Worst team ever

nnoy

Worst team ever

Post by nnoy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:17 pm

Maybe English is not your native language Grid or perhaps you lack basic comprehension capabilities.

Yes, lucked into a starter for week 9, no he certainly will never see my lineup in any other week.

You are a real chump if you don’t think I have the ability to maximize the value for Vick and Favre each week based on the match-ups. It will be far from the luck of the draw.

Yes, in week 14 I will root FOR an injury to one of those guys. I will be playing against 30 other teams from outside my own league, many of them will have either Vick or Favre, however I will be the only one with BOTH. So, it goes to basic reason that I would want one of these guys to go down since at that point in time I will be playing against them.

Grid you are the early frontrunner for retard of the board. Please post your team so it can be ridiculed, if it is indicative of your reasoning capabilities then it must suck.

[ September 11, 2004, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: nnoy ]

seeferman

Worst team ever

Post by seeferman » Sat Sep 11, 2004 1:54 pm

nnoy, enough already.

If you are comfortable with your picks, so be it. There is no need to justify them over and over.

Let's play ball.

I "lucked" into the Indy Colts defense with my last pick... :rolleyes:

richieprimo

Worst team ever

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:31 pm

Did you have the "comprehension capability" to read my prior post stating that I MAY have the worst team in the league? Of course I don't really believe that to be true, but I also haven't "crowned" myself already as you are doing.

As for "retard of the board"...I could NEVER compare to the likes of someone like you, your majesty.

120 minutes of football have been played so far and you're proclaiming yourself to be a finalist in the contest. And as far as "maximizing value," I'm sure that you would have benched McNair this week if you owned him. If you want to see dumb-old-me's roster, go to NYC League 1 and look at it yourself. By the way...if I'm lucky enough to make it to the big dance, I'll have to be rooting against the Federal Government,..."NN :rolleyes: Y
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

seeferman

Worst team ever

Post by seeferman » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:33 pm

There is a guy in my league who is starting Anquan Boldin and Lee Suggs this week. My question is why???

Thanks for the denotion I guess.

richieprimo

Worst team ever

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:40 pm

I know it...you're gonna start Vick over Favre this week. Your first mistake.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

richieprimo

Worst team ever

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:43 pm

Originally posted by seeferman:
There is a guy in my league who is starting Anquan Boldin and Lee Suggs this week. My question is why???

Thanks for the denotion I guess. Can't be, Seef. He's probably waiting until Sunday to change it. You hope not, though. Good luck to you.

richieprimo

Worst team ever

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:44 pm

Maybe he's the guy that drafted Shipp.

nnoy

Worst team ever

Post by nnoy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:04 pm

Yes, I am starting Vick, I put the over/under on his points this week at 30.5. The 49ers are the worst team in football, they will be lucky to win four games.

Of course I’m going to plan on being in the final 32. I’m sure about 200 of us have the sack to make the same proclamation (although the Shipp and Buckhalter owners better not pop off.)

If I come out of the gate 8-0 and am in the top-10 overall I’ll shut my yap (no one likes a sore winner.) But as long as we are in the early weeks I’ll pop off at will, that’s one of the benefits of slapping down a cool $1250, there is a forum for such banter.

If you want to ignore my posts there is an “ignore list” option on the rate member section. Feel free to do so. But you’ll be sure to miss out on numerous colorful exchanges over the course of the season.

Gordon Gekko

Worst team ever

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:10 pm

in the main draft, 2 QB in the first 5 rounds is never the right way to go. same bye week is icing on the cake.

something about leaving too many pts on the table at another position.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

nnoy

Worst team ever

Post by nnoy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:26 pm

Gordo,

Your point is well taken, however as I stated before in the Chicago #3 league there were a disproportional number of players that were of 5th –6th round caliber still left on the board when I took Favre. In fact I analyzed my next few picks versus if they actually would have been available in the other 14 leagues:

7th Keyshawn available at my spot in 1 league (4.11 highest)
8th Roy Williams available at my spot in 4 leagues (7.2 highest)
9th Ike Hilliard (oops available in all 14 leagues)
10th Terrell available at my spot in 4 leagues (7.13 highest)
11th Tampa D available at my spot in 3 leagues (6.14 highest)

Outside of Hilliard on average I got players an average of over a round later than they went in the other drafts. That’s how you can afford to take a back-up QB in the 5th. Keyshawn actually went in the 5th round or higher in 7 of the 15 drafts. So essentially if I were in one of those leagues I would have had to use the Favre pick on Keyshawn, and I guarantee you the teams with Keyshawn in those 7 leagues do not have a back-up QB in the same tier as me: advantage NNOY.