Would You Be In Favor Of Ranking Your Draft Spots?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:06 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
my preferences:

1-blind bidding for draft slots.
2-KD Style
3-Cage Match
4-current method At 6' 7", 350 lbs ... I think Diesel is on to something here! I vote Cage Match. :D
[/QUOTE]Guys this big would still have to watch out for 2 types...The Hoyce Gracie types, and the Waterboy types...lol....
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:19 am

Originally posted by Z-Men:
Ironically, I agree entirely with you guys in that my last post isn't as good as just letting people bid from their initial 1000 dollar allotment. I only recommended it in response to Greg Ambrosius being afraid of the "crazy owners" who'd bid like crazy on draft slots. Hey, I agree, let those crazy people do their bidding. -z- AFRAID? Diesel, set up that cage match and put me in with Z-Men. I've met him and I know I can body slam him in less than a minute! :D G-Man isn't afraid of anything Z-Men (what are there more than one of you?), so bring it on! :D

Yeah, there's crazy bidders everywhere. Imagine the off-season message board banter about how much No. 1 is going to go for. That could create a life of its own. Maybe the newbies we're forgetting about are the hundreds of players who already are in high-stakes leagues who want more say in their draft spot. Who's to say they wouldn't be the newbies?

I'm not in favor of anything, other than the cage match with Z-Men! Carry on with the discussion.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:15 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
G-Man isn't afraid of anything Z-Men (what are there more than one of you?), so bring it on! I would go by G-Money, but that's just me.

I've long wondered about the Z-Men/plural thing myself. What the dealio?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:45 am

I have no problem talking with a few stewards in my Union about getting some space in the Javitz Convention Center for this event. It may take some favors, but I think I can make it work. Do you guys want the steel cage match or do you want to go UFC style?

P.S...The Z-"Men" topic would be interesting to find out about, but what I really want to know is, What the hell is --K 3 A B L-- ?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:57 am

Imagine the off-season message board banter about how much No. 1 is going to go for. That could create a life of its own. reason #284 out of 1,000+ why blind bidding on draft slots is a good thing
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:31 am

GG since you're on, what is K3ABL ?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:28 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
GG since you're on, what is K3ABL ? Someone in my family unfortunately passed away earlier this year. Those letters/numbers were important to that person.

[ October 12, 2005, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:02 am

Sorry to hear that GG.

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:46 pm

That isn't the reason we would shy away from the draft slot bidding idea. The two reasons we wouldn't do that method would be. ... (cut out stuff). ... some leagues may have crazy owners who spend wildly for draft spots, allowing other owners to accumulate all of the good free agent pickups. My bad Greg "the body slammer" Ambrosius. I should have said "shy away" not afraid. Now I must do what I can to prevent you from body slamming me. Now I'm the one who's afraid!!! -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:04 pm

Originally posted by Z-Men:
quote:That isn't the reason we would shy away from the draft slot bidding idea. The two reasons we wouldn't do that method would be. ... (cut out stuff). ... some leagues may have crazy owners who spend wildly for draft spots, allowing other owners to accumulate all of the good free agent pickups. My bad Greg "the body slammer" Ambrosius. I should have said "shy away" not afraid. Now I must do what I can to prevent you from body slamming me. Now I'm the one who's afraid!!! -z- [/QUOTE]You're a good man, Rob. No need for the cage match now. Let's go back to the battle we started in Las Vegas, seeing who drinks the most Corona's!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius