Vikes/Giants moved to Monday Night

da bears

Post by da bears » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Yeah Nicks is a huge risk as I have him on my NFFC Super league playoff team and NFFC online championship playoff team.

I haven't decided what to do yet but will probably roll with Nicks as you don't win big money this time of year without taking a few risks. ;) That is true, Matt.

Take a possible zero, or play Eddie Royal.....that is my dilemma.

Of course if this game was pleayed at 1:00 as scheduled I wouldn't have this stress.....gotta love fantasy football!! :mad:
[/QUOTE]Yeah no doubt the movement of the game to monday was such a bummer!! :eek:

Good luck Billy!
Bauler Shot Caller

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:23 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
you would think they have to play this week however what about last year i believe.. the game that was cancelled.. problem, final scores are done as of monday night, NOT tuesday or so.. so if they played tuesday technically you'd get zero under the rules.. i believe. i just want greg or tom to confirm that if the game gets played after monday night that the points will count for week 14. ? Mike, they made that game up during each team's bye weeks. There are no more bye weeks left. They HAVE to play this week. Again, whenever they play this will be part of Week 14's scores. This is not similar to last year's Week 2 cancellation of a game because the only option for the NFL now is to play this week. Good luck. [/QUOTE]u are right..thanks i just forgot how they handled that .. i knew there were issues fantasy wise, however thanks.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

GOD Hates You

Post by GOD Hates You » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:24 am

Interesting point from John Clayton. The giants do not have any of their outdoor game equipment with them(uniforms, under armour, cleats.) I would assume all of their equipment managers would be with them in the midwest. How would they even pack it up from Jersey and get it to Minnesota on a timely basis. U of Minn. seems like a long shot to me. Most likely a dome.
Also assuming the game is played Monday, Fox shows the game to the Minnesota and New York audiences and the NFL Network picks up the game for the rest of the country. ESPN has their normal Monday night game.
Any thoughts on these items.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:24 am

Originally posted by weber:
Billy thats the problem here, i had nicks playing at 1pm today, easy decision if i knew he wasn't playing i sit him put in meachum instead.. now unless you have someone in that game to take his place (which this time of year it's impossible to plan for things like that) you could get royally screwed!

Billy some guy posted that nicks wasn't playing was that a bull **** post? Yep....some people are going to get screwed here due to mother nature.

I haven't seen ANYWHERE that Nicks is out, so it is a BIG risk to play him. I am probably going with Royal over him, and I would go with Meachem if I were you.

Good luck! :D

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:25 am

it's amazing how this game works.. going into yesterday im sitting pretty, thinking i have awesome matchups, weather not an issue w/ my players then WHAMO! im surprised and lucky that i didn't have matt prater for god's sake .. who would have thunk it.
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:27 am

Originally posted by GOD Hates You:
Interesting point from John Clayton. The giants do not have any of their outdoor game equipment with them(uniforms, under armour, cleats.) I would assume all of their equipment managers would be with them in the midwest. How would they even pack it up from Jersey and get it to Minnesota on a timely basis. U of Minn. seems like a long shot to me. Most likely a dome.
Also assuming the game is played Monday, Fox shows the game to the Minnesota and New York audiences and the NFL Network picks up the game for the rest of the country. ESPN has their normal Monday night game.
Any thoughts on these items. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igYyepsy8_8

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:35 am

By process of elimination, it's a given when and where the games will be played.

-No bye weeks left, game must be played this week.

-Giants playing Eagles next week in marquee game with playoff implications. Game will be played tomorrow to assure Giants, who's owners also have tremendous pop in the league, don't play on too short a week.

-Giants do not have their outdoor gear. Game will be played indoors.

-Green Bay @ Detroit today, Fox has a TV crew already in place in Detroit. TV and their billion dollar contracts run the NFL. Game will be played in Detroit tomorrow night.

Glenn

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:39 am

It's going to Detroit - 7:20 kickoff on Monday

[ December 12, 2010, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: Dyv ]
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Son of Jack Bauer

Post by Son of Jack Bauer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:39 am

NFL Network: The plan is to play at 7:20 p.m. EST tomorrow in Detroit. Will be confirmed very shortly.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:42 am

Indoors.....hmmm....time to make a decision.