...then I would not have the same view point and opinion as I did. :D
[/QUOTE]So where do you draw the line?? At what rank does the "forgiveness" end?? A rule is a rule, this is a contest...if you select the wrong player, it's your fault whether it's a 1st round pick or a 15th rounder. Nothing unethical or unfair about this.

Say I picked up Ricky Williams this weeks, but meant to pick up Ricky Williams of the Dolphins, not the Colts...would I receive a pass since I obviously wanted the one from the Phins??

How can Greg ever rule against another owner who experiences the same type of fiasco?? A precedent was set today that could lead to problems down the road.

Sure I know Dunn didn't meant to drop Smith, but from what I've read he DID drop Smith so I don't see how everyone can say he should be placed back on his team.
[/QUOTE]Patrick, as I've stated previously, this has happened a few times this year in the NFBC. Owners have contacted me as soon as the moves are announced and I've made the changes. None have been the caliber of Steve Smith, but they have been corrected by me. Do I view today as a precedent setting day? No, but I know you do.

If Rich straggled onto the boards tomorrow morning and asked where Steve Smith was, it would be a closed case against him. But he contacted me immediately, told me honestly what he thought happened and I acted the way I thought I should. He didn't use any illegal means to acquire a player or to gain an edge.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:07 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
Just a hypothetical... :D

One could purposefully drop a first rounder...claim to have gone on vacation, and got back late Saturday night...e-mail Greg of this mistake...and gain a full day of information, and decide whom he "really" wanted to drop.

Sorry to stir the pot! :D

~Lance Lance, go back to the pot. I'll buy the next round!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:09 pm

Sweeeet! :D :D :D

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Quahogs

Post by Quahogs » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:26 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Isn't a nuance something you do with a psychic and the table floats up in the air when you try and contact kindred spirits? that's Seance big D ! what do the spirits say about our teams this week ???

Q

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:28 pm

Originally posted by Quahogs:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
Isn't a nuance something you do with a psychic and the table floats up in the air when you try and contact kindred spirits? that's Seance big D ! what do the spirits say about our teams this week ???

Q
[/QUOTE]Oh, the angry spirits say that we will score a TON of points. They say that the GreenBay running game will be handed down to D. Winn this week, and never look back. Let it be written and let it be done. ooooooooooooooo ...;)
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:07 pm

Riff has already spoken. Go back a few pages.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:33 pm

16 1/2 more hours till real football!!!
2007 NFFC Classic Champion