Which Players Do You Have On Multiple Teams?

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:29 am

Crazy to say, but I am in over 80+ leagues this season....instead of stating who I liked and drafted, I'll give some players that are NOT on a single team.

Brett Favre.....old and overrated for fantasy this year....enjoy the return of the INT machine.
Matt Ryan.....better NFL QB than fantasy. If he's your fantasy starter, enjoy 4th place.
Donovan McNabb......explanation really needed?
Mark Sanchez......King lost his IQ when he touted him as a sleeper in the FSM. He's not a good real life QB, let alone a fantasy one.

Shonn Greene.....like the Jets, he's overrated for this season.
Pierre Thomas....fantastic player, but the up/down stats isn't worthy of the high investment. Reggie Bush on the other hand is on nearly all my teams.
Marion Barber.....love him, but not for fantasy this year. On the other hand, I reached for Tashard Choice in basically all my leagues.
Brandon Jacobs.....wasted pick. Thought he was done before last season, his play did nothing to change it.
Darren McFadden.....THIS IS THE YEAR!!!!! :rolleyes: I'll be happy when McFadden and Chaz Schilens are no longer coveted by fantasy players.
Cadillac Williams.....love his story, but even in the 8th-10th rounds, just couldn't draft him.
Donald Brown.....I don't see it....he's not a lead back. Joseph Addai is on half my teams.
Willis McGahee......"You're livin in the past, man"
Larry Johnson.....I tend not to waste picks....should've drafted Keiland Williams.
Toby Gerhart.....am still laughing from all the "handcuff" love this JAG has received......TD vulture, are you serious?

Larry Fitzgerald....call me crazy, but I've never been a Fitz drafter.
Marques Colston....like most Saints, too up and down for me....his stats can be found throughout drafts.
Michael Crabtree....he's pretty good, but not the elite type fantasy players are hoping for.
Hakeem Nicks....I sure hope I am wrong due to all the love he gets. I just don't see him being anything other than a WR3 with some upside.
Mike Sims-Walker.....was all over last season, this year, not so much. Like Colston, his stats can be drafted much later.
Terrell Owens.....talk about love from preseason. Ocho is still WR to own on team.
Robert Meachem....like MSW, was all over Meachem last year, this year, you would've been better drafting Lance Moore.
Demaryius Thomas....if you wanted to draft a rookie WR in Denver, should've taken Eric Decker....and yes, I would've said that even if Decker didn't have a huge preseason game.

Dallas Clark.....not feeling him this year.....possible injury and others will command ball more.
Vernon Davis.....ok, I lied, I drafted him once. I simply liked other TE's more in 80+ leagues.

New York Jets....not the #1 fantasy D. I'm loving the 49ers this year.

There's obviously many more players I didn't draft, but these are some of the more so-called valuable ones.

I always draft players I like from a preferred list; I am a "get my guys" drafter. Some guys who made it on nearly every team:
Matthew Stafford is a starter in probably half my leagues, with Kyle Orton being the backup....both are top 10-15 options :eek:
Tim Hightower has managed to find his way onto most of my teams the past 3 years.
Ryan Matthews....I like the Bolts and talented players, why wouldn't I draft him everywhere?
LeSean McCoy.....love his potential, even carrying the ball in the redzone!
Backup RB's Choice, Brandon Jackson, Peyton Hillis and Andre Brown will be patiently waiting on most of my teams.
Calvin Johnson....took him over AJ(another fav) in a few drafts. He's a stud that will finally reward those who believe......Randy Moss 07 season a'comin.
Johnny Knox.....loved stealing him in drafts when everybody was on the Devin Aromashodu train.

There's actually a ton of underrated WR's who made it onto most of my teams Jabar Gaffney, Laurent Robinson, Mohamed Massaquoi, Jacoby Jones, Mike Williams(TB)(like Knox, I loved stealing him when people were drafting Benn as the man)Austin Collie, Louis Murphy, Davone Bess, Danny Amendola

Much like baseball, if I draft a player, he's going to be on multiple teams.....and most likely, it's the majority of them. If I like a player, I like them, if I don't, I don't.....you'll never see me "value drafting."

Ok, nobody cares anyways.......so I'm done.
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 am

Wow, that's a lot of teams, Patrick!

Like you, when I like a player he's on most of my teams. I live or die by them. I don't "hedge" my bets by taking lower ranked players to lessen my risk.

Worked out well last year, so we'll see.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:12 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
Crazy to say, but I am in over 80+ leagues this season....instead of stating who I liked and drafted, I'll give some players that are NOT on a single team.

80+ leagues!

I think we need to get 4 big guys, a van, a chair and a priest!
Hakuna Matata!

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:24 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

Mark Sanchez......King lost his IQ when he touted him as a sleeper in the FSM. He's not a good real life QB, let alone a fantasy one. Blasphemy! :D

renman

Post by renman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:36 am

God/Patrick,

Wow. You and I are on the same page about a lot this year. If you do well, I will have done well. I agree on just about every single one of the guys on the "do not draft" list.

I would only disagree with a couple.

McGahee - I think he is a good later round flier to take. He is in great shape, the team loves him. He is talented. He can catch the ball and he backs up a smaller guy who came out of nowhere last year and had a ton of touches. If Rice breaks down McGahee has great value in my opinion.

Nicks - I just think he is the most dynamic weapon on a team that will pass more than most think and has an experienced, if not productive, QB.

The guys who are "your guys" are all over my rosters this year. I certainly am wishing you the best of luck this year.

I went into the Classic and Primetime targeting C. Johnson and got symied in a way that required me change strategy. I ended up with teams stronger at RB than I planned to have.

Kickoff can't get here fast enough.

particra

Post by particra » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:34 am

I agree with God on almost all of those except for Mohamed Massaquoi (who is simply an awful WR) and McCoy, who I really like, but is not going to get enough goal line touches with the Eagles. Love Knox, Gafney, Murphy, Orton.

IMO, the Detroit offense hype machine is out of control. The O-line is not good. It's at least a year early and their schedule is brutal (Min 2x, GB 2x, NYJ, NE, PHL, Dal, MIa). I'll be shocked is Stafford makes it through the season.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:11 pm

Addai is not on one of my teams this year. Like some others here saying that just have that gut feeling, my gut tells me Addai is not making it through the season healthy.

I'm only in 4 leagues (which is enough) and my only duplicates are (2 leagues each except Finley):

J Finley (3)
H Nicks
A Rodgers
E Royal (I will likely regret this - and I fell for the blurb that said he will be lining up in the slot often)
Cooley

GOD Loves You

Post by GOD Loves You » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:10 am

Originally posted by Brutally Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by GOD Loves You:

80+ leagues!

I think we need to get 4 big guys, a van, a chair and a priest!
[/QUOTE]If the above is assembled, I'm not sure what to think!! ;)

I'm crazy, but don't have a big bank account.
Rapiddraft.com is offering a $100K prize with FREE entries.

It's sorta a neat concept.....they take the rankings of 11 so-called experts, one of which happens to be my friend Tony Cincotta, and uses the rankings to create a "robotic general manager." The participant drafts against these robots and plays out the season against them. The system is setup so all teams are managed throughout the season.....again, based on the rankings of the individual experts. It's set up like most national contests.....league play and overall play.

Each participant was able to draft 5 teams from each draft slot, for a grand total of 60 teams. I figured why not take a chance by drafting 60 lottery tickets?

Due to how many of the drafts flowed, I was able to get fantastic value throughout....if I and a few others here are "right" about "my guys," my teams in this contest will be pretty, pretty, pretty good....but, I'm guessing there are many lottery tickets like mine. Anyways, 100K, for only investing time, seemed like a good deal to me.

The other 20+ leagues are all over the place.......you should see my bookmarks!

Back the topic of players......to quite a few of you on the mb's, GOOD LUCK WITH THE MANY RETREADS THIS SEASON!
FAITH IS NOT BELIEVING THAT GOD CAN....
IT IS KNOWING THAT HE WILL