Attending the Classic - How is it?

ImTheScientist

Post by ImTheScientist » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:15 am

I have now done the online league 2 years in a row but am considering signing up for the Classic in Las Vegas.

I was wondering what you all think of the live draft. Is it worth the time/money to get to the location? Is there anything to know about? What do you really like about it most?

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:23 am

What do you really like about it most?

Meeting all the Players, by far this Contest was my favorite in person draft.

I will miss that part more than anything else.

Enjoy! What City?

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:25 am

This is my 6th year with the NFFC..... If you have the opportunity to go to a live draft, you'll never miss another 1.... It is better than Xmas.... The feeling in the room is ELECTRIC, I am not doing this justice, but I promise you you'll have the time of your life.... I'll be in Vegas and Flying out tommorow from Boston... Trust me, if your a fantasy football fanatic and have the chance to draft at the BELLAGIO,sign up NOW,before its too late!!!!!! See you in VEGAS... :D :cool:

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:50 am

Aren't signups closed?

ImTheScientist

Post by ImTheScientist » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:13 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Aren't signups closed? Considering it for next year.

Max Factor

Post by Max Factor » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:34 am

Originally posted by ImTheScientist:
I have now done the online league 2 years in a row but am considering signing up for the Classic in Las Vegas.

I was wondering what you all think of the live draft. Is it worth the time/money to get to the location? Is there anything to know about? What do you really like about it most? On line contests $350.00.....live contests PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!
Jeff Potok

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:11 am

There is nothing like the live drafts, the atmosphere, the people and the ability to respond, react to things taking place around you all make for an exciting draft experience.

I do the online to prepare, to fight boredom, to win money but it all seems so sterile and controlled...it just seems more anticlimatic imo to the real deal.
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

jsferenc

Post by jsferenc » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:43 am

The live draft is great. Greg and Tom have put together a top notch program and I highly recommend it.
Josh Ferenc

2005 National Fantasy Football Champion. Time for the sequel!

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:19 am

Nothing like it.
I can't wait for Friday.

Glenn

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:25 am

Originally posted by ImTheScientist:

I was wondering what you all think of the live draft. Is it worth the time/money to get to the location? Is there anything to know about? What do you really like about it most? I've done the Online 2009, Vegas 2008, and Chicago 2007 classics. But nothing beats the live drafts ! Not to take anything away from Online or Chicago, but Vegas takes the cake. I would like to do the NY Classic in the future, but it's Vegas anytime I get the chance. Vegas is worth every penny, hotel, flight, NFFC live draft, and more... Do it !
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura