I'm Chatting TODAY - ALL DAY

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:57 am

Tom...I think Ray Rice will be the top scoring running back this season....tell me why i'm wrong...

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:17 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Tom, which old-timer has the best shot to be a fantasy producer in '11? Mcnabb, Hasselbeck, Palmer, other? Of that group I'd go Hasselbeck since he's the one guy I still trust as a starter. I can't believe the Seahawks could go from him to Tarvaris Jackson or Matt Leinart. That's a huge drop-off for a playoff team.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:18 am

Originally posted by mattjb:
Tom...I think Ray Rice will be the top scoring running back this season....tell me why i'm wrong... Because there are at least three guys who are more talented and maybe as many as five.

Foster
Peterson
CJ
Charles

For sure. Maybe McCoy too.

I think the Ravens will re-sign McGahee (not sure where else he will go) and if that happens than Rice will lose some goal-line touches. I like Ray Rice a lot but not enough to move him ahead of the four RBs above.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:21 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by mattjb:
Tom...I think Ray Rice will be the top scoring running back this season....tell me why i'm wrong... Because there are at least three guys who are more talented and maybe as many as five.

Foster
Peterson
CJ
Charles

For sure. Maybe McCoy too.

I think the Ravens will re-sign McGahee (not sure where else he will go) and if that happens than Rice will lose some goal-line touches. I like Ray Rice a lot but not enough to move him ahead of the four RBs above.
[/QUOTE]I don't think McGahee will be back - if he is my statement/question is withdrawn ;)

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:22 am

Tom, is there any chance of putting upcoming satellites on the main page?

Just put the next 12 leagues, including the Online Championship leagues and whatever. Someone new to the game is more likely to see "$150 Classic-12 teams, 2 spots left" and sign up, than to go looking through the message boards.

As a side note- http://nffcboards.stats.com/cgi-bin/ult ... 1;t=006474 like RedRyder suggested maybe you should use Twitter or email for when there are 5 spots left in a satellite?

Your client base is too big to have drafts get cancelled.

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:24 am

TK, I think this got lost in the thread because it said CANCELLED, but several folks chimed in that they would have signed up fro last Sunday's 12 team 60s, but it had already been cancelled. Several points were made in that thread...

Is there not a way the NFFC can wait until the morning of the league and if it hasn't filled then cancel it?

Is it possible for the NFFC to send out an e-mail blast saying 5 spots left for Sunday's 60? Or a Facebook or Twitter blast?

Will there be a way in the future to see on the registration page how many teams have signed up (maybe it is there now and I just don't know it).
@RedRyder

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:25 am

Joe, I included those in the newsletter that's going out today. But here is the upcoming schedule:

July 29 14-Team $60 League, 10 p.m. EST

July 31 $125 Pay Top 3 League, 5 p.m. EST

July 31 12-Team Online Championship League, 5 p.m. EST

July 31 14-Team Online Championship League, 9 p.m. EST

We also have our $150 and $375 Slow Draft Leagues still available. The fifth $150 Slow Draft League filled up late last week and we are taking signups now for the sixth league.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:28 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
TK, I think this got lost in the thread because it said CANCELLED, but several folks chimed in that they would have signed up fro last Sunday's 12 team 60s, but it had already been cancelled. Several points were made in that thread...

Is there not a way the NFFC can wait until the morning of the league and if it hasn't filled then cancel it?

Is it possible for the NFFC to send out an e-mail blast saying 5 spots left for Sunday's 60? Or a Facebook or Twitter blast?

Will there be a way in the future to see on the registration page how many teams have signed up (maybe it is there now and I just don't know it). Hey Jules, to ansewr your questions:

1. Yes we can wait until the day of the draft if the league is close to filling up. That league last Friday wasn't looking good so Greg made the call to shut it down. But we have a four-hour window before the start of the draft to set a league up. We don't want to push it that long but if a league is close to filling up we'll take as much time as necessary to fill it up.

2. I've been sending out posts on Facebook and Twitter letting people know spots are still available for certain leagues. That's been ongoing and I'll continue to do that going forward.

3. I'm not sure we can add that for this year given everything else our tech people are working on. That is something Fanball created and we can look into adding it in the future. We'll talk to our tech guys about that and see what they think.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Erok

Post by Erok » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:33 am

No time to chat today, I am too busy signing up for all of my NFFC drafts!!!

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks, I'm going away for a while, so I was asking for the future. My satellite participation fell off a table the last two years because they kept getting cancelled.

All the satellite notifications are on email or message boards not on your main page. Tell me if I am wrong but from my point of view I see this meaning you hit the same exact people over and over again.

I played in 5 Fanball.com D&P leagues and they were filling up like crazy and their product was crap AND paid less than yours...I just want these to have the same success and think you guys aren't seeing how hidden they are from a newbies view...