Dumb Rule about Free Agents

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:46 am

You know Mark, it's funny to watch you in action. You want to analyze my comments. Do you read the boards? This is what I read on the boards.

The vocal minority have stated loud and clear that they like the 14-team concept because of how difficult it is. Or how much of a challenge it presents.

What presents the challenge?

Limited rosters?
Limited FA timeframe?
FAAB process?
H2H versus other concepts?
Minimal playoff qualifying teams?

These ARE the things that are a part of the contest as it is.

The "elitist" comment falls squarely on the patricipants who squash nearly all attempts to discuss possible rules changes. The moment someone suggest a change, for the most part, the vocal minority are there to protect "what is ours", the status quo.

Yes, the NFFC has made changes based on suggestions. When those suggestions were made, did the MB police do their part to squash them as well? I don't know, as I wasn't there.

All I can comment on is what I've seen over the last 2 years.

Is there no room for further changes? Or is everything the way the MB police want?

The only way progress can be made is by allowing debate to happen without malicious attacks on those who suggest change.

Greg constantly says that he'll let his customers decide. I guess that means by one of 2 ways, communicating via email or the MB or when they decide to sign up or not.

I guess I'd only ask that you, of all people, be respectful of others opinions on the board. Try to ignore those opinions that your disagree with as opposed to engaging them with your snide remarks.

I'm reminded of just 12-14 months ago when you were spewing all sorts of negativity about the NFFC. I guess I would ask you to be a positive force in supporting the NFFC rather than a former Champion who acts the way you do sometimes.

It is a major turnoff for me and I'm sure others.

Maybe this is the expected norm at this point in time. I just wish it wasn't this way.

Good day sir.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:50 am

Originally posted by Participant 2137:
The "elitist" comment falls squarely on the patricipants who squash nearly all attempts to discuss possible rules changes. The moment someone suggest a change, for the most part, the vocal minority are there to protect "what is ours", the status quo.

Yes, the NFFC has made changes based on suggestions. When those suggestions were made, did the MB police do their part to squash them as well? I don't know, as I wasn't there.
the NFFC has changed when change was warranted. And a lot of that change was brought through the MB.
1. 10% playoff rule
2. KDS
3. 3RR
4. 3 week league playoffs

and there's more.

i don't know how you can sit there with a straight face and say what you did. this event has changed A LOT since it was first rolled out.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:51 am

The moment someone suggest a change, for the most part, the vocal minority are there to protect "what is ours", the status quo.
if someone brings a good idea to the table i would think the MB should embrace it.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:53 am

Or is everything the way the MB police want?
what is this MB police you speak of? last i knew this was a MB where people are free to post their opinions.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:58 am

It is a major turnoff for me and I'm sure others.
a major turnoff to me is when people start threads bashing the NFFC saying their rule is shitt, when IN FACT the original poster didn't even know the rule to begin with. i am sticking up for the NFFC.

another turnoff to me is people trying to dummy down this event. should we institute a "points sharing program" amongst teams to encourage more parity and make it easier for the less skilled to compete?

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:01 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Participant 2137:
The moment someone suggest a change, for the most part, the vocal minority are there to protect "what is ours", the status quo.
if someone brings a good idea to the table i would think the MB should embrace it.
[/QUOTE]Who is to say if it's a good idea or not? Most ideas are put to death before anyone can begin to discuss.

How about everyone just state their opinion, and leave it at that. The problem comes in when the opinion is shrouded by some form of ridicule.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:01 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
Another thread in the toilet from personal attacks! It appears that way.

Sometimes it is me....
Sometimes it is Gekko...
Sometimes it is ColtsFan...
Sometimes it is Go Getta..., etc.

BUT....

there is ALWAYS one common denominator. :(

[ October 13, 2008, 10:02 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:02 am

I'm reminded of just 12-14 months ago when you were spewing all sorts of negativity about the NFFC. Good point. Greg and I have had our disagreements. Even though I didn't agree with decision he made, I went about protesting it the wrong way.

He also made a decision this year about scoring changes that I didn't agree with, I asked some questions on the MB, talked to him on the phone and know it's ancient history.

I'm human, and I make mistakes. I'm trying my best to learn from them.