Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:14 am

What happens should the Ravens game which has now been postponed again not be played this week? Do owners need to not play any players, will you revert scores back etc.? I realize this is unprecedented but it appears they may not get the game in this week...
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:15 am

Here is the latest...

Hurricane Ike, which swept through Galveston and Houston overnight, caused substantial damage to Reliant Stadium, so the Texans game against the Baltimore Ravens will not be played Monday night.

The home opener, originally scheduled for Sunday, had been pushed to Monday night because of the storm.

"The facility will not be usable," Shey Guinn, president of SMG, the company that manages Reliant Park, told the Houston Chronicle.

"There's some structural damage to the roof. Part of it is off," Guinn said, according to the paper. "There's also some other damage on the property caused by wind and water. We're in the process of assessing the damage. As far as the game being postponed again or played, that will be up to the NFL."

According to the Chronicle, the two teams will not comment until they speak with the league; a conference call is scheduled for later Saturday.

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:17 am

The Houston Chronicle is reporting that the Texans' Reliant Stadium is in no condition to host an NFL game Monday night.

The stadium may have even sustained enough damage from hurricane Ike that it won't be usable for several weeks. It's not clear yet whether the game will be moved to another site or postponed to a later date. The NFL will likely make a determination Saturday. The Texans bye week (Oct. 26) is a possibility.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BONGIZMO

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BONGIZMO » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:18 am

I am also figuring the bye week is the call, makes the most sense.

Sandman62

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Sandman62 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:18 am

If the game gets further pushed out beyond this week, what is the effect on fantasy games? Do we just have to use other players? Then in whatever week they DO play the game, do the stats not count (seeing they're already playing a game that week)???

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:22 am

my guess is that if the game doesn't take place this week, any texan or raven gets ZERO points.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Raiders

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:25 am

Bye week, won't happen. They have different bye weeks. No way they play a game on Sunday than Wednesday than Sunday again.

Why can't they play at Baltimore? Don't get it?

John

bald is beautiful

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:53 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
my guess is that if the game doesn't take place this week, any texan or raven gets ZERO points. As much as I do not want to admit it, you might be right about this. I have Schaub, A. Johnson, Daniels, McGahee, Rice on my NFFC main event team. I can't even field 3 WR's playing in wcoff if this happens.

Coltsfan

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:03 am

I only have Schaub and Rosenfels on my main event team. We didn't pick up a backup QB yet since they aren't on bye until week 8.

Wayne

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:04 am

Let's see what the NFL decides today. I honestly have no idea why the game wasn't moved to a neutral site on Friday. This was a staggeringly bad decision by the NFL in my opinion to just hope that Houston would be OK in 24 hours. The game should have been relocated on Friday when the decision was made to push the game to Monday night.

But let's see what happens. Once the NFL rules Greg and I will discuss it. Unfortunately, it might be a situation where owners are forced to take 0 points for a certain position because nobody was anticipating a Week 2 postponement. I have the Ravens' D in the KP Auction league and no backup defense so I would be stuck with a 0 there in that league.

Again, though, let's see what the NFL decides. I can't think of a single reason why the game wouldn't be played Monday night at a neutral site.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich