Dumb Rule about Free Agents

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:21 am

Originally posted by Hard heads:
quote:Originally posted by Participant 2137:
quote:Originally posted by stormola:
Hard to have sympathy for someone complaining about rules they didn't even bother to read The poster said he knew the rule, he doesn't like the rule. [/QUOTE]Russ, I agree GG was out of line with the binkie comment, but if Zeus knew the rule then why did he try and make a secondary pick up after he missed on his first two bids?
[/QUOTE]He probably didn't know the rule.

But, once he wrote the second post, I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I took it as him saying it tongue in cheek-like.

"Yeah, I went to get a body, but wait, the rules don't allow it..." That's what I took his second post to say. I'm sure I'm wrong.

Regardless, there is still no reason to post what the former champion did. Talk about running off people on the fence. Now that they know that if they don't know every rule, and then complain about it on a message board, they can expect to go up in flames by the MB police.

People make mistakes.

People should be able to gripe on a MB.

People should not be able to make rude or snide remarks about other posters. Especially posters who complain about others doing the exact same thing!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:24 am

Originally posted by Hard heads:
quote:Originally posted by Participant 2137:
quote:Originally posted by stormola:
Hard to have sympathy for someone complaining about rules they didn't even bother to read The poster said he knew the rule, he doesn't like the rule. [/QUOTE]Russ, I agree GG was out of line with the binkie comment, but if Zeus knew the rule then why did he try and make a secondary pick up after he missed on his first two bids?
[/QUOTE]Here is the post that warranted the binkie comment...

Originally posted by Participant 2137:
But for High-stakes FF to grow, this is one area that I think is needed to be adjusted to pull in more main stream players.

Main Stream allows for pickups after Friday. It's as easy as that.

If the high-stakes community wants to continue in an elitist-type of way, and not have rules that are geared for the main stream, then the sport will not grow at the high-stakes level.

Since most high-stakes players are so good, you'd think they'd want any rule that would bring in more dead money.

That's just not the case, because they want to be able to say "look at us, we play with tougher rules". Well these rules aren't going to grow the sport IMO.

I'm not whining, I'm arguing a point. I hope you can see the difference. 1. Russ must think Tom and Greg have instituted a high-stakes community with "elitist-type of way".
2. Russ thinks that Greg and Tom's event should mimic mainstream rules.
3. Russ thinks that NFFC owners think "look at us, we play with tougher rules"

I think he's wrong on all three points.
1. Greg and Tom run a great contest. It's open to anyone with the $.
2. I think the 14 team format is against every mainstream league there is. It's what has made Greg/Tom's event unique. Is Russ saying the 14 team league should be abolished?
3. I don't think we play by tougher rules. What is "tougher" anyways. I think a daily FAAB would be a lot tougher than once a week FAAB.

I'm usually not in favor of dumbing down an event to MAYBE get more Yahoo signups. Hence the binkie comment.

[ October 13, 2008, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:27 am

Originally posted by Yoda's S*x Slave:
towards the message board rules can anyone direct?
offend people
want to,,i do not

know participants here
yoda doesn't allow
question for all
gordon gekko,,work for nffc does he not? Remember God Loves You

Yoda's S*x Slave

Post by Yoda's S*x Slave » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:28 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
So now it's style that gets you booted? :confused:

Just because SNAKE's in his own world, does that really mean he needs banned? What country do we live in?

The way Glenn gets treated reminds me of the scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail....when they bring the witch to be burned. That seems to be the kind of trial some of you guys want.

Or better yet, I know most have a Bible...read John 8. there are consequences to everyones action. if you do some potsmoking, don't be surprised when you get busted.
[/QUOTE]me you must help then

HE LIKES TO USE THE FORCE

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:32 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
if this was indeed the case here then your voice would never be heard here, now would it GiGi Le Femme?...hehehe...
you've had the unique distinction of being banned from the wcoff boards AND temporarily from the nffc boards. keep up the good work.

[ October 13, 2008, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:36 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
if this was indeed the case here then your voice would never be heard here, now would it GiGi Le Femme?...hehehe...
you've had the unique distinction as being banned from the wcoff boards AND temporarily from the nffc boards. keep up the good work.
[/QUOTE]...simply for the record here but the WCOFF ban last season was also a temporary one that then turned into a permanent one via SNAKE's choice...thanks much...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]banned from both events. when does it begin to click in your head that you bring a bad vibe to MB's? serious question. thanks.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:42 am

Another thread in the toilet from personal attacks!
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again