Live Chat With Greg A. On Wednesday, 11 a.m. EST

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 5:09 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
As I mentioned yesterday, I find the 6-14 spot in the first round to be incredibly interesting. Just looking at the KDS preferences for the early drafts, you can see that 1-5 is pretty well set and in any order I can see Tomlinson, Peterson, Jackson, Westbrook and Addai going in most of our drafts. But after that is a crapshoot.

Okay, who would you take at 6??
Where would you take Brady??
When does Moss go??
How many RBs go in the first round??

For the record, our Top 15 for the magazine is as follows:
1. LT2
2. Peterson
3. Steven Jackson
4. Westy
5. Addai
6. Frank Gore
7. Larry Johnson
8. Tom Brady
9. Ryan Grant
10. Randy Moss
11. Marshawn Lynch
12. Marion Barber
13. Terrell Owens
14. Reggie Wayne
15. Braylon Edwards Good questions Greg, I'm trying to decide between Moss and Gore @1.06 of the upcoming Jules Gamers draft.
[/QUOTE]Russ, you hold the key to that draft. Six could be one of the biggest spots in the draft for those drafting behind that spot. I wouldn't doubt if the 6-7 area moves down on people's KDS preferences as we get closer to the Satellite League season as folks may still get the player they want at 10-11.

Should be fun. Please do tell when you decide on that pick!! ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Wed May 14, 2008 5:10 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Hey Rob, ESPN Radio 1000 contacted me last week to help them again with their Fantasy Football event in 2008. Tom and I will help them with their drafts again this year as it's being held Aug. 22-23 in Lombard. Plan on joining us this year if you can as last year was a blast. Jack Haan drafted there and Geoff and Jason from MockDraftCentral.com joined us for SEVERAL beers on Friday night. Brian Swaw was there as well. Should be a fun, fun time. I guess you could say I drafted there. I showed up last minute purposely without cheat sheets, and drafted with nothing but my memory and an IPod with my favorite tunes. I proceeded to forget Terrell Owens and Braylon Edwards at critical draft points. It didn't turn out too well!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 5:13 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
Hey Rob, ESPN Radio 1000 contacted me last week to help them again with their Fantasy Football event in 2008. Tom and I will help them with their drafts again this year as it's being held Aug. 22-23 in Lombard. Plan on joining us this year if you can as last year was a blast. Jack Haan drafted there and Geoff and Jason from MockDraftCentral.com joined us for SEVERAL beers on Friday night. Brian Swaw was there as well. Should be a fun, fun time. I guess you could say I drafted there. I showed up last minute purposely without cheat sheets, and drafted with nothing but my memory and an IPod with my favorite tunes. I proceeded to forget Terrell Owens and Braylon Edwards at critical draft points. It didn't turn out too well! [/QUOTE]Join us the night before at the Friday night kickoff in the bar and you'll forget a lot more the next day!!! :D Let's spread the word about this in the Windy City and get a big pre-NFFC party going that weekend. Tom and I will be there on Friday afternoon and help organize the drafts on Saturday morning. Should be fun. ESPN Radio 1000 said they expect to double the size of the event this year and maybe have more of a Friday night kickoff as well. I'm sure Brian Swaw will be involved in some way.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 5:18 am

Okay, I'm just going to throw out some subjects here and give folks a few things to chew on over the next few days. Again, Tom and I will try to be here each Wednesday morning for a Live Chat and just talk football with our customers. As the season approaches, we'll have more and more folks here and we'll even bring in some industry folks as guests. We're going to make our Message Boards more lively this year and bring in new participants through our Rotoworld.com blogs and columns. Talking football is what we're going to do here.

