mattjb

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by mattjb » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:57 am

Originally posted by southpaw24:
Flex -

Gaffney (vs. SF)
Garcon (vs. ATL)
Cruz (@ NE)

Was thinking Gaffney but disappointed that he didn't get more targets last week so Garcon and Cruz are my other options. I think garcon & Cruz are both good starts this week - who do you have starting over them at WR?

kentucky

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by kentucky » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:19 am

Pick 2, one will be flex position

Nelson
Salas
Jones (GB)

Kinda like Nelson since neither of the Jet cb's will be guarding him.

Jones always has potential in that lineup.

Salas got targets last week
bill cleavenger
"BIG BLUE NATION" ... We don't rebuild, we reload!!!

Noose

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by Noose » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:55 am

OP:

No for Decker, Starks, Davis. Decker's got Tebow, SD-GB will be a game where they're air it out and probably gonna be a close one, SD's run D has also been pretty good this season, although in the past they have been susceptible to GB & Indy kinda run game with a lot of runs out of the gun. Hernandez is way better play than Davis.

Floyd maybe the fourth one to sit with all his health issues, didn't practice yet this week either. It's always a bit of a risk to play him, and that's a risk you don't have to take given the good situation you're in. Though... if Floyd is able to practice the rest of the week and the Chiefs gonna lock Flowers into Marshall, might wanna reconsider.

boutros:

Depends if you need solid production or high upside guy. Thomas should be the one with highest floor, but maybe the lowest ceiling. Jordy offers a high ceiling but also a lower floor. In my mind Hernandez offers the best combination of both.

mattjb:

I would. They need to air it so he's gonna be throwing a ton. Romo hasn't been good as of late... but he might have a something to prove game here now after he was so bad in Philly. Seahawks secondary isn't exactly the hardest one to tear apart. It's close.

southpaw:

Gaffney clearly your worst option. Cruz highest ceiling, Garcon the best play with the targets he's getting. Painter could be under a lot of pressure though this week.

Thunder:

Nelson the most solid of those, Jones the highest upside. Salas not really worth considering with those guys.

Noose

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by Noose » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:58 am

How about Roethlisberger (Bal) or Cassel (Mia)?

Leaning towards Cassel with Vontae Davis still looking to miss some time, but could go other way if Hines is still out. Makes the Steelers more of a throwing team, but the Ravens D is a bad deal for any QB.

King of Queens

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by King of Queens » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:21 am

Thanks for the advice, all. FYI, this is for a big money league in another contest that uses a Victory Points system. I'm currently 3rd in the league in total points scored, but as of today, would miss the playoffs based on my VP total (tied for 7th). As a result, I am in DIRE need of some H2H wins over the next 5 weeks.

Hopefully things turn around in the luck department. Again, thanks everyone.

CoMoHusker

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by CoMoHusker » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:01 am

RB position really takes a hit with AP on a bye this week. Need to pick two of the following:

R. Grant
P. Thomas
D. Carter

Need a flex from either the odd man out above or the list below"

G. Olsen
L. Robinson
K. Walter
H. Ward
J. Jones (Hou)

Thanks!
Go Big Red!

thegambler

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by thegambler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:28 am

Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
RB position really takes a hit with AP on a bye this week. Need to pick two of the following:

R. Grant
P. Thomas
D. Carter

Need a flex from either the odd man out above or the list below"

G. Olsen
L. Robinson
K. Walter
H. Ward
J. Jones (Hou)

Thanks! i think i would roll with: p thomas and d carter and then for flex try l robinson. romo seems to be looking for this guy a lot.

southpaw24

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by southpaw24 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:01 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by southpaw24:
Flex -

Gaffney (vs. SF)
Garcon (vs. ATL)
Cruz (@ NE)

Was thinking Gaffney but disappointed that he didn't get more targets last week so Garcon and Cruz are my other options. I think garcon & Cruz are both good starts this week - who do you have starting over them at WR?
[/QUOTE]Bowe, AJ Green and DJax
What do you think?

thegambler

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by thegambler » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:05 am

in another same scoring as us. gotta pick one rb and one flex:

rb's
jacobs nyg ( nice play if bradshaw is out)
the law firm ne

flex
jacobs nyg
sydney rice sea
branch ne
crabtree sf
law firm ne

mattjb

Week 9 Sit/Start

Post by mattjb » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:13 am

Originally posted by southpaw24:
quote:Originally posted by mattjb:
quote:Originally posted by southpaw24:
Flex -

Gaffney (vs. SF)
Garcon (vs. ATL)
Cruz (@ NE)

[/QUOTE]Bowe, AJ Green and DJax
What do you think?
[/QUOTE]I think you have nice problems.