Three Full Leagues For 14-Team NFFC Super League

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:24 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Greg...while I understand the allure of an early KDS deadline and the PR that could bring, I'm not in favor of this deadline being in early August.

These are the highest stakes leagues you offer, and they should drip with professionalism. I think the players laying out this kind of coin should not be made to make such a critical draft decision so early in the preseason.

I would at a minimum not want to set my KDS until after the second preseason game. I hope the early KDS deadline isn't being considered only for the sake of taping a PR piece. These are high end Fantasy players who don't need to know their draft positions a month a head of time in order to properly prepare for draft day. I guarantee you my KDS will change significantly between early August and the time I have to set it for the Classic.

I would like to see a poll of the players involved to see what other opinions are out there.

Thanks. Paul, I was pushing back on the giddiness to early August!! I thought that was a good start. I'll gladly do this in mid-August if that's what the group wants. Yeah, I can easily poll these owners and come up with a good consensus we all agree to. At this price point, I'm certainly willing to give you folks the time you need to set your KDS preferences with as much Draft Day information as possible, while still pulling these draft spots before the other main events.

Same for the other leagues, if that's what they want. But no matter when we do them, I think we can videotape these four draft selections and get the visuals online for all to see.

As for pulling the leagues, I don't want to do that yet because a lot of how the leagues will be formed depends on the draft locations for the owners. Some are still uncertain about their draft sites, so if we're waiting on the draft spots we might as well wait on the leagues, too. And while I'm going to push the 12-team Super League going forward, as Mike said, it would be foolish not to at least leave this selection open if others want to partake in a Super!! ;)

I know Paul and Mark are both interested in another Super at another time. If anyone can tell me when that perfect time is, I'll create the new link now. I like the payouts as much as you folks do. Win-win for everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:29 am

I guarantee you my KDS will change significantly between early August and the time I have to set it for the Classic.

Wow...I wish I was as smart as you other guys. I have a tough enough time figuring out my KDS once, nevermind changing it continually. :eek: ;)

Makes no difference to me when the leagues are determined or when the KDS's are due.

Geez...you guys must be really smart.

Congrats on getting all the premium ancillary leagues filled so quickly.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 am

You have to admit, this is such a different dynamic from all other industry contests. Most of those contests sell the fact that you get your draft spots early because basically it's the luck of the draw. It doesn't matter when that luck of the draw happens, it's going to happen one way or another. So getting your draft spot early and formulating the plan of attack makes the most sense. I get it.

But the fact that you can strategize in the NFFC about your draft spot almost prevents us from ever getting out draft spots real early. I'm glad all of you get the chance to pick your preferred spots and get draft spots you desire (for the most part). It's a cool dynamic of the NFFC and I agree that waiting a bit for these league draft spots is more than okay with me if that's what the masses want. Let's ask and go from there.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:12 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

I know Paul and Mark are both interested in another Super at another time. If anyone can tell me when that perfect time is, I'll create the new link now. I like the payouts as much as you folks do. Win-win for everyone. I can tell you this: I won't play in a third Super League if it takes place AFTER the Thursday night game. I hate that aspect of the WCOFF, and this year that game features the Saints vs. the Vikings in an uber-Fantasy points matchup.

To conduct a draft AFTER Brees/Favre/Colston/Rice/AP/Bush/etc. establish their Week 1 scores is a terrible way to start a fantasy league and it's a deal-breaker for me.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:32 am

I'm with Paul on the KDS deadline. The later the better.

If 3 Supers were held at different times during the first weekend, I'll play all 3. If Paul plays at least 2 (hint, hint) then you only need 11 more players, maybe only 10 (hint, hint), for a 3rd Super.

If you schedule one of the Supers at the same time as the Ultimate, I'll do the Super instead, and you can add another client to the Ultimate. That's a win for me, and a win for the NFFC.

If you schedule it, they will come.

Thank you,
Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Originally posted by Follow Me:
I'm with Paul on the KDS deadline. The later the better.

If 3 Supers were held at different times during the first weekend, I'll play all 3. If Paul plays at least 2 (hint, hint) then you only need 11 more players, maybe only 10 (hint, hint), for a 3rd Super.

If you schedule one of the Supers at the same time as the Ultimate, I'll do the Super instead, and you can add another client to the Ultimate. That's a win for me, and a win for the NFFC.

If you schedule it, they will come.

Thank you,
Mark
Follow Me Okay, I'm with you. I'll keep the 12-team Super on the list for Friday, Sept. 10th because some folks might not mind doing it after the Thursday game has been played. That's been proven already, but maybe it won't work with our audience.

That being said, let's find a third time on Labor Day weekend to schedule a Super League. Why not do it on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 6th?? We could do it at 1 pm ET/10 am PT and I'll host it in Las Vegas and hook up anyone who wants to do it online and via phone. 14 teams or 12 teams, you folks tell me. It's probably a good time for some folks during the three-day weekend and I know we can host it in Las Vegas?

Thoughts? I mean, I'm probably going to add another time slot with the interest we have now, so lead me in the right direction and I'll update the site tomorrow. Thanks.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:11 pm

I agree with Mark that if you schedule a 3rd Super, it will fill.

It's remarkable that two Supers have already filled by July 8th. You already have your first two participants in Mark and I, and it will be relatively easy to fill the 12 remaining slots.

Since the payout is so good, I wouldn't be surprised if some more slots aren't filled by players who are already playing in one of the first two Supers.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

That being said, let's find a third time on Labor Day weekend to schedule a Super League. Why not do it on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 6th?? We could do it at 1 pm ET/10 am PT and I'll host it in Las Vegas and hook up anyone who wants to do it online and via phone. 14 teams or 12 teams, you folks tell me. It's probably a good time for some folks during the three-day weekend and I know we can host it in Las Vegas?

Thoughts? I mean, I'm probably going to add another time slot with the interest we have now, so lead me in the right direction and I'll update the site tomorrow. Thanks. That time and date would work perfectly for me.

I'm also sure that another 14-teamer is what would sell. These Super slots are being filled mostly by your loyal base and those drawn to the unique NFFC format. Time has proven again and again that this audience wants 14 teams, KDS, and 3RR.

Besides, you're already offering a 12 teamer the following week for those who prefer that format.

You need to dance with the girl who brought ya!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:52 pm

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Thoughts? I mean, I'm probably going to add another time slot with the interest we have now, so lead me in the right direction and I'll update the site tomorrow. Thanks. That time and date would work perfectly for me.

I'm also sure that another 14-teamer is what would sell. These Super slots are being filled mostly by your loyal base and those drawn to the unique NFFC format. Time has proven again and again that this audience wants 14 teams, KDS, and 3RR.

Besides, you're already offering a 12 teamer the following week for those who prefer that format.

You need to dance with the girl who brought ya!
[/QUOTE]Monday at 1 pm ET it is and we'll see if that works for others.

We'll keep Sunday the 5th at 2 pm PT open for those who may want to still do one on that date. Let's see how it goes.

We always listen to our core base and try to make it work. It's July 8th, so let's keep the floodgates open and let it rain!! :D

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:07 pm

I'm in for Monday!

Now let's make it a Super-Duper Super-Doubleheader on Monday with two Super Leagues!

Thank you,
Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95