As I look at our 3RR for both event, the back-end turn looks interesting. Let's look at your first three options if you draft in the NFFC:

13-16: Could be:
Terrell Owens
Reggie Wayne
Braylon Edwards
Willis McGahee
Clinton Portis or Ryan Grant or any of the backs who drop

29-30 could be:
Housh
Marques Colston
Jamal Lewis
Ronnie Brown
Brandon Marshall

Interesting.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 5:22 am

Okay, in the NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship, the end of the draft could be even more interesting with 3RR. Consider:

11-14 could be:
Randy Moss
Ryan Grant
Marshawn Lynch
Marion Barber
Terrell Owens
Reggie Wayne
Braylon Edwards

25-26 could be:
Jones-Drew
Steve Smith
Housh
Colston
Jamal Lewis
Ronnie Brown
Tony Romo

I can see a lot of No. 1 teams going LT2 and Peyton Manning this year. But would those teams get enough WR points after that? The third-fourth round picks would be:
Santonio Holmes
Dwayne Bowe
Roddy White
Hines Ward
Witten, Gates, Winslow

Hmmm, that will be interesting at the top, too. Interesting all around, actually.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 5:31 am

Okay, I'll leave with this thought today and you can help me out:

How much would it be worth to have someone win both the NFFC and the NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship in the same year? The odds of that happening would be HUGE, but it is possible. Could we possibly offer the largest grand prize in the industry to someone who accomplished both feats? Would it appeal to you?

It's something I'm considering as we finalize our plans for everything. Our meetings have centered on sponsorship possibilities and the live events, but I can see us setting a good precedent with this one. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks all and post any thoughts or questions here and I'll address them after hoops.

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed May 14, 2008 5:47 am

Okay, I do want to briefly touch on one subject today, but I'll write a column for Rotoworld.com on this later today. In case you haven't already noticed, the high-stakes marketplace is getting more and more crowded. Competition is great and I welcome all new companies to any area of the industry. The live events area is a vibrant business and I can see why folks want a piece of the action.

From a consumer's viewpoint, you have plenty of choices this year. WCOFF is expanding to a fourth city this year and could add a promotional partner as well. We've added NBC Sports as our promotional partner and a second live event called NBC Sports' Fantasy Football Championship. Then there are no fewer than THREE other live events being announced in different areas, all with guarantees of being different and better. Good luck to one and all, I say.

But I'll also say that it's a "buyer beware" market out there. There are no guarantees that all of them will be successful. In fact, it's unlikely that all of them will be successful as the market may not be big enough to support everyone. Those who have promotional power behind them stand the best chance of success, but nothing is guaranteed. Nothing. So do your homework this year, make the right decisions and for goodness sakes pick an event where you'll have the most fun and be guaranteed the money when the season is done. Yep a ton of choices this year...but this may be a bad thing I think because I really don't think there are enough high stakes players out there at that moment. It will be interesting to see if all of these contests sell out.

I think more people will get into the game though when the grand prizes start entering the 7 digit range. That will be the big drawing card obviously and now with NBC on board and other corporate sponsers these prizes aren't too far off.

Imagine winning $1,000,000 or more for playing fantasy football... Talk about awesome!! :D

[ May 14, 2008, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed May 14, 2008 5:52 am

How much would it be worth to have someone win both the NFFC and the NBC Sports Fantasy Football Championship in the same year? The odds of that happening would be HUGE, but it is possible. Could we possibly offer the largest grand prize in the industry to someone who accomplished both feats? Would it appeal to you?

It's something I'm considering as we finalize our plans for everything. Our meetings have centered on sponsorship possibilities and the live events, but I can see us setting a good precedent with this one. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks all and post any thoughts or questions here and I'll address them after hoops. That probably would be a great marketing concept and you could probably get an insurance policy at a pretty reasonable cost. Win the NFFC and the NBC contests and win a $1 Million bonus in addition to the 2 $100K grand prizes!! Interesting....

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed May 14, 2008 5:57 am

Originally posted by RiFF:

It's something I'm considering as we finalize our plans for everything. Our meetings have centered on sponsorship possibilities and the live events, but I can see us setting a good precedent with this one. Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks all and post any thoughts or questions here and I'll address them after hoops. That probably would be a great marketing concept and you could probably get an insurance policy at a pretty reasonable cost. Win the NFFC and the NBC contests and win a $1 Million bonus in addition to the 2 $100K grand prizes!! Interesting....
[/QUOTE]Yep I like that idea Rich.. as its a win-win situation for both NFFC/NBC and the player...unless of course someone wins both contests. :D
Bauler Shot Caller

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed May 14, 2008 6:00 am

1 million to win the NFFC and NBC in the same year.

10 million to win the NFFC, NBC, and NFBC in the same year.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?