Week 3 waiver wire bids Post them here

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:31 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
This week in waivers I got Sims-Walker for $616, Edelman for $229, and L. Hamilton for $69. I'm down to $35 left. lol

That's 35 BANGS!! Eddie! Jack,

L. Hamilton for $69. Nice job. I was tip off about this guy at a seat down I had, by a FF player that knows his stuff. :D I drafted him in some Leagues, but I made sure I have him on everyone of my teams. Yes I over paid for him, but he reminds me of P.Thomas last year and both Bell(Who I also have on most of my teams) and T.Thomas are hurting. This kid could be Gold! :D

John
[/QUOTE]Bell (knee) and Moore (hamstring) will be sidelined after being injured against the Philadelphia Eagles. Running back Lynell Hamilton is expected to be active and share the workload with Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas.

Asked if Hamilton would assume Bell's role against the Bills, Payton replied: "I don't think that's accurate."
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:36 pm

I like Knox a lot and thought that the mid 200s should be good enough for him. I was wrong.

I picked him up in the main last week for 17 and should have grabbed him across the board. (drafted him in some leagues)

The Bears are doing the right thing with this one. Get him on the field as soon as possible and involved in as many ways as possible.

He is lightning fast, has hands of steel and is as tough as nails.

He is the Bears version of Eddie Royal this year for Cutler. Cutler was looking for him last week and I think that continues.

My brother mentioned that he reminds him of a young Steve Smith and I think he is right.

The bad news is that Cutler is just getting used to his new toys and there will likely be growing pains for all Bears targets. Having said that, Knox is the most explosive player on that team and I would def start him.

He has the instincts and skill set that they have been TRYING to instill in Hester for the past couple of years and it comes naturally to him.

He has a feel for the game and a knack for going and getting the football. He has what you cannot teach.

I think this group continues to develop at the expense of Matt Fortes numbers.

Johnnie "Fort" Knox could be Golden this year!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:39 pm

I got Hamilton for $1 in one league and $159 in another. Different needs created different bids. Fun stuff.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:06 pm

Originally posted by FantasyFactor:
quote:Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
This week in waivers I got Sims-Walker for $616, Edelman for $229, and L. Hamilton for $69. I'm down to $35 left. lol

That's 35 BANGS!! Eddie! Jack,

L. Hamilton for $69. Nice job. I was tip off about this guy at a seat down I had, by a FF player that knows his stuff. :D I drafted him in some Leagues, but I made sure I have him on everyone of my teams. Yes I over paid for him, but he reminds me of P.Thomas last year and both Bell(Who I also have on most of my teams) and T.Thomas are hurting. This kid could be Gold! :D

John
[/QUOTE]Bell (knee) and Moore (hamstring) will be sidelined after being injured against the Philadelphia Eagles. Running back Lynell Hamilton is expected to be active and share the workload with Reggie Bush and Pierre Thomas.

Asked if Hamilton would assume Bell's role against the Bills, Payton replied: "I don't think that's accurate."
[/QUOTE]Thanks saw that, If P.Thomas or Bush goes down Hamilton will be huge, that's how I roll. When GG told me about Hamilton I made sure to get him, so thank you Mark. :D I take no credit, just the points. :D

John

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:28 pm

P. Thomas is getting closer to 100%, R Bush is healthy for now. Mike Bell is not lost for the season. He'll be back in 3 weeks. Too many IFs for Hamilton to be useful.

Interesting to hear some of the bidding on Forsett. I drafted him in every league, so I hope he gets a chance in Seattle. Hard to believe Manningham was still a free agent in some leagues. Lots of love for Knox. Bennett, Hester, and Olsen will see plenty of targets so Knox is going to be inconsistent. If he's this year's E Royal, boy did I miss out again.

D-Day Heroes

Post by D-Day Heroes » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Being on the East Coast never saw much of Forsett , so i you-tubed some "running" clips ... WOW !!

" Justin Forsett Extended Highlights Part 1 "

Bid 157 ... runner up 131
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:02 pm

Bobby F'n Wade went for $455!!!! Holy cow! Lots of spending on VERY questionable "talent". Knox may be a nice bye week guy and being a Bears fan I hope he does more but I don't see consistent production. But Bobby Wade?!?
Pat Sorge

Old School

Post by Old School » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:22 pm

Originally posted by Rob B:
I like Knox a lot and thought that the mid 200s should be good enough for him. I was wrong.

I picked him up in the main last week for 17 and should have grabbed him across the board. (drafted him in some leagues)

The Bears are doing the right thing with this one. Get him on the field as soon as possible and involved in as many ways as possible.

He is lightning fast, has hands of steel and is as tough as nails.

He is the Bears version of Eddie Royal this year for Cutler. Cutler was looking for him last week and I think that continues.

My brother mentioned that he reminds him of a young Steve Smith and I think he is right.

The bad news is that Cutler is just getting used to his new toys and there will likely be growing pains for all Bears targets. Having said that, Knox is the most explosive player on that team and I would def start him.

He has the instincts and skill set that they have been TRYING to instill in Hester for the past couple of years and it comes naturally to him.

He has a feel for the game and a knack for going and getting the football. He has what you cannot teach.

I think this group continues to develop at the expense of Matt Fortes numbers.

Johnnie "Fort" Knox could be Golden this year! Wow! Knox should fire his agent and hire you

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:00 pm

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Bobby F'n Wade went for $455!!!! Holy cow! Lots of spending on VERY questionable "talent". Knox may be a nice bye week guy and being a Bears fan I hope he does more but I don't see consistent production. But Bobby Wade?!? Many teams are one RB or WR from having a "complete" team. Also that team could have Moore, A.Bryant, etc...

If Wade catches 5-60 the rest of the year with 5 tds, that could be the player that completes the team and gets it through the bye weeks.

Also, if he has 550 left, one can do plenty of damage the rest of the way with that...
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.