Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

TOMDOG

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by TOMDOG » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:18 am

News Main E-mail

Posted: 1 minutes ago
Ravens-Texans game moved to Week 10
Associated Press

HOUSTON -- Damage caused by Hurricane Ike has led to postponement of Monday night's NFL game at Reliant Stadium between the visiting Baltimore Ravens and the Houston Texans.

The Ravens-Texans game originally scheduled to be played Sunday, then rescheduled to be played Monday night due to Hurricane Ike, will now be played in Week 10. The originally scheduled Bengals-Texans game in Week 10 has been moved to Week 8 (game time 4:05 p.m. ET), and the Bengals' bye week moves to Week 10.

The storm tore chunks off the stadium's retractable roof and the damage can't be fixed in time to host the game, said Shea Guinn, the president and general manager of Reliant Park.

Houston Texans
» Video | Schedule | Stats
» Roster | Depth chart | Transactions
» Official team site: HoustonTexans.com
"There is no way this stadium will host a game on Monday night," Guinn said Saturday. "There are parts of the roof that are completely gone."

The retractable roof on the $352 million venue rolls open in nine sections. Guinn said five of the sections were missing and large pieces of debris had fallen into the stadium.

"It's hard to tell what came from where," Guinn said.

An official announcement on the game was expected later Saturday, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

"It certainly appears that the stadium is not going to be able to be used on Monday night," Aiello said.

The game, originally scheduled for Sunday, was moved to Monday earlier in the week as Ike approached the area.

The field is not scheduled to host another game until Oct. 5, but Guinn said he wasn't sure when repairs could be completed. He said the stadium also sustained some water damage at street level.

Reliant Stadium sits next to the Astrodome. Guinn said Saturday that he had not yet inspected the dome for storm damage. The Texans' air-supported practice "bubble" across the street was deflated on Thursday and was not damaged, Guinn said.

Harris County Judge Ed Emmett, the supervisor of the county's hurricane cleanup efforts, planned to visit Reliant Stadium and survey the damage later Saturday.

If Monday's game is postponed, it is unclear when it could be made up. The Texans' off week is Oct. 26, while Baltimore's is Nov. 6.

Three years ago, when the New Orleans Saints were displaced because of Hurricane Katrina, they played four of their scheduled home games at LSU's Tiger Stadium, three in San Antonio and one in East Rutherford, N.J., against the New York Giants.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press.

gOT THIS FROM NFL.COM

renman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by renman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:30 am

I am not seeing why it would be difficult to let owners who are stuck with no kicker/defense the opportunity to make $1 pickups that the rest of the owners in their league had no interest in. I am not seeing how it would be unfair to the other owners. I find it hard to believe there are NFFC players out there would are not monitoring this issue closely given the stakes. If there are owners not monitoring the situation than maybe they do not want to field a full team as bad as they should?

As someone who owns A. Johnson on just about every single team... as well as having the suspended S. Smith on my NFFC main, you can understand my irritation. I can't even field a full team in the NFFC main now. There must be a way around this in the spirit of fairness given the stakes.

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:32 am

Originally posted by renman:
I am not seeing why it would be difficult to let owners who are stuck with no kicker/defense the opportunity to make $1 pickups that the rest of the owners in their league had no interest in.Because as I explained earlier we have no way to contact the participants in our event today to let them know a second FAAB period would be run. That is the main concern about doing that.

Greg is having dinner with his family so after he's done we'll talk and make a decision. But unfortunately, I don't see any way around telling everyone you're stuck with a 0 if you can't replace a certain player or players.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:38 am

Man, what a tough situation it puts nearly everyone in.

Just imagine a scenario where a hurricane of this size were to hit Florida with 2 or 3 potential games in play.

That's a lot of zeros!!!! :eek:

I just hope Houston recovers ASAP.

I guess this rules out Houston as a potential 4th city now too. :(
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

BLACKHAND

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:39 am

tom , it really is not fair for a second faab anyway. this was not a surprise storm. teams should have had a plan. if a team comes up with a kicker or def that scvores big by surprise then the other team would be upset. then where do you draw the line...wr , rb , qb(god forbid)
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:39 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I don't see any way around telling everyone you're stuck with a 0 if you can't replace a certain player or players. me neither.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:42 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I don't see any way around telling everyone you're stuck with a 0 if you can't replace a certain player or players. me neither. [/QUOTE]Well, we already have one of our best customers who is threatening to leave our event if we don't run a second FAAB. Great stuff.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:46 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
I am not seeing why it would be difficult to let owners who are stuck with no kicker/defense the opportunity to make $1 pickups that the rest of the owners in their league had no interest in.Because as I explained earlier we have no way to contact the participants in our event today to let them know a second FAAB period would be run. That is the main concern about doing that.

Greg is having dinner with his family so after he's done we'll talk and make a decision. But unfortunately, I don't see any way around telling everyone you're stuck with a 0 if you can't replace a certain player or players.
[/QUOTE]TK - why not a MASS e-mail like you guys have done in the past?...there might be more at risk if you DON'T do it ISHO...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Because we can't send out a mass email today. We have no one in our Cincinnati office who can do that. And I'm not sure that sending out an email at this late of the day and hoping everyone gets it is the right move to make either. Trust me - as I've explained there is about a .000000001% chance of us being able to send out an email to all of our participants today.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich