Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

kapefear

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by kapefear » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:46 am

RENMAN.1ST OF ALL YOU NEW THE PENALTY FOR DRAFTING STEVE SMITH..2 weeks suspended and a bye week in a race to 13,so please don't CRY to us about STEVE SMITH.I truely understand the EFFECTS about the game on MONDAY.The funny in the whole ?????? is what if it was DALLAS vs PHILLY? ROMO,MBIII.T.O.,WHITTEN,CRAYTON,F.JONES,DALLAS D.,FOLK... OH I FORGOT philly...MCNABB,WESTBROOKE,LJ SMITH,DESEAN JACKSON,PHILLY DEF,BASKETT??. ANY ways I rest my case.

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:47 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Well, we already have one of our best customers who is threatening to leave our event if we don't run a second FAAB. Great stuff. you'll have some threatening to leave if you do run a second faab and they miss out because they aren't at a computer. owners KNEW yesterday that a hurricane was coming this weekend. ultimately it's on the OWNER to have a backup ready. (ps - i'm taking a zero in one league).
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mkrucek

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by mkrucek » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:47 am

Originally posted by renman:
I am not seeing why it would be difficult to let owners who are stuck with no kicker/defense the opportunity to make $1 pickups that the rest of the owners in their league had no interest in. I am not seeing how it would be unfair to the other owners. I find it hard to believe there are NFFC players out there would are not monitoring this issue closely given the stakes. If there are owners not monitoring the situation than maybe they do not want to field a full team as bad as they should?

As someone who owns A. Johnson on just about every single team... as well as having the suspended S. Smith on my NFFC main, you can understand my irritation. I can't even field a full team in the NFFC main now. There must be a way around this in the spirit of fairness given the stakes. And what do you do in the spirit of fairness for those owners who said this game may not be played and picked up that extra defense or kicker?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:49 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
I am not seeing why it would be difficult to let owners who are stuck with no kicker/defense the opportunity to make $1 pickups that the rest of the owners in their league had no interest in. I am not seeing how it would be unfair to the other owners. I find it hard to believe there are NFFC players out there would are not monitoring this issue closely given the stakes. If there are owners not monitoring the situation than maybe they do not want to field a full team as bad as they should?

As someone who owns A. Johnson on just about every single team... as well as having the suspended S. Smith on my NFFC main, you can understand my irritation. I can't even field a full team in the NFFC main now. There must be a way around this in the spirit of fairness given the stakes. And what do you do in the spirit of fairness for those owners who said this game may not be played and picked up that extra defense or kicker?
[/QUOTE]good point.

da bears

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by da bears » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:51 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Well, we already have one of our best customers who is threatening to leave our event if we don't run a second FAAB. Great stuff. you'll have some threatening to leave if you do run a second faab and they miss out because they aren't at a computer. owners KNEW yesterday that a hurricane was coming this weekend. ultimately it's on the OWNER to have a backup ready. (ps - i'm taking a zero in one league). [/QUOTE]Agreed Mark. I failed to pick up a backup kicker for Brown in one league. I have no one to blame but myself. I knew the risks but didn't back him up.

[ September 13, 2008, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:52 am

quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Well, we already have one of our best customers who is threatening to leave our event if we don't run a second FAAB. Great stuff. you'll have some threatening to leave if you do run a second faab and they miss out because they aren't at a computer.[/QUOTE]Yup. This is not going to be an easy decision. I'm still stunned the NFL did this. They moved a game with the Chargers due to the fires a couple of years ago but this one they want to massively alter the schedule for? I didn't see it coming.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:53 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Agreed Mark. I failed to pick up a backup kicker for Brown in one league. I have noone to blame but myself. hopefully it's in a league with me ;)

Superpion

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Superpion » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:53 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
my guess is that if the game doesn't take place this week, any texan or raven gets ZERO points. As much as I do not want to admit it, you might be right about this. I have Schaub, A. Johnson, Daniels, McGahee, Rice on my NFFC main event team. I can't even field 3 WR's playing in wcoff if this happens. [/QUOTE]...the SNAKEsquad would be left without a Kicker on BOTH Main teams as he has Kris Brown...UNACCEPTABLE & UNFAIR are two words that quickly come to mind here...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Damn Snake, I wouldn't mind being the lucky sonofabitch to play ONE of those Main teams this week.
"We see you've been missing a lot of work lately".

"I wouldnt say I've been missing it Bob". ---OFFICE SPACE

sportsbettingman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:53 am

It's almost like the NFL reporting that every player on the Ravens and Texans roster was "questionable/doubtful" when there was a 50% chance at a game cancellation.

I didn't have many players from those two teams...but I sure the hell would have hit the WW to back up Andre Johnson given the news the past 4 days.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Tom Kessenich

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:54 am

quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Agreed Mark. I failed to pick up a backup kicker for Brown in one league. I have noone to blame but myself. hopefully it's in a league with me ;) [/QUOTE]Rob Benetti may be the beneficiary of me having to take a 0 with the Ravens D in the KP Auction league.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich