Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:55 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Yup. This is not going to be an easy decision. i think it's an easy decision. owners coulda picked up players just last night. they knew a storm was coming.

it sucks for anyone impacted, but there's nothing else to do.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

da bears

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by da bears » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:56 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Agreed Mark. I failed to pick up a backup kicker for Brown in one league. I have noone to blame but myself. hopefully it's in a league with me ;) [/QUOTE]Nope. :D
Bauler Shot Caller

renman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by renman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:56 am

Originally posted by 4D:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
I am not seeing why it would be difficult to let owners who are stuck with no kicker/defense the opportunity to make $1 pickups that the rest of the owners in their league had no interest in. I am not seeing how it would be unfair to the other owners. I find it hard to believe there are NFFC players out there would are not monitoring this issue closely given the stakes. If there are owners not monitoring the situation than maybe they do not want to field a full team as bad as they should?

As someone who owns A. Johnson on just about every single team... as well as having the suspended S. Smith on my NFFC main, you can understand my irritation. I can't even field a full team in the NFFC main now. There must be a way around this in the spirit of fairness given the stakes. And what do you do in the spirit of fairness for those owners who said this game may not be played and picked up that extra defense or kicker?
[/QUOTE]to the 3 poeple who exist who did this.. I would say ..."you can not go mow your grass Sunday morning while some others have to scramble to pick up a $1 kicker or defense..."

not sure what someone picking up a defense in case the game might get cancelled has to do with the fact that 98% of the NFFC members didn't or couldn't.

Gordon Gekko

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:56 am

Originally posted by da bears:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by da bears:
Agreed Mark. I failed to pick up a backup kicker for Brown in one league. I have noone to blame but myself. hopefully it's in a league with me ;) [/QUOTE]Nope. :D
[/QUOTE]you got me AGAIN u bastard!!! :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Superpion

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Superpion » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:57 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I don't see any way around telling everyone you're stuck with a 0 if you can't replace a certain player or players. me neither. [/QUOTE]MAN OH MAN THIS IS JUST WRONG!!!...BIG FAT ZERO'S FOR MANY WHICH CAN AND WILL ULTIMATELY DECIDE THE FATE OF MANY WITH MUCHO LOOT ON THE LINE...NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD AT ALL!...something has/can to be done, no?...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Let me get on the horn with the roof contractors, get them to do 3 weeks work overnight; I'll give "the Goods" a call (as he likes me to call him) and let him know that the stadium will be available on Monday night and he will reverse the decision.
"We see you've been missing a lot of work lately".

"I wouldnt say I've been missing it Bob". ---OFFICE SPACE

Superpion

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Superpion » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:58 am

quote:Originally posted by SNAKE:
I am not seeing why it would be difficult to let owners who are stuck with no kicker/defense the opportunity to make $1 pickups that the rest of the owners in their league had no interest in.Because as I explained earlier we have no way to contact the participants in our event today to let them know a second FAAB period would be run. That is the main concern about doing that.

Greg is having dinner with his family so after he's done we'll talk and make a decision. But unfortunately, I don't see any way around telling everyone you're stuck with a 0 if you can't replace a certain player or players.
[/QUOTE]TK - why not a MASS e-mail like you guys have done in the past?...there might be more at risk if you DON'T do it ISHO...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]Because we can't send out a mass email today. We have no one in our Cincinnati office who can do that. And I'm not sure that sending out an email at this late of the day and hoping everyone gets it is the right move to make either. Trust me - as I've explained there is about a .000000001% chance of us being able to send out an email to all of our participants today.
[/QUOTE]And to quote Dumb and Dumber: "So you're telling me there's a chance?"

bald is beautiful

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
Only thing unfair is for the people who have lost homes, possessions and such due to Ike. We may take a few zeroes, but we still get to watch the games in the comfort of our home, some don't even have that after the storm....something to think about. Scott, stop making so much sense. I am pissed about losing so many freaking players in my big $ events. Last thing I want to hear is common sense.

I'm going to go have a couple beers and be glad I live in Illinois and not Texas right now.

Superpion

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Superpion » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:01 pm

I don't see any way around telling everyone you're stuck with a 0 if you can't replace a certain player or players. me neither. [/QUOTE]Well, we already have one of our best customers who is threatening to leave our event if we don't run a second FAAB. Great stuff.
[/QUOTE]When you guys are put in positions to make difficult decisions, there are always going to be those who benefit and those who do not benefit from those decisions. In a high stakes event, this will bring out the man emotions in the heat of the moment. Once things cool off, I doubt that they will be packing up their bags. If they do, that is unfortunate but you can't please all of the people all of the time.

renman

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by renman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 pm

I am not seeing why it would be difficult to let owners who are stuck with no kicker/defense the opportunity to make $1 pickups that the rest of the owners in their league had no interest in.Because as I explained earlier we have no way to contact the participants in our event today to let them know a second FAAB period would be run. That is the main concern about doing that.

Greg is having dinner with his family so after he's done we'll talk and make a decision. But unfortunately, I don't see any way around telling everyone you're stuck with a 0 if you can't replace a certain player or players.
[/QUOTE]Tom,

I am no computer expert but I would think we could get a league message out to all leagues on their homepage saying "due to the fact the Houston/Baltimore game was cancelled AFTER our free agent process ended we will open up the free agency process again from whatever time to whatever time to allow teams to pick up some scraps (that other league members had no interest in) so they can fill a full roster"

I am just throwing out ideas. It seems reasonable to me. I have to believe every single NFFC member who has a Raven or Texan in their starting lineup (with no alternative) is paying attention to this and if they are not.. shame on them they should get zero.

Diesel

Greg/Tom Ruling Needed

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:02 pm

It seems as if the WCOFF management hit this before anyone even asked about it.

"No additional Add / Drops or Waivers will be processed in light of the announcement. Rosters are set as of the 9/12 Waiver Wire Transactions."

I had to see how they were handling it too. It is what it is here. I'm losing Mason and Shaub in the Main Event, so it is effecting me here. But sometimes there is no feasable solution. This announcement was only made around an hour ago, with only 19 hours until the first game tomorrow. I can't see anyone coming up with a fair way to resolve this without leaving it as it is.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."