Where Did Top NFFC Teams Draft From Through Week 10?

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:04 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
Hmm. I saw a lot of teams that were happily dropping to the end of the first round and using the WR/WR strategy. The disparity from top to bottom seems more pronounced in the NFFC Classic, and is probably due to the shortage of RBs coupled with the WR/WR strategy that seemed to be in vogue this year. Any regrets from anyone on doing that? My KDS was 1,2,3,14.
I got pick 14,which was my 4th choice,i just wanted to be at one end or the other.I went wr,wr,wr,but if i had gotten a top 3 pick it would have been quite different.My team is 1-3,but just cracked into the top 50 overall this week.

I looked at the teams at the tippytop,and most of them have Brandon Marshall,so do i.But the astute pick so far that most of the very top teams have(that i dont,btw)is Santana Moss.And i am not seeing him get much press anywhere so i just thought i would throw him out there,nice draft choice for all you guys n gals that picked him,he is helping many teams right now lead their leagues.
But look out for my RECOVERY BOYS,if i ever figure out which qb to start weekly i will make some noise over here. ;)

renman

Post by renman » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:08 am

I would be interested to know how many people targeted Santana Moss as opposed to "accepting" him on their team at the point they saw nothing else that appealed to them. However, you are right.. at this point... there are always players who are off to great starts that are carrying some teams...

which begs the question.. how can I have Matt Forte on all four of my NFFC teams and still be doing so poorly? Just goes to show how bad the rest of my teams have been!

Samlawyer

Post by Samlawyer » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:19 am

I took Moss because he was the best available and I wasn't in love with the pick. Of course I love it now. Lots of luck in this game . . .

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 am

Likely that not many of the teams burned by SMoss last year were in a hurry to add him to this year's roster

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:33 am

Originally posted by TOMDOG:
quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
Hmm. I saw a lot of teams that were happily dropping to the end of the first round and using the WR/WR strategy. The disparity from top to bottom seems more pronounced in the NFFC Classic, and is probably due to the shortage of RBs coupled with the WR/WR strategy that seemed to be in vogue this year. Any regrets from anyone on doing that? I looked at the teams at the tippytop,and most of them have Brandon Marshall,so do i.But the astute pick so far that most of the very top teams have(that i dont,btw)is Santana Moss.[/QUOTE]I agree about Moss, but the problem was that if you were at the back, it was tough to take him and he didn't make it back to most drafts at the end of the 6th.

I just missed him in the 6th, as Dan Thomas (Hammerheads) took him 2 spots in front of me. :(

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:44 am

I had a gut feeling about both Moss's this year, (that Santana would have more yards) so always tried to get S. Moss in round 5.

We had him embalmed in round 6 and he could have been buried by round 7.

But the good news is, he'll be a good value in 2010, after bumming out his owners in 2009 with a nagging hamstring that costs him 14 games.

It's not just those 2 and Braylon Edwards, all NFL WRs are truly Mossian.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:09 pm

Not only have Andre Johnson, Braylon Edwards, and Colston hurt owners so far who picked at the end of the 1st rd but what about owners who teamed them up with Ryan Grant in the 2nd or Brandon Jacobs in the 3rd (3RR)? Definitely not a strong way to start the season.

Colston will be back soon.
Andre Johnson should be fine.
Braylon Edwards seems like the one who could be the most likely to continue to disappoint from this point forward because of the state of the Browns.

Sound Advice

Post by Sound Advice » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:21 pm

Snake - You looked at my team and I thought you were chewing lemons when you saw Moss on there.

One word dude and it ain't "plastics". It's "wheels". He's got 'em all year.
He's on the best last place team in the history of the NFL in my memory.
He'll miss 13 or 14 games next year, mark my word.
He'll get a bad case of Fantasy Football Rickets.
It's a turrible thing I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Anyone that uses "Chewing Lemons" as a team name owes me a dollar.

TOMDOG

Post by TOMDOG » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:04 am

Of the top 10 NFFC classic teams overall through week 4,the most common player is Santana Moss.He is on the top 4 teams,and 6 of the top 10.

The team currently in 9th overall is Nick Jonas,he is in my league,and he drafted Santana with the 4th pick in the 5th round.Right now it is looking like a great choice.I would never have taken him in that spot,but it is choices like that that win leagues every year,people willing to take chances,and reaping their rewards.

Anything can happen,Santana is not the most durable of wrs,but through 4 weeks,the people who were willing to take a chance are seeing great rewards.Kudos to them.

I was in the camp that thought it would take the washington wrs awhile to pick up Zorns offense and wanted nothing to do with it,i have cooley in one league and the washington d in another.Out of almost 20 leagues.

The washington offense to me is one of the biggest,most pleasant surprises of this early season.

But lets see how it plays out over 16 games,good luck to those of you who have a piece of it.