I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:26 am

Tom,

I asked my initial question poorly. I know the rule, I guess I was wondering if anyone had really tested it. if it is exactly 5 minutes before kickoff or something. Not a big deal was just throwing out a question to keep you here for 8 straight hours.

-I like Bowe. I just have very good WR depth and see more of a 4-50 type game this week. Obviously one big play can change that.

-your gut feeling... is R. Bush a top 10 fantasy RB the remainder of the NFL season?

-do you think Kevin Jones continues to share time or by say week 7 is the full time main guy in the Lions backfield?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:27 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
Tom, do you see Colston having a breakout game anytime soon?? Also, what ppg avg do you think it will take to be in the Top 36 this year?? 140-150 might be what's needed. And yes I think Colston has a bustout game soon. Maybe this week. The Panthers' D is reeling.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:28 am

TK, so it's the Top 36 teams that make it to the playoffs, regardless of record correct??
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:29 am

Originally posted by renman:
Tom,

I asked my initial question poorly. I know the rule, I guess I was wondering if anyone had really tested it. if it is exactly 5 minutes before kickoff or something. Not a big deal was just throwing out a question to keep you here for 8 straight hours.

-I like Bowe. I just have very good WR depth and see more of a 4-50 type game this week. Obviously one big play can change that.

-your gut feeling... is R. Bush a top 10 fantasy RB the remainder of the NFL season?

-do you think Kevin Jones continues to share time or by say week 7 is the full time main guy in the Lions backfield? 1. I would imagine people have tested it. I know I'll be paying close attention to the Addai situation in the KP Auction league before I head off to Lambeau for the game on Sunday night.

2. I like Bowe a lot. When you consider what he's doing with just an average at best QB it's scary. What I like about him is he's finding the end zone consistently. That's huge.

3. Yes I think he will. His receptions will get Bush in the Top 10 range.

4. Jones will be the full-time guy very soon. It's not even a competition between him and Bell. He just needs to get completely healthy.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:30 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
TK, so it's the Top 36 teams that make it to the playoffs, regardless of record correct?? From our Rules:

The team with the best won-loss record in each league plus the team with the highest point total (second highest point total if the team with the best won-loss record also has that) advance to the three-week playoffs. Any team that finishes in the top 10 percent of the total number of teams that didn't finish first or second in their league will also advance to the playoffs as a wild card team. So if the NFFC finishes with 364 teams in 2005, the top 36 teams in total points will be guaranteed a playoff spot in the Championship Round.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

renman

Post by renman » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:03 am

Tom,

I love Bowe as a player, but I factor in tons of other things (as I am sure you do to). Bowe in that offense with that limited QB, with that strong RB who can at times take over games will make me only start Bowe in certain matchups. It is hard to predict TDs.

-do you expect Jacobs to be a serious factor or a primary back for the Giants? Or do you expect him to split carries and play on goaline and that is about it?

-I personally think Lynch is a STUD who is stuck in a bad situation. If lynch and Addai or Tomlinson switched uniforms I am not sure which I would take first.

-Do you think Culpepper has shown a lack of ability to throw the ball DOWNFIELD in a way that limits the value of Curry/porter? I know what he used to do, but I did not see much these last two weeks.

-Will Glenn come back and take over the starting position from Crayton? I think it is silly to have you speculate on injuries, but figured I would ask.

-If you had to start one of the following... Bowe, Cotcher, Crayton.. who would it be?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:07 am

1. I think Jacobs will be the guy and get most of the carries. He'll get the goal line carries as well

2. Love Lynch. Scary to think what he'd be doing on a good team.

3. We'll see about Culpepper. Last week's game was so bizarre the true test for him will be coming up in future games.

4. Glenn will be the starter in my opinion when he returns. Nice late-season sleeper pick.

I'd go with Bowe for the upside; Cotchery would be the safe pick.

That's all for today everyone. Thanks for the questions and good luck in all your leagues this weekend.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:30 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Tom: which would be more painful for u to endure...
1) A snake/billywaz pissing contest thread
2) Finding out your girlfriend was originally a dude LMAO :D

FIGHTINGNOLES

Post by FIGHTINGNOLES » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:12 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Tom: are u and greg ever going to bench larry johnson again (assuming he's healthy)? Hell no. [/QUOTE]I said last week you went with your gut and were "wrong" only because of LJs' last drive against SD (hard to imagine they'd be up 2 TDs @ SD & he'd get 60 garbage yds in the final 3 minutes). Wasn't even close between Leonard & LJ this past week. VERY FEW must starts left anymore @ RB IMO (see SA last week too)...LJs schedule gets better now but I totally understood your call on him week 5....