thats right...what can I do EDDIE..

AA
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

Eddiejag

Very interesting primetime situation

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Originally posted by A.A:

AA Thats crazy too bad you didnt have a bum you could stick in for Branch as now you dont need him. CRAZY and good luck too all three of you.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:19 am

Originally posted by A.A:

AA Ok here is the situation in the crazy Boston league.If Deon Branch scores 8.55 the Bama will knock his own team out of the playoffs and let Siderman Bacon take the playoff spot.I dont think ive ever seen this before in fantasy and for the points race Blackhand put a whooping on Super Dony T PUTTING UP 147 POINTS.Donny team has just tired down the stretch with 2 players putting up ZERO'S and nobody on his bench putting up more than 5.[excluding his backup qb]He still has the Lawfirm and Holmes but is down 68 points. good luck to all in this league.

[ December 06, 2010, 06:24 AM: Message edited by: Eddiejag ]
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 am

i hate leon washington. i picked up seattle def this week cause i liked the matchup. this knucklehead starts to jog into the endzone and the punter trips him up at the 2yd line. that play cost me 6pts.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:44 am

Originally posted by Eddiejag:
quote:Originally posted by A.A:

AA for the points race Blackhand put a whooping on Super Dony T PUTTING UP 147 POINTS.Donny team has just tired down the stretch with 2 players putting up ZERO'S and nobody on his bench putting up more than 5.[excluding his backup qb]He still has the Lawfirm and Holmes but is down 68 points. good luck to all in this league.
[/QUOTE]In this wacky season, it is good to see karma and justice prevail here. :D

Congratulations Frank! :D

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:21 pm

There is one way to prevent the situation in the first post of this topic in the future. Assuming this is an online league we're talking about, give the 2nd place team in overall points in each league a wild card to advance to the playoffs, unless they had already qualified as H2H champion. If the H2H champion also finished 2nd in pts, there would be no wild card and only 2 teams advance. If one team sweeps first in both, then 2nd in pts advances regardless of the current rules or this new rule. If the H2H champ did not finish 1st or 2nd in pts, then the wild card would apply and 3 teams would advance.

A similar "wild card" rule could be enacted in the Classic, Primetime, Auction, etc. depending on number of teams advancing. This would help avoid the situation where tanking the last game could help a team get into the playoffs.
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

eliasond

Post by eliasond » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:28 pm

PS -- I see this post was started relating to the Primetime Leagues, where only 2 teams advance, so my example in my first paragraph above does also apply to the situation in the Primetime Leagues.

Good luck to all in the playoffs, whoever ended up advancing! We will see you there.

Daren. -- LV Primetime League 4 H2H champ
Daren E
NFFC Charter Member
3-Time Las Vegas Auction League Champion (2004,2009,2015)
2-time Live Las Vegas Classic League Champion

Azzurri

Post by Azzurri » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:38 am

Sorry for having the balls to call it like i see it right or wrong. I felt i was right what you want me to do? Nice to know all you guys know 100% what went on for sure and of course i am the wrong and bad guy..but whatever Billy Waz when you get a minute PM me the Powerball numbers you seem to have a crystal ball that tells you what really happens..tia.

Greg your the owner here and call me out as a "whiner"..thats great to know..i didn't hear that when you were calling me none stop to take that last spot in that LOADED BOSTON league because no other sucker would dare try to compete with all those great players in the league..thank you too. Had i known it was that loaded a field im not sure id have taken it myself. Here we were hoping we were going to get a bunch of no names and beginners and we walk into that draft for $1400...League was as cut throat as ive ever been in and the draft was picked clean like no other and weekly pick ups were next to impossible.

Ya Ed I passed on Foster for Nicks as i still was not sure how good all the drafters were(unlike most of the guys who knew of each other i didn't know anyone) and wanted two top WRs and felt Nicks was the last top tiered WR left..so i took him and hoped Foster would get back to me..didn't happen and cost me dearly..party on Ed glad that makes you feel good...while you are at it let us know how well Romo does for you these last three weeks. He has a great starts coming up if he gets back playing, wish we had him actually. The Nicks pick did us quite well and we are hoping he comes back this week and picks up were he left off. Had he not got injured we feel we still win TP in the league. As far as our team tiring..how many teams haven't this year? Just hoping the biggest mistake wasn't dropping Starks last week i'm beating myself up myself for doing that now. So you might be able to enjoy that move also Ed. Injuries have killed lots of teams and yes we took two zeros..cant help Heap and MXW going down the first series of there games..unlike Billy Waz I don't have a crystal ball telling me whats going to happen. Ya, i can take it but i will give some back as well even if i started it lol ;)

Guys i want to say sorry if i offended anyone really. I cant be 100% sure of what went on or why but i do have the right to have my opinion and state it even if its barely understandable. This is my first ever try at a main event and maybe i just didn't know how cut throat they can be. I guess it can just be bad luck to get in a league where things like that happen and others they don't? I just wish i had gotten into a league where they didn't...but anyways im over that and still like all the guys in the league and this contest even if you hate me over that situation and "whining" about liking total points over h2h and thinking an all play system would fit this contest perfectly. I love the hobby(maybe to much if thats possible) and the people in it for the most part. I can get emotional at times no doubt and it can make me look unpleasant Im sure. For that I am sorry. From day one out here ive always had that problem of getting very upset over things that maybe i should not be or sometimes when i was actually just being trolled. Then hearing some of the terrible stories of things that have gone on in leagues in the past I always have my guard up esp. in these message boards. For that reason I usually don't post or read lots of threads.

Well anyways I like all my FF playing mates and hope you can somehow understand me and that i just might not be what some may think.

Frank GREAT YEAR! Dam if i only knew how good you were(siting right next to me at draft)no way i let Foster get past me and although i did take Nicks i sure would have loved my chances had i taken AF instead. You had a great draft and great year so far definitely deserved the win..good luck going forward. Mike AA (sitting to my right at draft) wow what a killer corner that was. You also had a fantastic year i just so wish you had kept Mason in your line up and not switched to Branch. As soon as you did that i called my partner and said watch now this is going to backfire and cost us both and sure as crap it did. Thank goodness for the wildcard spots! Wishing Both Mike and Frank from our Boston League great Luck in the playoffs lets go finish 1-2-3 lol..like my "tired" team could do that!

I also want to wish all others who made the playoffs good luck and let the best teams win!

Super D

PS

Also would like to wish all a very Happy and Healthy Holiday Season as well and a fine New Year....yes even you Eddie J and Billy Waz

DT
Pat Tillman is my Hero.

nolencole

Post by nolencole » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:56 am

Good Luck DT, maybe this time 3rd in points will put me in the money.

Yeah...unlike most I took on the challenge of the Bosten (massacre) league. Knew going in it was going to be tough...but to be king of the jungle, you have to sleep with the lions.

alabama abandoned
a.k.a. ALABAMA ABANDONED

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:57 am

DON , you are way out of line here. you could have gone out with class but went the other way. thats on you. you give me way to much credit there are a half dozen guys in that league that have much better game than i do. now to drag billy into this is nuts. people know eddie and i think they know he would never play unfair. i think people know me and know i would never want it that way. you cant buy class my friend. your post was out of line.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN