I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:15 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Hey Tom will McNabb be a top 5 or even top 10 fantasy qb the rest of this year or should I be looking for other options at qb? I think he'll be Top 10 as long as Westbrook is healthy. But if you can find a better starter for Week 6 at least that might not be a bad move.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

Post by da bears » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:18 am

Prediction on Bears-Packers game sunday night? I hate to say it but the Packers will win 27-17. The Bears pass defense is pathetic right now due to all the injuries...
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:20 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Prediction on Bears-Packers game sunday night? I hate to say it but the Packers will win 27-17. The Bears pass defense is pathetic right now due to all the injuries... Packers 20-17. I think Favre throws all day; Benson gets a short TD run but the Bears turn the ball over 2-3 times and that's the difference.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

da bears

Post by da bears » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:24 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Prediction on Bears-Packers game sunday night? I hate to say it but the Packers will win 27-17. The Bears pass defense is pathetic right now due to all the injuries... Packers 20-17. I think Favre throws all day; Benson gets a short TD run but the Bears turn the ball over 2-3 times and that's the difference. [/QUOTE]Yeah those turnovers are killing the Bears right now. I thought Griese would do a better job of protecting the ball than Grossman, but Griese gave that game away last week against Detroit. Maybe the Bears would be better off with Orton...who knows I guess.
Bauler Shot Caller

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:26 am

I've called for Orton for some time now, good call Tom!

Who is the WR to have in GB if not Driver? Seems like Jones and Jennings are getting looks?!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:27 am

I didn't call for Orton. I don't think he's the answer at all.

I'd start all three of the WRs in Green Bay. Driver is a legit WR1 and Jennings/Jones are both solid WR3 options. The Packers throw enough to make all of them viable every week.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:38 am

Orton was put in a very tough situation. He was a winner at Purdon't and I think he could be serviceable.

To be thrown to the wolves as a rookie is tough for anyone.

I guess anyone was a better option than Wrecks!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 am

Tom,

Do you know exactly how close to kickoff we can go with lineup changes? I have several decisions that could be changed based on if Sammy Morris starts for the Pats due to Maroney being out. Wondering if anyone has tested this right up until kickoff... I assume we have about 5 minutes or more before the kickoff where players are locked.

also, thoughts on..

-edge james... I was super high on him this year and sense no one thought I knew what I was talking about post draft when I talked about my opinion on how the cards offense would be changed this year. You think this is real or a fluke. I predicted he would be a top 10 MINIMUM RB this year (which is why I reached for him at 1.12 in the main.

-I have both Bowe and Crayton and will likely bench them both as I do not expect bust out games like that back to back. I think the jags work so hard to run the ball their games fly by and KC wont have the ball as much or be needing to pass as much.

-do you think there is ANY CHANCE Morency becomes the primary back and could average say 10-12 points the rest of the season or will it be a true RBBC all year.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:16 am

1. You can set your lineups about five minutes before the start of games.

2. Edge is definitely for real. I wasn't as high on him and missed on that one because I wasn't sure his TD ceiling was very high. But he does look good and I'd be starting him without hesitation every week if I had him.

3. I love Bowe. He's the real deal. I don't expect many more games like last week but he's been putting up good numbers and most importantly getting into the end zone for three straight games now. Tough test this week but I'd start him if I had him. And Greg and I will be starting him in WCOFF again over Javon Walker.

4. Nope. It's possible he has some good games here and there but I don't see him being a consistent fantasy option.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:22 am

Tom, do you see Colston having a breakout game anytime soon?? Also, what ppg avg do you think it will take to be in the Top 36 this year??
2007 NFFC Classic Champion