Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:28 am

I've heard Atlanta was rumored to be the neutral site location. I was stunned when they didn't move it there on Friday. A really horrible decision by the NFL to keep the game in Houston.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:29 am

Originally posted by IT'S TIME AGAIN:
If the games is not played this week then why not have another free agent period so teams can make adjustments accordingly. Let's just see what the NFL rules later today. It just wouldn't be possible to inform all of our members that we are hosting another free agent period in a few hours when we're not even sure if it will be necessary. Again, there is no wiggle room to fit this game in during the regular season or after the regular season, so I would think the NFL will do all it can to find a home for this game still this week.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:33 am

I hope this works out for the best. I'm minimally impacted, but this still sucks.

Why couldn't the eventual results be loaded into week #2 no matter when the game is played?

It's not like the season would be over before week 13 anyway?!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

jjsegura78

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by jjsegura78 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:41 am

As an owner of Ravens D, and Daniels I took my FAAB and used it to make picks to replace these two options. I live in Houston, and really haven't been able to get on computer, but just read today that game might not be played here on Monday. I've been working since Friday morning at 0630hrs and it's a mess out here. This city is in no shape to host a game for over a week. 90-95% of our residents do not have electricty and we're expecting up to 3 weeks before some have turned back on. Good luck to all, but the game will probably not be played in Houston for a while.

THIS PLACE IS A MESS
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:44 am

Thanks for the update Jive Turkeys. The No. 1 concern is that everyone impacted by Hurricane Ike is doing OK so hopefully that's the case.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:44 am

maybe im wrong(wouldnt be the 1st time)but i dont think u can do that, just saying A.JOHNSON goes down in week 5 or a qb gets hurt in week 5 and the game is in week 6 it would not be fair to the teams with balt d or O.DANIELS in the lineup
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:46 am

hey jive...be safe budd
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Raiders

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Raiders » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:46 am

Originally posted by Jive Turkeys:
As an owner of Ravens D, and Daniels I took my FAAB and used it to make picks to replace these two options. I live in Houston, and really haven't been able to get on computer, but just read today that game might not be played here on Monday. I've been working since Friday morning at 0630hrs and it's a mess out here. This city is in no shape to host a game for over a week. 90-95% of our residents do not have electricty and we're expecting up to 3 weeks before some have turned back on. Good luck to all, but the game will probably not be played in Houston for a while.

THIS PLACE IS A MESS Be safe, the best to you and your's.

John

jjsegura78

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by jjsegura78 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 am

Galveston is who I'm praying for right now. They took a beating, and about 25% of their residents refused to evacuate during the mandatory evacuation. Thanks, I'll make sure to be safe. Been told I'd be out here maybe till late Sunday or early Monday.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:01 am

Pro Football Talk.com is reporting the game could be moved to New Orleans:

We’re hearing from league sources that there are discussions going on today about moving this weekend’s Ravens-Texans game to Monday night at the Superdome in New Orleans.

The game was originally scheduled for Sunday afternoon in Houston but was rescheduled for Monday night because of Hurricane Ike. But after Ike damaged Reliant Stadium, the league is now scrambling to find a new venue for it.

The Superdome, of course, is home to the Saints, who were forced to play their whole 2005 season away from home as a result of Hurricane Katrina. The Saints play at Washington tomorrow. The Superdome’s event calendar says the stadium is hosting a Tulane football game today and another Tulane game on Thursday, but nothing Sunday through Wednesday.

The Houston Chronicle reports that if the damage to Reliant Stadium is so severe that the team can’t return later in the stadium, they could play their games at Rice Stadium on the campus of Rice University.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich