Vikes/Giants moved to Monday Night

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:10 am

They could move it to the University of Minnesota. They just built a new outdoor stadium and it's nearby the Metrodome.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:14 am

Originally posted by Silver and Black:
Cool. A monday night double-header.

Does Fanball have to adjust the time of those games to ensure that players do not lock at Noon tomorrow? Wow, I see the roof of the metrodome has collapsed. I'm not sure what the NFL is going to do now. This is amazing. I feel bad for everyone in the Minneapolis area as that blizzard dropped 18 to 20 inches of snow and it's now blowing here around 40 mph.

Everyone should set their starters for Minnesota-New York Giants by noon today, which is the scheduled starting time. That's when we always lock starting lineups. Now that it's been changed to at least a day later, I'm not sure what will happen on locked lineups, but just be safe for now and set them by noon. I'll try to officially get a plan of attack soon.

Wow, this is crazy. What a start to winter.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:16 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by larry schechter:
Fanball has already adjusted the time. Indeed they have! Great job, Fanball! [/QUOTE]Good to see this. Now let's see what the NFL is going to do with this game. The photos from Minneapolis are unreal. That's a lot of snow. Wow.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:18 am

You gotta wonder if this will make the NFL reconsider scheduling future Super Bowls in cold weather cities (specifically domes) due to possible airport closings, damage to stadiums, etc.

Imagine that nightmare!!! :eek:

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:24 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Silver and Black:

Does Fanball have to adjust the time of those games to ensure that players do not lock at Noon tomorrow? Everyone should set their starters for Minnesota-New York Giants by noon today, which is the scheduled starting time. That's when we always lock starting lineups. Now that it's been changed to at least a day later, I'm not sure what will happen on locked lineups, but just be safe for now and set them by noon. I'll try to officially get a plan of attack soon.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

Whether it is this statement, or an official plan of attack, you may want to send a mass e-mail to everyone, as not everyone reads the boards, and it will save you a hundred headaches later.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:36 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Silver and Black:

Does Fanball have to adjust the time of those games to ensure that players do not lock at Noon tomorrow? Everyone should set their starters for Minnesota-New York Giants by noon today, which is the scheduled starting time. That's when we always lock starting lineups. Now that it's been changed to at least a day later, I'm not sure what will happen on locked lineups, but just be safe for now and set them by noon. I'll try to officially get a plan of attack soon.
[/QUOTE]Greg,

Whether it is this statement, or an official plan of attack, you may want to send a mass e-mail to everyone, as not everyone reads the boards, and it will save you a hundred headaches later.
[/QUOTE]Yup. Let's see what the NFL is going to do with this game first. Right now everyone can see that the game has been changed on their team pages to Monday. I sure hope they play it this week.

I agree with Super Bowls in cold weather stadiums. This is insane. Airports shut down flights all around the Midwest and that can happen anytime in December, January and February. The NFL is making a mistake by hosting Super Bowls anywhere north of New Orleans!!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 am

It's been said over and over on these boards how this is the "Stop Making Sense Fantasy Season".

Well, the Metrodome roof collapsing during the fantasy playoffs and leaving the fantasy world totally oblivious as to what's going to happen is pretty much the cherry on top of the strange season pie.

Unbelievable.

Glenn

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:03 am

The extra time off may keep Favre's streak alive. A day or two of extra rest may change the decision.

da bears

Post by da bears » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:07 am

Originally posted by Fourslot40:
The extra time off may keep Favre's streak alive. A day or two of extra rest may change the decision. Yeah that stinks as I'd rather see Favre on the bench. Sidney Rice has a better chance of putting up big numbers with Jackson playing than a crippled Favre.
Bauler Shot Caller

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:09 am

holy cow what if this game is postponed until after the season?