Vikes/Giants moved to Monday Night

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:55 am

i agree, as much as it pains me in the playoffs here, i think i have to sit Nicks for meachum.. i hate watching Meachum waiting for his 2 targets a game LOL.. if that.. he either gets zero or 15
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

particra

Post by particra » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:01 am

Originally posted by chriseibl:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
not sure why nobody has asked the question?

what happens if it's not played on MONDAY NIGHT?

what if it's played next week? do you get zeros? we need to know this NOW before start of 1pm games. i agree that should be answered soon. i have no players in that game but if i did, it would certainly affect who i choose to play in the noon games.
[/QUOTE]They have to play it this week. There really isn't any way around that. It's not like you can play a doubleheader.

da bears

Post by da bears » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:09 am

Yeah Nicks is a huge risk as I have him on my NFFC Super league playoff team and NFFC online championship playoff team.

I haven't decided what to do yet but will probably roll with Nicks as you don't win big money this time of year without taking a few risks. ;)

[ December 12, 2010, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 am

you would think they have to play this week however what about last year i believe.. the game that was cancelled.. problem, final scores are done as of monday night, NOT tuesday or so.. so if they played tuesday technically you'd get zero under the rules.. i believe. i just want greg or tom to confirm that if the game gets played after monday night that the points will count for week 14. ?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 am

Originally posted by weber:
not sure why nobody has asked the question?

what happens if it's not played on MONDAY NIGHT?

what if it's played next week? do you get zeros? we need to know this NOW before start of 1pm games. From the NFL: "We were notified this morning by the Metrodome authorities that the dome will not be available for the Giants-Vikings game on Monday or Tuesday. We are currently exploring alternatives to play the game Monday night at the University of Minnesota stadium or another domed NFL stadium. We will continue provide information as it becomes available.”

They have to play this game this week. They can't have teams play twice next week. All scores from this game will be part of Week 14 no matter when or where it's played. Look for it to be played tomorrow, but not knowing if that will be outside in Minneapolis or inside in Detroit is not helpful at all. Good luck all with your decisions.

Damn it's brutal here. Blizzard Aiden is a biggee.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:19 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Yeah Nicks is a huge risk as I have him on my NFFC Super league playoff team and NFFC online championship playoff team.

I haven't decided what to do yet but will probably roll with Nicks as you don't win big money this time of year without taking a few risks. ;) That is true, Matt.

Take a possible zero, or play Eddie Royal.....that is my dilemma.

Of course if this game was pleayed at 1:00 as scheduled I wouldn't have this stress.....gotta love fantasy football!! :mad:

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:20 am

thats all the info i needed.. thanks Greg.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:20 am

you would think they have to play this week however what about last year i believe.. the game that was cancelled.. problem, final scores are done as of monday night, NOT tuesday or so.. so if they played tuesday technically you'd get zero under the rules.. i believe. i just want greg or tom to confirm that if the game gets played after monday night that the points will count for week 14. ? Mike, they made that game up during each team's bye weeks. There are no more bye weeks left. They HAVE to play this week. Again, whenever they play this will be part of Week 14's scores. This is not similar to last year's Week 2 cancellation of a game because the only option for the NFL now is to play this week. Good luck.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:21 am

Billy thats the problem here, i had nicks playing at 1pm today, easy decision if i knew he wasn't playing i sit him put in meachum instead.. now unless you have someone in that game to take his place (which this time of year it's impossible to plan for things like that) you could get royally screwed!

Billy some guy posted that nicks wasn't playing was that a bull **** post?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:22 am

you would think they have to play this week however what about last year i believe.. the game that was cancelled.. problem, final scores are done as of monday night, NOT tuesday or so.. so if they played tuesday technically you'd get zero under the rules.. i believe. i just want greg or tom to confirm that if the game gets played after monday night that the points will count for week 14. ? Mike,

That game was cancelled because they still had bye weeks to "play with".

That option is not available here, so I am 95% sure it will be played tomorrow. Indoors or outdoors is the only question.