Michael Jenkins FAAB

pizzatyme

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:27 am

And again, I'm not disagreeing about Rice. What I'm saying is don't pick out the greatest WR ever to make your point.

[ October 07, 2007, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

williamhare

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by williamhare » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:49 am

Ulti-
Your Research Dept deserves kudos as well, but
you have to dig pretty deep to counter GLY's
examples ... and then you call THEM "weak"?

Jeff Kemp and Rams backups from '05 still do it for me (in Calliendo's best Jack Nicholson voice).
HMan83

pizzatyme

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:56 am

It's not a contest. All I'm saying is don't pick the best WR ever to make your point. Then tossing out numbers without looking into them also doesn't make for a strong case.

Hell, when it comes to stats, Trent Dilfer is a better QB than Dan Marino. Dilfer 1 SB ring>Marino 0 SB rings.

Holt had a good year that year because Bruce was out. Do the research yourself and you'll see this.

This is all about Reggie Warny and his ability or lack thereof to be an elite WR without Manning.

My contention is that he is elite and Earnest effing Wilford isn't. It is all subjective.

However, I'm not coming on he boards and discounting Wilford's ability. It just struck a nerve, that's all and I'm over it.

:D

GOD Loves You

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by GOD Loves You » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:56 am

Russ, you're making me wonder about you. You were the one who alluded that Rice wouldn't have been the same without Montana....." You've got to be kidding me about Rice still being a stud. You have nothing to prove this would be the case".

I then gave some stats that "proved" this and you have the nerve so say " GLY, you use 1986 as your measuring stick, okay". What year was I supposed to use????? The year Young took over for Montana? :confused: You claimed there wasn't proof...I gave it to you, but it wasn't good enough??

Also, do you realize Dwight Clark was WR2??? If so, how can Clark gain 794 yards, yet the WR2 had only 106?? Again, :confused:

"There is no doubt that Rice is a stud, but to pull out one of his best years doesn't paint a clear picture".
Actually, this is what the whole discussion is centering around..mediocre QB's/stud WR's. RICE HAD ONE OF HIS BEST SEASON WITH A 2ND STRINGER STARTING HALF THE GAMES.

Look, you've tried to use 2 weak examples to make your point. For every Jerry Rice and Tory Holt you mention, I can mention several other "studs" who didn't get theirs until they were in the right situation.

I didn't merely mention a player, I provided some stats. My point is a stud WR is a stud WR regardless of the QB. I think you are missing this. You've yet to provide anything that goes against my thinking. I did more than just "mention" someone, I backed it up with relevant data.

I've read a few names provided by you, but nothing to back it up. You are only mentioning situations.

BTW, you might want to check you stats on Kitna before you use last year in Detroit as an example. Other than the yards, he's had seasons just as good as he had last year.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

pizzatyme

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:58 am

GLY, you win. Wayne sucks without Manning.

dobberlins

Michael Jenkins FAAB

Post by dobberlins » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:02 pm

End the debate...Tim Brown...Todd Marinovich...Heath Schuler...Jay Schroeder...Steve Buerlein...Vance Evans...and ok, Jeff Hostetler and Rich Gannon were pretty good, but Brown is top 5 all time :D