2009: Skill versus Luck (Revisited)

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:57 am

Originally posted by John Z:
That "luck" is part of every draft.
Couldn't agree more ... but like no limit hold em (good analogy) ... skill puts you in a position to get lucky. luck alone will not make you a winner (consistent winner anyway).

I am reluctant to think this year is different than any other IMO.
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:59 am

Originally posted by John Z:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
The Cutler pick would fall under the "luck" part John, as NO WAY Cutler should have fell that far. He obviously wasn't a target for you, or you would of taken him well before that.

Cutler went in the 4TH of my league. :eek: That "luck" is part of every draft.

I will tell you there is no luck in having Lynn Renfro (last yr) and Derek and Kyle (2 yrs ago) sitting to my right at the draft.
[/QUOTE]I wish I had more leagues that had THAT kind of luck. ;)

You don't have to tell me John, as I have had Glenn Schroter in my league the last two years (sitting next to me last year), AND Derek Anderson in BOTH my Classic and Primetime drafts last year.

Doesn't look like I am getting a reprieve this year either, as Chicago 3 in the Classic lloks to be pretty stacked! :eek:

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:24 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by John Z:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
The Cutler pick would fall under the "luck" part John, as NO WAY Cutler should have fell that far. He obviously wasn't a target for you, or you would of taken him well before that.

Cutler went in the 4TH of my league. :eek: That "luck" is part of every draft.

I will tell you there is no luck in having Lynn Renfro (last yr) and Derek and Kyle (2 yrs ago) sitting to my right at the draft.
[/QUOTE]I wish I had more leagues that had THAT kind of luck. ;)

You don't have to tell me John, as I have had Glenn Schroter in my league the last two years (sitting next to me last year), AND Derek Anderson in BOTH my Classic and Primetime drafts last year.

Doesn't look like I am getting a reprieve this year either, as Chicago 3 in the Classic lloks to be pretty stacked! :eek:
[/QUOTE]Looks like every league is stacked to me.. Some of them are just plain sick, which is makes winning that much harder and more rewarding.

I had Cutler and D.Anderson(CLE) to choose from Rd 8 last year and at the draft had them rated pretty equally at the time. Lynn, the next pick needed a QB also so I chose Cutler and he took Anderson. We finished 1/2 in pts and I won by 57.
Skill baby!! :D
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:41 am

Originally posted by Derek Anderson:
All I can say is:

One Auction Championship
One Primetime Main Event League Championship
Two Classic Main Event League Championships
Four Draft Champion Championships
One Classic Event Consolation Championship
One Primetime Championship Top Five Finish
Three Classic Championsip Top Ten Finishes

It definitely must be luck!

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson This is an impressive resume. Is there a place to access this information? I have NO IDEA what my results have been other than a few things I can remember. I would like to stark keeping track of how I have done in NFFC events whether they be the Classic, Primetime, Auction, magazine league, a satellite, etc.

Anyone know where this can be accessed?