I Hate This Game Sometimes

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:56 am

Warner performed better than Leinert with the same WRs on the field.

Leinert will be okay. Until Leftwich gets that "from the barn" windup out of his technique, I think he remains average at best. I think Lefty makes his WRs slower as the DBs can close on an open WR while waiting for Leftwich to wind up.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:28 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
No question but the Vikings have a standout running game and a standout run defense. Give that team a decent QB - just a decent one - and they could contend in the NFC. If they weren't so weak at QB they could be 3-0 right now. I read somewhere Childress said he wasn't expecting instance success. That it might take T Jackson four or five years to become successful at QB. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I wonder if Jackson has pictures of someone ... has he really been tagged the long term QB of the future by Min?

Thanks for commenting on this Tom.

I think Brad Johnson is currently a slightly below average QB. If we still had him we WOULD be 3-0.

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:03 am

For those not old enough to remember, Steve Young started out the same way as many of these qbs in Tampa Bay. Went to the bench for 4-5 years behind Montana learning the game, and then went on to a HOF career. The idea that a qb has to learn by OJT is not for everyone.

As for the above examples, consider the fact that the majority of them have been caught up in musical offensive coordinators and will only develop consistency when the organizations develop consistency with their coaching staffs. The only exception above is Grossman, who has been in the same scheme for 3 years and still can't produce. Time to give Griese his last shot and move Orton to "the future".
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

LETSROLL2007

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:56 pm

Childress is a prime example of a coach who wants to stroke his own ego by doing it with "his guy" Jackson. To go into this season with crapola at quarterback, but otherwise a championship calibre team IMO, is a felony. By just signing a Shaub and JUST one of those FA receivers that NE signed (Moss,Welker or Stallworth), they would be awesome with All-Day.
Viking fans, you need to run that Childish...errr Childress dude out-of-town :D

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:28 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by KOTRAX:
YEAH THERE ARE A LOT OF TEAMS OUT THERE WITH Q.B. PROBLEMS. MINN AND CHI STAND OUT THE MOST BUT THERE MANY OTHERS. Which makes no sense to me given how it's the most important position on the field. And in the NFC in particular you shouldn't shortchange yourself at a key position given how wide open the conference is. [/QUOTE]I AGREE TOM. I GUESS IF IT'S NOT ONE THING ITS ANOTHER. BEFORE THE SEASON STARTED IF WE HAD TO RANK THE TOP5 QB'S EVEN OUTSIDE THE FANTASY ASPECT IT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE LOOKED SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

1. MANNING
2. BRADY
3. PALMER
4. BREES
5. BULGER

NOW IF YOU COMBINE THE RECORDS OF 3,4,5 YOU GET A RECORD OF 1-7 AND COULD EASILY BE 0-8 WITH THE QUESTIONABLE INTERFERENCE CALL IN THE BALT GAME. SO EVEN IF YOU HAVE A GOOD QB YOU CAN HAVE OTHER PROBLEMS.
[/QUOTE]MAKE IT 1-8 NOW TOM. IS IT TIME TO JUST PACK IT IN ON BREES? I AM GLAD I DID NOT TAKE HIM IN ANY LEAGUE. NOT THAT I AM DOING GREAT HAVING BULGER IN MANY OF THEM. THAT TEAM FLAT OUT MISSES JOE HORN. I HATE TO SAY IT BUT HE TOOK PRESSURE OF COLSTON AND WAS A DECENT ROUTE RUNNER. ALTHOUGH HE HAD SOME MILES ON HIS TIRES HE WAS MORE OF A HELP THAN HINDERANCE. NOW WITH NO DEUCE (NOT THAT HE HAD BEEN DOING MUCH) IT IS ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:37 am

The Saints are a mess. I don't think the Saints miss Horn because I think he's washed up but they definitely need a stronger No. 1 WR. Colston doesn't appear to be ready. Plus the line isn't playing well. They can't run the ball and Brees is feeling a lot of heat. On top of that, Brees is making poor decisions. He doesn't look anywhere like the QB he was in San Diego and last season. On top of all that, McAllister is done for the year. They're in a huge amount of trouble.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:00 am

I suggest the Saints go get Dillon.

Tough for Colston to be a #1 without a sound #2. Te need to let Moore play the #2 and get deep. This will help. They aren't showing a deep threat as of yet. Also, the spread offense isn't working. They need to go Max Protection, and let Johnson, Colston, and Bush work the routes.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:01 am

YEAH YOU'RE RIGHT TOM EVERTHING YOU SAID ABOUT THE SAINTS IS GOSPEL. ITS A SAD SITUATION