Roster Size...

Route Collectors

Roster Size...

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:05 am

I am a little behind in this discussion but here are a couple of feeble minded thoughts. I know alot of you are much more seasoned players than I am. That's why I signed up - to compete against the best, maybe learn a few things and hopefully improve enough to compete better in the future.
I'm only in my 6th year and have never done any other fantasy sports. Maybe still being somewhat of a novice I can add a different perspective. (Not better - just different)
Being a business owner (custom home builder) like some of you, we have certain qualities that distinguish us from our competition - Just like the NFFC. When a potential client wants us to change that identity to suit their needs, we try to work with them, but if we don't maintain who we are then we have no distinguishing qualities in the market. Sometimes to maintain that identity we have to let potential clients go somewhere else.

My point is a simple one:
There is already a 12 team high stakes option available anyone can choose to play in. This is SUPPOSED to be hard, isn't it? I'm stuck right now with Wheatley and Dayne (Woe is me)..but I'm not giving up this early. You guys are the best of the best aren't you? Surely you can figure it out without asking Greg and Tom to change their identity.

With that being said, the best idea I've seen is Jersey Paul's thought on 1RB 3WR and 2Flex.

See there: you guys are corrupting me already!
Sorry for the long post.

Walla Walla

Roster Size...

Post by Walla Walla » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:43 am

I'm still trying to figure this one out. Everyone knew the rules for the league and slapped down thier money to play. Now theres talk about the rules and how they need to be changed. I have no doubt that if some of the rules were changed this discussion would still happen. I can understand if someone said I didn't play because I didn't like the rules. But to say I didn't like the rules but payed anyway is just strange.

Gordon Gekko

Roster Size...

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:53 am

Most of the opinions stated in this thread are BS. Thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

TamuScarecrow

Roster Size...

Post by TamuScarecrow » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:00 am

All of these suggestions are for consideration for the future, Walla, but Vegas complained about this 3 months ago and decided to bring it back up now that there have been a few injuries and people have forked out megabucks for an rb who basically sucks. Not to mention he just told everybody his draft sucked.

I agree with Indy and JP in that I don't want to see any changes in team or roster size, or scoring but a change from the current scoring structure to 1RB, 3WR, and 2Flex sounds good to me.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

wlfskp

Roster Size...

Post by wlfskp » Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:20 am

My small two cents worth....leave it all alone!!! It was set-up to not be easy...ie Hard...leave it that way for now and the future. THe only thing I have seen that looks interesting is the change of flex...I mean we can have a wr, rb or te why not add qb, k, and def also making it a true flex and allowing everyone to use their best available in their opinion player. If not this minor change then leave it alone....good luck all
Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." -
-- Mark Twain
Play FF like its a new day -- Fanatics

nnoy

Roster Size...

Post by nnoy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:16 am

Originally posted by Tkats96:
I do have to add that the Waiver Wire is not as helpful when the players are ranked right on the site. When you have to be aware of who is performing and who is available in your perticular league it becomes much more of a weapon to improve your team. But with this system even nnoy can find help. Sorry nnoy, but didn't want to offend the deaf, dumb or blind. You can use me as the defacto whipping boy on the MB, but I would argue that the rankings actually benefit the most astute owners (such as myself.) In fact the player I am targeting this week is listed in the middle of the rankings. The less skilled owners will simply sort the list and go right off the top. The key to good FA pick-ups is to accurately predict that player’s role for the coming game; the fact that the player may have put up big numbers in a totally different situation (weaker D, injury impact of another player etc) should be discounted.

ultimatefs

Roster Size...

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:53 am

Originally posted by nnoy:
quote:Originally posted by Tkats96:
I do have to add that the Waiver Wire is not as helpful when the players are ranked right on the site. When you have to be aware of who is performing and who is available in your perticular league it becomes much more of a weapon to improve your team. But with this system even nnoy can find help. Sorry nnoy, but didn't want to offend the deaf, dumb or blind. You can use me as the defacto whipping boy on the MB, but I would argue that the rankings actually benefit the most astute owners (such as myself.) In fact the player I am targeting this week is listed in the middle of the rankings. The less skilled owners will simply sort the list and go right off the top. The key to good FA pick-ups is to accurately predict that player’s role for the coming game; the fact that the player may have put up big numbers in a totally different situation (weaker D, injury impact of another player etc) should be discounted. [/QUOTE]FWIW, Nathan is correct here.

My favorite saying still applies, bad owners will make bad picks.

In the early '90's when voice mail had just been invented and the Net was something you fired a puck into, I had owners complain about mailing out FA lists when we started publishing them.

The same owners that made bad FA picks before still made them with the lists.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

FatPerez

Roster Size...

Post by FatPerez » Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:47 pm

What the hell is going on in the world?!?!? I thought the whole point of the NFFC was to test oneself against the toughest competition, in a strict, no nonsense format. Listen donuts, our starting QB is on bye this week, while our only backup QB was injured last week. So, do Pinchi Brian and I go pissin' and moanin' to Greg and Tom about changing rules, or roster sizes, or league sizes? No!!! We just had to suck it up, place some bids on a fill-in QB, and hope for the best. If we didn't get him, then we would have to take the 0. Fortunately, we successfully bid on Dorsey. Does that mean we're elated to have a lemming like Dorsey going against a Defense like Seattle's this week? No, but that's what we get for not having our QB depth taken care of. Please fellas, quit the sniveling. If sometime between now and Week 13 you happen to sh** your little drawers, will you ask Greg and Tom to clean that up for you also?!?!? Suck it up weenies!!! Ponch & John baby, Ponch & John.

[ September 24, 2004, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: FatPerez ]
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women."- Conan the Cimmerian

Gordon Gekko

Roster Size...

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:00 pm

Originally posted by FatPerez:
If sometime between now and Week 13 you happen to **** your little drawers, will you ask Greg and Tom to clean up that for you also?!?!? I was going to ask you.

Gordon Gekko

Roster Size...

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:01 pm

Originally posted by FatPerez:
sh**thanks for the clarification